eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

s-l1600.jpg

2002 Iveco Indcar Maxim 2 Midi Coach | eBay

Indcar Maxim=maxim rancid.
One coach firm I worked for got one of these brand new. It was one of the most horrible things I have ever driven. The newest motor on the fleet and noone wanted to be its designated "owner" like nearly every other vehicle on the fleet.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

On 12/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Cavcraft said:

Bolton Oldham Cleveleys? Christ, had forgotten about them. Didn't they use to advertise on the telly (Granada) quite a lot? Went with the missus to view a car there once, it was when there was a handful of dealers inside the place. Anyhow, talked about a buffed up pile of bollocks, it was about 50% new paint (various shades) and 50% 'Back-to-Black'.  

BOC, Better People to Buy From;

Was a Radio Jingle (Think it was Red Rose Radio) That I seem to remember from Days gone by.

My Dad went to look at a Mini 1000 in BOC Cleveleys circa 1984, it was a rusty overpriced heap of shit, 

Nothing changes long term I suppose.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Metro-1983-37k-Miles/164588353506?hash=item26523af7e2:g:d-IAAOSwzq5f3Hpq

how has this little thing has lasted as bright and clean as this, when usually they were proper fooked at 5 and 6 years old?

this might as well have just come off the line, by the look of it!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-minor-1949-mm-low-light-totally-rust-free-and-original-C-w-V5/224282945381?hash=item34384e2765:g:iVYAAOSwMXdf27Ys

its a shame that Nuffield Group  had to lift the headlamps up onto the wings.

s-l1600.jpg

even been a side-valve, and been slower than continental drift, i'd still love to own it.

i couldn't though, the "benign neglect" that passes for my ownership means it'd be shagged in no time :-(

18 hours ago, egg said:

£25 for the set in Harwich, not a bad price for snap-on?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1124483654668139

131925744_103716158298924_41976927304637

Snap On Eurotools  not to be confused with Snap On proper.  The chrome doesn't stay on leaving razor sharp bits sticking up. Mine were replaced free because of this but the 2nd time they just refunded me because they were all the same. I have quite a lot of Snap On branded stuff and these are the worst.  

11 hours ago, RobT said:

Christ, I only sold it this morning.  At least wait a few days!  He paid £1,000 and I anticipated a £1,995 flip, but that's just greedy.  Sunroof aperture is rotten btw.  Lovely car otherwise. 

Why don't you use the power of the Facebook comment thread to point out how little value he's adding to the world and how he is just lazy and rent seeking?

8 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-minor-1949-mm-low-light-totally-rust-free-and-original-C-w-V5/224282945381?hash=item34384e2765:g:iVYAAOSwMXdf27Ys

its a shame that Nuffield Group  had to lift the headlamps up onto the wings.

s-l1600.jpg

even been a side-valve, and been slower than continental drift, i'd still love to own it.

i couldn't though, the "benign neglect" that passes for my ownership means it'd be shagged in no time :-(

Benign neglect!  I love that, I'm stealing it because it perfectly describes my situation!

Also, that Cinq looks lovely, should make someone a fine first car.

10 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

Would anyone seriously pay that sort of money for an 800 anyway? 

Not if you're straight in the head, no...

2 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

Why don't you use the power of the Facebook comment thread to point out how little value he's adding to the world and how he is just lazy and rent seeking?

Can't be bothered engaging in Facebook arguments tbh, I got a price I'm happy with after all.  However, I have reported his eBay listing as he's lying and claiming it's a one owner car.  The photo in the advert is an old V5, included as part of the history.  Owner tally is five.  Facts can't be disputed.

23 hours ago, egg said:

I like that , a lot.  Was about to message ‘ Chaz’ when I realised I’d prefer it if it were an auto GLE or at least had leather, I’d also have to get the door,arch and wing repaired/painted.  That was when I realised I just like the idea of some Azev As on a Volvo, although if I could try a pre-Christmas kick in the nuts offer...