eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I would love one of these, this is the right year, right colour.

It has been listed recently, so this is at least the second time of listing.

Below is the best picture. If the vans and caravans do not inspire confidence in the seller then read the description.

I’m oot. Even I am not stupid enough to bid on this. ( it is lovely though )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-elite-1974-n-reg/254838937818?hash=item3b559598da:g:v9wAAOSwYRxgBwQp

image.thumb.jpeg.d1fd00e9902ec453169bea2c36a7c04f.jpeg

Edited by Shite Ron
Added link

1 hour ago, Shite Ron said:

I would love one of these, this is the right year, right colour.

It has been listed recently, so this is at least the second time of listing.

Below is the best picture. If the vans and caravans do not inspire confidence in the seller then read the description.

I’m oot. Even I am not stupid enough to bid on this. ( it is lovely though )

Got a link to it, M8? Thanks.

Did anyone else have the misfortune of driving one of these round back in the day?

s-l1600.jpg

Mini pick up. Restoration project, lots of spare parts, comes with the trailer. | eBay

They were shitting awful.

s-l1600.jpg

2004 MG ZR 160 vvc Monogram Jubilee Gold Unique vehicle Low mileage 1 off | eBay

MG Monogram Jubilee is actually an anagram of 'Groom a jumble minge'. Didn't tell you that on the listing, did they?

35 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Did anyone else have the misfortune of driving one of these round back in the day?

s-l1600.jpg

Mini pick up. Restoration project, lots of spare parts, comes with the trailer. | eBay

Yes.

Yes they were.

Fast around roundabouts though. Until the NSF tyre came of the rim.

4 hours ago, Danterzza said:

spacer.png

Wonder how hard it is to sell something like this?? Must be a limited market for people wanting a temple on the back of a caddy as there daily driver.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-N-CADILLAC-CONCOURS-4-6-PETROL-HEARSE-BUDDHIST-SHOW-CAR/224321331880?hash=item343a97e2a8:g:KFUAAOSw1Qxfydoj

Quite hard to sell, they have been advertising that for ages, easily two years. 
If it was cheaper, it could sell to a pickup builder...

Funny thing for a dealer to import speculatively.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

2004 MG ZR 160 vvc Monogram Jubilee Gold Unique vehicle Low mileage 1 off | eBay

MG Monogram Jubilee is actually an anagram of 'Groom a jumble minge'. Didn't tell you that on the listing, did they?

I've been wondering for a while Billy - how do you come up with these random anagrams?  Do you put every vehicle name into an anagram generator to see if it comes up with something amusing, or do you have some kind of weird anagram-spotting brain?

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

They had two identical in the dairy I worked at when I was still at school and saving for my first car, we used to use them for any extra deliveries for items not on the milk float.(later replaced with bedford midi’s. I had a minivan when I was 20, I remember getting it to 80 flat out. When driving them my knees were touching the metal dash rail as the seat would not go back far enough due to the load bed. Fun but in short doses, not for long journeys.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:50 PM, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

I've always wanted a Mini pickup.  Prices are through the roof now but just seeing one makes me smile indulgently.

6 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I've always wanted a Mini pickup.  Prices are through the roof now but just seeing one makes me smile indulgently.

I always thought I might like a mini pick up, but I'm not sure it offers the secure practicality of a Van.  Also I'd love this pickup, but think there are better ways of spending money.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holden-SS-pick-up-5-7-V8-AUTO-/124508460775?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292Screenshot_20210120-053306_eBay.thumb.jpg.71a1e492392b083ab1f77f6e19cd8ca7.jpg

Austin Allegro 1979 project

0000.thumb.jpg.3cb9259b957ee73432e4e2c6163d8ec4.jpg

"austin allegro 1.4 project needs finishing off

as can see is one of austin allegro 2 door lots of time and money has gone into car sad to see it go other commitments force me to sell 

has volkswagen polo 1.4 injection petrol engine  engine is fully working not connected up have had it running as is mint engine 

have spare paint as can see is unique one of kind 2 door austin allegro previous owner sorted out underneath of car and body only front and rear windows left to sort 

comes with HYDRAGAS pump with individual valve kit and fluid

have loads of extra parts for car lots of parts and mean lots stripped down another austin for parts

so it's mountain of parts for car to finish it of as well and two sets of front windows and rear windows tax and mot exempt registered as historical vehicle "

Starting bid:  £800

Ebay link

13 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

Had one in the late seventies, I used to buy  10 "crossply remoulds for £2.50  a piece and wear them out in a fortnight ragging it round the local roundabouts........... 

39 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

Austin Allegro 1979 project

0000.thumb.jpg.3cb9259b957ee73432e4e2c6163d8ec4.jpg

"austin allegro 1.4 project needs finishing off

as can see is one of austin allegro 2 door lots of time and money has gone into car sad to see it go other commitments force me to sell 

has volkswagen polo 1.4 injection petrol engine  engine is fully working not connected up have had it running as is mint engine 

have spare paint as can see is unique one of kind 2 door austin allegro previous owner sorted out underneath of car and body only front and rear windows left to sort 

comes with HYDRAGAS pump with individual valve kit and fluid

have loads of extra parts for car lots of parts and mean lots stripped down another austin for parts

so it's mountain of parts for car to finish it of as well and two sets of front windows and rear windows tax and mot exempt registered as historical vehicle "

Starting bid:  £800

Ebay link

Why? I could imagine some sort of V6 out of a Rover 75 being forced into the engine bay (No idea how) but a poxy 1.4 out of a polo? Not worth the effort.  Who was it that was shoehorning a big VAG engine into a little Lupo. Thats more the spirit. 

5 minutes ago, New POD said:

Why? I could imagine some sort of V6 out of a Rover 75 being forced into the engine bay (No idea how) but a poxy 1.4 out of a polo? Not worth the effort.  Who was it that was shoehorning a big VAG engine into a little Lupo. Thats more the spirit. 

I'd imagine it'd probably been engine raped for a Mini and the Polo engine was the easiest way to get it mobile again.

1 hour ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1290638

50855780366_c9ba300486_z.jpg

50855062518_089fe29c78_z.jpg

This is just lovely, and not too badly priced either at £4500 I think.

67 Victor 101 estate 

My god that is hugely tempting as a ULEZ exempt London wagon. 

Spotted by @Pieman here 

And sold for £2160 + Premium in 2016 

https://swva.co.uk/classic-car/vauxhall-victor-101-1967/

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Has he got a horizontal radiator in there above the gearbox? I'm sure that must have a fantastic throughput of air if so.

Would it be any worse than the vertical sideways-mounted rad that many A-serieses were equipped with?  I assume it has an electric fan underneath to lend a helping hand.

14 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I've been wondering for a while Billy - how do you come up with these random anagrams?  Do you put every vehicle name into an anagram generator to see if it comes up with something amusing, or do you have some kind of weird anagram-spotting brain?

No, I just get bored easily  (like you didn't know) and if anything looks like it'll spell 'minge' in the title, then it's game on.