eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Showed this my Mrs and she really, really, liked it, and it's not very far away sadly. 

Fortunately, she can apply for her bus pass on Monday so it's not going to be in my garage. Pheeww !!

1934 AUSTIN 7 ALLOY BODIED 750 SPEEDEX SPORTS SPECIAL. This looks like a pile of bits made into a fairly tidy looking car but I do like the idea of a fairly old special.

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1934-AUSTIN-7-ALLOY-BODIED-750-SPEEDEX-SPORTS-SPECIAL/313391202594?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

7 minutes ago, SiC said:

Cheap. Very cheap for a Sprint. Link doesn't work so either it's sold or a closed group?

Indeed no longer listed, the counter said it had only been up 2 hrs! Not surprising at that price; his FB notification must have sounded like Cynthia Payne's doorbell. The pics did show it to be rough as arseholes with a heroic tideline though.

13 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Indeed no longer listed, the counter said it had only been up 2 hrs! Not surprising at that price; his FB notification must have sounded like Cynthia Payne's doorbell. The pics did show it to be rough as arseholes with a heroic tideline though.

A good Sprint engine and gearbox can easily get £1.5k nowadays! Also very hard to get hold of too. That fact scare me on mine. Not least that these engines are notoriously fragile.

Plus people work miracles on cars. Someone took this:

Screenshot_20210123-195451.thumb.png.09c8bd636fa063d9b4ec4e537c0f4161.png

Spent 2.5yrs to make it look like this:

Screenshot_20210123-195336.thumb.png.7c2d3b828583926e51e2a03492e4fb1f.png

Mine probably never to be that standard or condition!

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

1990-Talbot-Express-camper-motor-home-2500-Diesel-No-reserve

1990 Talbot Express camper/motor home 2500 Diesel. No reserve | eBay

'BEEN USED TO TOW A RACE CAR ALL OVER THE WORLD'

1990-Talbot-Express-camper-motor-home-2500-Diesel-No-reserve

I like Talbot campers but the idea of towing a car with one, particularly one with the added drag of a third axle, is unimaginable.

The ad is worth a read for the comedy value, you'll need ear defenders though, it's all shouting.