eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

33 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

"I'm phoning about the Metro you're selling...."

"screw the Metro, let's have a chat. It's not for sale really, it's just to get people phoning for a good natter"

spacer.png

Didnt know you could these in 4wd flavour, this about £3k too much in my eyes. Unless there worth loads and I haven't got a clue.

least the photos let you know it can do 60mph

spacer.png

It also does 64mph

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Prairie-SLX-4x4/224320584379?hash=item343a8c7abb:g:wfUAAOSw8JRf4nKe

8 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

"I'm phoning about the Metro you're selling...."

"screw the Metro, let's have a chat. It's not for sale really, it's just to get people phoning for a good natter"

"Happy classic car motoring
Nigel Partridge."

Maybe you could talk about the pedestrianisation of Norwich City centre should the Metro chat dry up. That seems quite a popular topic for people called Partridge from Norwich.

1 hour ago, Danterzza said:

I know Ferrari's aren't exactly autoshite but it looks so sad and dilapidated. 

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Dino-308-GT4-for-Restoration-UK-RHD-1979-Bianco-V5-Docs-rebuilt-Gbox/393080112834?hash=item5b856686c2:g:0YwAAOSwwSFfyUFi

spacer.png

£17,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember these going for £7500 or so, in roadworthy condition, not that many years ago. Well, 25 or so years ago...

That looks absolutely fuckered. I wouldn't give £17.50 for it, but I'm sure there's a sucker enthusiast out there to make an "investment".

s-l1600.jpg

Craven Tasker Low Loader Artic Trailer | eBay

'It has got reasonable tyres'

s-l1600.jpg

You've no idea how much fun* it was changing these fucking things in the pissing rain at the side of the road. 

Re-enact that fantastic time when Dollywobbler and Catsinthewelder went to Europe, bought a vehicle and drove it home by simply* going to Norway for this.

Commer-Camper-1974-1725cc-Norway

Commer Camper 1974 1725cc Norway | eBay

2 hours ago, Danterzza said:

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Dino-308-GT4-for-Restoration-UK-RHD-1979-Bianco-V5-Docs-rebuilt-Gbox/393080112834?hash=item5b856686c2:g:0YwAAOSwwSFfyUFi

spacer.png

Somebody spent £2k rebuilding the gearbox on this pile! It will never see the road again. This belongs in the "just bloody scrap it" thread. 

2 hours ago, Danterzza said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am sure that was for sale last year ( or 2019 ish ) locally to me in ascot by the archivist from maranello sales in  Egham. It’s my favourite Ferrari - not this one obviously,   but the model. The only Bertone Ferrari.

quote....

• The Bertone Design was penned by Marcello Gandini who created many legendary cars for Lamborghini. The majority of these cars are now well out of the reach of most enthusiasts. The Lamborghini Countach being one of the worlds most collectible cars, the Lamborghini Uracco now sells regularly for well over £100,000. A similar car to the Dino 308 GT4, but now far more valuable. 

or buy an x1/9 with the same designer and many of the same parts.

I would love one of these, this is the right year, right colour.

It has been listed recently, so this is at least the second time of listing.

Below is the best picture. If the vans and caravans do not inspire confidence in the seller then read the description.

I’m oot. Even I am not stupid enough to bid on this. ( it is lovely though )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-elite-1974-n-reg/254838937818?hash=item3b559598da:g:v9wAAOSwYRxgBwQp

image.thumb.jpeg.d1fd00e9902ec453169bea2c36a7c04f.jpeg

Edited by Shite Ron
Added link

1 hour ago, Shite Ron said:

I would love one of these, this is the right year, right colour.

It has been listed recently, so this is at least the second time of listing.

Below is the best picture. If the vans and caravans do not inspire confidence in the seller then read the description.

I’m oot. Even I am not stupid enough to bid on this. ( it is lovely though )

Got a link to it, M8? Thanks.

Did anyone else have the misfortune of driving one of these round back in the day?

s-l1600.jpg

Mini pick up. Restoration project, lots of spare parts, comes with the trailer. | eBay

They were shitting awful.

s-l1600.jpg

2004 MG ZR 160 vvc Monogram Jubilee Gold Unique vehicle Low mileage 1 off | eBay

MG Monogram Jubilee is actually an anagram of 'Groom a jumble minge'. Didn't tell you that on the listing, did they?

35 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Did anyone else have the misfortune of driving one of these round back in the day?

s-l1600.jpg

Mini pick up. Restoration project, lots of spare parts, comes with the trailer. | eBay

Yes.

Yes they were.

Fast around roundabouts though. Until the NSF tyre came of the rim.

4 hours ago, Danterzza said:

spacer.png

Wonder how hard it is to sell something like this?? Must be a limited market for people wanting a temple on the back of a caddy as there daily driver.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-N-CADILLAC-CONCOURS-4-6-PETROL-HEARSE-BUDDHIST-SHOW-CAR/224321331880?hash=item343a97e2a8:g:KFUAAOSw1Qxfydoj

Quite hard to sell, they have been advertising that for ages, easily two years. 
If it was cheaper, it could sell to a pickup builder...

Funny thing for a dealer to import speculatively.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

2004 MG ZR 160 vvc Monogram Jubilee Gold Unique vehicle Low mileage 1 off | eBay

MG Monogram Jubilee is actually an anagram of 'Groom a jumble minge'. Didn't tell you that on the listing, did they?

I've been wondering for a while Billy - how do you come up with these random anagrams?  Do you put every vehicle name into an anagram generator to see if it comes up with something amusing, or do you have some kind of weird anagram-spotting brain?

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

They had two identical in the dairy I worked at when I was still at school and saving for my first car, we used to use them for any extra deliveries for items not on the milk float.(later replaced with bedford midi’s. I had a minivan when I was 20, I remember getting it to 80 flat out. When driving them my knees were touching the metal dash rail as the seat would not go back far enough due to the load bed. Fun but in short doses, not for long journeys.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:50 PM, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

I've always wanted a Mini pickup.  Prices are through the roof now but just seeing one makes me smile indulgently.