eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

20 hours ago, Supernaut said:

image.thumb.png.05ff5c9b78ae800760602abe5d11f6c0.png

Aye, just an old Proton. I know we like these round here.

But...

image.thumb.png.113edc441a4111ad2045c725ba51d379.png

135626999_motherofgod.jpg.8ef04d6602d90d90f2d50a6ff0a5e74d.jpg

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lada/lada-proton/1394725538

Also yes. The seller thinks it's a "Lada Proton".

J REG PROTON 

IT MUST BE SAVED 

[ps: wasn't 'LadaProton' or 'ProtonLada' the name of the fruitcake poster who used to ramble on about these? What a Saga...] 

Lotus Excel for a guess.

I don't understand folk not giving some idea of what they want for a car. I could be interested in that beige Cavalier with the red top but I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to deal with somebody who won't give a price. Presumably he wants crazy money for it.

9 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Lotus Excel for a guess.

I don't understand folk not giving some idea of what they want for a car. I could be interested in that beige Cavalier with the red top but I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to deal with somebody who won't give a price. Presumably he wants crazy money for it.

There's 2 things that reduce the value for me personally, the carbs.  Why the fuck?  Surely the XE is better on injection.  And if it needs more, surely some fancy throttle bodies are more appropriate? 

1 minute ago, New POD said:

There's 2 things that reduce the value for me personally, the carbs.  Why the fuck?  Surely the XE is better on injection.  And if it needs more, surely some fancy throttle bodies are more appropriate? 

Yeah, TBH I wasn't paying that much attention. The idea of a semi-quick 'old school' car appeals though. You're right, injection would be much more preferable.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101087785120

250 quid with a failure sheet that wouldn't bother me. If only it wasn't for lockdown and a fooking load of snow I'd probably have a drive over the hill to look at this before @Dylan Wrightbeets me to it.

250d76485a0146d89da098ea7c45afcb.jpg.08ae67d0e9f5217bae213b6c92e0b7b0.jpg