eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

99% sure this is the euro-spec Eldorado recently dragged out of someone driveway where it was rotting for years.

s-l1600.jpg

Detroit engine which is the same as the Mustang.

Absolute nonsense

It's done approximately 130000 km

s-l1600.jpg

very rare and it will be a lovely car once finished just no time to finish it off

Because you barely owned the car long enough to give it a proper wash

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cadillac-eldorado-touring-coupe-4-9-L-V8-spares-or-repairs-Project-very-rare/254829271863?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dd72d0179e8834114b59e73f30e659404%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D224209335775%26itm%3D254829271863%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A154a985b-52aa-11eb-95bb-9ad80bc622bd|parentrq%3Ae872bba11760aa486cd346eaffe6085a|iid%3A1

With the 4.9 you get a significantly slower car compared to the Northstar but at least you wouldn't need to worry about any N* related problems. 150k km is not that much either, the paint however will be by far most expensive thing to sort (as far as I remember the clearcoat was entirely ruined) and the euro lights just look terrible on them. It probably needs much more than just the pads and discs the seller claims its needing.

4 hours ago, Ford Prefect said:

OK, the 2CV may not be your thing, but in the sellers other listed items (32 pages) there must be something to take your fancy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/citroen-2cv-special-nut-and-bolt-restored-galvanised-chassis-low-milage/233851548568?hash=item3672a37398:g:KzYAAOSwjFtf-bJf

Odly they all finish on the same date and all only have one photo and a note insisting you contact them outside of eBay. I wonder why? 😁

That is all fraudulent listings from a hacked account. 

11 hours ago, vaughant said:

I have a work colleague who is South African and exports cars to SA frequently from blighty, not sure if he imports back here but I dont think he's had any major supplier issues with whoever he uses for transport. 

I can ask him who he uses but he's a pretty fly guy and I expect will offer to "complete the transaction on the other parties behalf".

Still, at least you then have someone who can speak the lingo with a proven freight, can't see him asking a life changing arrangement* fee either. 

I'd be interested if he could get me a "styleside " load bed/box for my MK3 cortina bakkie.

2 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I'd be interested if he could get me a "styleside " load bed/box for my MK3 cortina bakkie.

I will ask him what the script is with it all. I don't think he'd go looking for one for you but if you found one in sure he could arrange the transport. 

/\

It's a scam listing so people run the price up to deter people from being taken in.

*Edit: You contact the person in the second picture and they tell you they're working abroad but the car will be shipped to your door via eBay's 'secure' programme (or something like that), so you pay them, they send you a fake Paypal or bank recipt then just fuck off with your money.

2 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

People are bidding that up to make it look ridiculous to try stopping people getting fooled by them. 

Scam works by people contacting the fraudster by email. The "buyer" transfer money/deposit for the car. They never see the car or get any message back from the scammer again. 

s-l1600.jpg

Converted double decker bus (can be driven on car licence) camper / mobilehome | eBay

'if used as a holiday let shouldn't be a problem '

s-l1600.jpg

That's one episode of 'Four in a Bed' I don't want to miss.

3 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

HOW FUCKING MUCH!!!!!

I thought it was a grand when I first saw and thought it was a bit salty but I haven't paid any attention to these ever price wise. 

Although thinking back a mate of mine saw one in the back of a bombsite car sales back in about 2005 when they were proper fodder for £495* which was cheap enough to make a ton or so on, in that flat light blue they came in. 

Suspecting it was a p/x in he fancied a quick flip as he did from time to time and after a short conversation with the salesman, who he described as a few shillings short, was told it was not a p/x but retail so he left it....... 

As the salesman pulled the sun visor out of the way, he noticed it was £1495....

Sat there unsold for about 2 years from memory. 

What it might be like...

s-l1600.jpg

What it is like...

s-l1600.jpg

What it might be like...

Toyota-Caetano-Optimo-Mini-Coach-Camper-Party-Bus

What it is like...

s-l1600.jpg

Toyota Caetano Optimo Mini Coach Camper Party Bus | eBay

Yes daft but true. There are now what I would consider fairly modern buses becoming thirty years old (see above) but when the law first came in most thirty year old buses were, if not actual half cabs, very dated with manual boxes, or pre-select or crash boxes and possibly no power steering and anybody could get in and just drive off (but with no more than eight passengers and not for hire or reward). Whereas a modern bus where you get in press drive and can steer it with one finger you had to pass all the relevant tests. Always seemed a bit back to front to me, but I've made good use of it over the years so I'm not complaining. 

Plus one on the East Lancs comment. That thing looks very similar to the East Lancs Dominators that Southampton brought in to replace the Routemasters. I did a bit of a double take when I saw it. It's not one as ours had flat top deck front screens but it's very similar. Our East Lancs Atlanteans were hilarious with bits of aluminium plate or brackets being riveted on in ever more places by the end but you could still sit almost anywhere and watch different bits of the body moving indepently of each other.

The comment in the listing about leaky windows won't be because of the rubber seals, it'll be because the body has moved. And they want more than £3k?