eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 2/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, strangeangel said:

I couldn’t understand why the bike is branded SINNIS on the tank, but is referred to as a “Qingqi” on the MoT document.

I think I have the answer:

There’s an unrelated company called “QinetiQ” which I understand is pronounced “Kinetic”. If you use this wordplay on “Qingqi” you get “Kingci” or “Kingki”, and when pronounced comes out sounding like “Kinky”.

Would you want to ride a bike called “Kinky”?

I could of course be wrong on both accounts (the pronunciation and whether you’d be prepared to ride a “Kinky” bike).

41 minutes ago, Ford Prefect said:

I couldn’t understand why the bike is branded SINNIS on the tank, but is referred to as a “Qingqi” on the MoT document.

Like most of the Chinese brands you see around - Direct Bikes, Lexmoto, Honley etc - Sinnis is merely an importer. They buy in Chinese domestic market shite for 27p and a broken Xbox per unit and stick their name on the tank.

49 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

Like most of the Chinese brands you see around - Direct Bikes, Lexmoto, Honley etc - Sinnis is merely an importer. They buy in Chinese domestic market shite for 27p and a broken Xbox per unit and stick their name on the tank.

Thanks,  I see now.  I originally searched on "Qingqi" which gave me the manufactures story, and I assumed SINNIS was a global (non Chinese) brand name.

I’ve now found the SINNIS site, but I find their strap-line “Riding from reality” a bit ambiguous.  😕

Every photograph in this listing looks like it was taken by a really cold dog having a crap with a camera taped to it's back

s-l1600.jpg

2016 MG 3 1.5 VTI FORM SPORT | eBay

s-l1600.png

Ford transit 190 lwb float moted ready to drive totally refurb @ full respray | eBay

'This truck has wanted for nothing'

'the heater is noisy so maybe u might get a new heater motor '

But apart from the heater it's wanted for nothing?

'the alternator belt squeals but then disappears after a min or so so might need changing soon'

But apart from the heater and the alternator belt it's wanted for nothing?

'the radio works but sometimes looses connection so might be best putting a new one in' 

But apart from the heater and alternator belt and the radio, it's wanted for nothing?

'drivers window has come of mech so needs pushing in place and wedging up with screw driver'

But apart from the heater and the alternator belt and the radio and the window mechanism that has had tobe held up with a screwdriver, it's wanted for nothing?

'I would be hoping for £4000 plus'

18 hours ago, doug said:

Well that puts that Rebel above into perspective doesn't it? I thought it was massively overpriced but thought maybe, like everything else, they'd gone up massively in price (not value, there's a difference). Makes this look a bargain, great colour too. 

Edit:

Though the link only takes me to a Kitten FB page and I obviously can't go any further. Then the MOT history page says it hasn't its first Mot so it remains an enigma. 

15 hours ago, Ford Prefect said:

Thanks,  I see now.  I originally searched on "Qingqi" which gave me the manufactures story, and I assumed SINNIS was a global (non Chinese) brand name.

I’ve now found the SINNIS site, but I find their strap-line “Riding from reality” a bit ambiguous.  😕

You can still buy a Sinnis Matrix scooter which was also sold as the Peugeot Sum Up. Probably almost extinct now but here's one:

1973211990_Screenshot_20210208-122150_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8eb5b0cb660ee2891246bee835bca9dc.jpg

https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot-motorbikes/peugeot-sum-up-125-2008-124-cc-/1396282719

Quite a nice ride actually, comedy transmission whine on the overrun and rev counter as standard for no real reason. Kick start, handily. I had one a decade ago and sold it to a bloke from Poland for less than this one in St Albans is advertised at. 

Build quality seemed okay, though the exhaust rusted quickly despite always being garaged, and most of the screws holding the plastic panels together fell out.

14 hours ago, strangeangel said:

I know it's an Iveco, but that would suit me. Take enough bookshelves out to fit in a decent sofa, wine rack,  small bathroom and a wood burning range, I could take most of my books on holiday with me.

18 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.png

Ford transit 190 lwb float moted ready to drive totally refurb @ full respray | eBay

'This truck has wanted for nothing'

'the heater is noisy so maybe u might get a new heater motor '

But apart from the heater it's wanted for nothing?

'the alternator belt squeals but then disappears after a min or so so might need changing soon'

But apart from the heater and the alternator belt it's wanted for nothing?

'the radio works but sometimes looses connection so might be best putting a new one in' 

But apart from the heater and alternator belt and the radio, it's wanted for nothing?

'drivers window has come of mech so needs pushing in place and wedging up with screw driver'

But apart from the heater and the alternator belt and the radio and the window mechanism that has had tobe held up with a screwdriver, it's wanted for nothing?

'I would be hoping for £4000 plus'

image.jpeg.73c369cfe33efb0ff6cf4b148a4030a7.jpeg

Image result for alexa

'Next door keeping putting bread out when my wife's got the washing on the line. How can we get the bastards back'

s-l1600.jpg

Foden Military/Army Water Cannon/Lorry/Truck/Classic/Vintage/Rare/Barn Find | eBay

That's probably the greatest looking thing ever.

4 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Image result for alexa

'Next door keeping putting bread out when my wife's got the washing on the line. How can we get the bastards back'

s-l1600.jpg

Foden Military/Army Water Cannon/Lorry/Truck/Classic/Vintage/Rare/Barn Find | eBay

That's probably the greatest looking thing ever.

Can you imagine pulling out of a T junction in that, you would have no problem

I had one of these, the same year and colours but mine was a 1700 and I don’t think the seats were such nice cloth. Mine was also low mileage, it was around 8 years old and I paid £50, I still struggled to make any profit on it!
They look much better now 30 years have passed, I’m still not tempted though but would love to see someone else rescue it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-ambassador-2ltr-auto/203272948760?hash=item2f54030c18:g:T~4AAOSw691gIVJk

image.thumb.jpeg.a03282e2bdec5f111b1d10b1660ca21f.jpeg