eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Right.  

It's been a long time since an Autoshite Save happened.  They're always brilliant and glorious, and a source of good reading material.  

So can everyone have a think about what they actually WANT from life, realise it's an original Austin miniMETRO in Brown, cough up some pennies and get this thing bought?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I've ommitted the front valance photo because I don't want to frighten you off.

Seriously, this is what it's all about.  This.  A brown miniMETRO.  With further brown.

No excuses.  Who's in?

@Zelandeth to the early Metro Phone please

(BTW can someone explain to me please what the different head lights on the Metro mean?, I have seen some with flush mounted head lamps and others with recessed ones but I have seen both styles on Metros of the same age so is it a Trim level thing or?)

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

@Zelandeth to the early Metro Phone please

(BTW can someone explain to me please what the different head lights on the Metro mean?, I have seen some with flush mounted head lamps and others with recessed ones but I have seen both styles on Metros of the same age so is it a Trim level thing or?)

bASe spec ones were recessed - higher spec ones were flush.  That was only for the first couple of years of production from memory.  There will be people what know better than me.

9 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

bASe spec ones were recessed - higher spec ones were flush.  That was only for the first couple of years of production from memory.  There will be people what know better than me.

Thanks thats been bugging me for a few years now! :) 

so how much is it then? gotta know how much the Roffle tickets will cost, registered  Jan 1st 1981, so will become Historic Vehicle eligible/ULEZ exempt extra early :) 

(I know there is a link somewhere in this forum somewhere but I cant find it on a very quick search, as when it popped up a couple days ago and did almost tag zel in it then, but I remember his had the aforementioned recessed headlamps so I was not quite sure if it was tag worthy or not LOL)

2 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Right.  

It's been a long time since an Autoshite Save happened.  They're always brilliant and glorious, and a source of good reading material.  

So can everyone have a think about what they actually WANT from life, realise it's an original Austin miniMETRO in Brown, cough up some pennies and get this thing bought?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I've ommitted the front valance photo because I don't want to frighten you off.

Seriously, this is what it's all about.  This.  A brown miniMETRO.  With further brown.

No excuses.  Who's in?

The colour - from my research - is called PEAT BROWN.  Didn't he used to do a Soul Show on BBC GLR?

It is absolutely fantastic.  I know @Skizzeris a metro fan!  I wonder how much they'd actually sell it for before Auction End?

@BorniteIdentity I think you forgot the link! here it is for anyone interested: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-metro-1-3s-26-000-miles-Husband-Wife-from-new-SPARES-OR-REPAIR/184604320734

Currently it's at £910, and ending tomorrow, which wasn't as expensive as I was expecting. NOS wings and valances are still fairly readily available and not that expensive. If this is anything to by, then it's still at risk of being used for parts. Somebody GIB!

I've been watching that Metro since it was first listed.  There have been two bids of £2000 retracted, which when active showed that the current high bidder has bid £1900.  I'd love it, but can't reconcile myself with Metro prices nowadays.  I remember the totally solid 1.3S (admittedly in Arum white) with the same brown strobe interior I bought for £400 in 2000/01.  And sold for about the same amount a year later...

I couldn't justify £1900 on an old metro needing a load of work. If we are doing a group buy though I could be persuaded to chuck £250 or whatever in. But when are we gonna be able to even do owt with it?  Presumably it would end up sitting about doing nothing till the friggin pandemic was over (2023)?

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Recessed lights on bASe spec Metros continued even after the facelift.

6.jpg

13 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

I can't decide which I prefer? Didn't the vans also used recessed?

I think so; I’ve never seen a van without them. They kept making the vans with a-series engines and the old mk2 shells well into the 90’s too I think. Maestro vans had a similar style light too.

2 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

The colour - from my research - is called PEAT BROWN.  Didn't he used to do a Soul Show on BBC GLR?

It is absolutely fantastic.  I know @Skizzeris a metro fan!  I wonder how much they'd actually sell it for before Auction End?

That's fantastic; my brother had a 1.3S in light blue metallic/rust two-tone, it went well due to the branflakes weightloss programme. He fitted it with a Dolomite steering wheel and did some really terrible pigeonshit welding to get it through MoTs. Another highlight was the homemade dalek for refreshing the rideheight after it was pumped up by some idiot garagiste until it looked like a citroen with the lever on "high". By the time it got cubed the tideline was level with the top of the wheelarches.

More south african treats; F350, straight 6 and spanish gears, 1800BINs

135906245_10207821318648670_882593635700

136742946_10207821318888676_891488967184

136196081_10207821319208684_994924550689

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

till the friggin pandemic was over (2023)?

You're optimistic!  That's only two year's time ;)

I hear you though, Brother Bollocks.  The Sierra was scooped up just in time at £750 with a few months ticket and not too ripe.  I would struggle to stick £2k into something that needed a lot of work again.  Inevitably I'd pick it up probably die before it was roadworthy again (which is my biggest concern with my Mini)

4 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

Just came here to post the same vehicle!

This looks like a lovely way to grab your Lockdown 3.0 Click and Collect.

image.png.71e12737bbc22fe9ad554b777e48858d.png

Correct upholstery.

image.png.ee247474b3d669dff497ebedb0793eb7.png

CASH ACCEPTED

2001 PEUGEOT 406
2.0L DIESEL
5 SPEED MANUAL
160K GENUINE MILES
ELECTRIC WINDOWS
TOW BAR
ROOF RACK (REMOVABLE)
LOTS OF RECEIPTS & SERVICE HISTORY IN GLOVEBOX 

Good to know he accepts cash - you know, what with it being legal tender and all that.

Holy shit

s-l1600.jpg

Kawasaki KH250, Barn find, Project, Recommission, Restoration | eBay

Chester registered sex machine. Needs indicators, proper decals and standard bars, but that's well fit.

image.jpeg.a046e2feee201de2642774e8dc847a86.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

'Off you go son, go and find out how much he wants whilst I make us a brew'

Professor David Bellamy OBE - Pensthorpe Natural Park

Driver escapes uninjured after rolling car while trying and failing to  avoid hitting duck on A1 | Daily Mail Online

s-l1600.jpg

asdavidducka.jpg.d927a3b1bbff6d2160a81ff805a6f931.jpg

Jaguar S-Type SE 4.2 Barn Find | eBay

'Access is likely to be an issue as it is at the top of a steep narrow drive and at the moment doesn’t run under its own steam

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Holy shit

s-l1600.jpg

Chester registered sex machine. Needs indicators, proper decals and standard bars, but that's well fit.

Corr, I'd be leaving those clip-on bars for the authentic '80's 'it's a racing bike mate' experience, never mind the fact that those front discs had all the grip of a Vaselined hand around a wet bar of soap.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Holy shit

s-l1600.jpg

that Number plate is really quite funky/interesting as it looks a a lot like a Homo-Hygrade plate, a predecessor to the Serck's font plates we all know and love, so I always thought they got replaced by said Serks plate, so its weird seeing one in Retro reflective black on yellow

I wonder if they kept making them for smaller sized motor cycle plates? (thinking about it I dont think iv seen a motorcycle on pressed Serks plates?)

On 28/11/2020 at 20:41, LightBulbFun said:

EDIT: also worth noting that I think those plates in your picture are a pair of Homo-Hygrade plates, notable by the distinctive way they did the digit 8 :) (and technically a predecessor of the serck plate as the company was bought out by them IIRC!)

and before anyone gets funny with me about the name!

image.thumb.png.3182ae6baf27abe90c66269040558807.png