eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

15 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Citroen made a 2CV with 2 engines, they can be identified by the fuel filler half way along the nearside as the fuel tank was under the front seats. Just don't drop your Gauloises whilst driving!

Somebody more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly to tell us what they were called.

The Sahara?

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

This plonker is still going, selling cheap chod, must be on about his 17th account by now.  Still as racist as ever and his feedback is a sight to behold - I'm tempted to bid on one of his cars and then not turn up, just to see if I can get him to call me a "tossar".

or a dossar :D

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

This plonker is still going, selling cheap chod, must be on about his 17th account by now.  Still as racist as ever and his feedback is a sight to behold - I'm tempted to bid on one of his cars and then not turn up, just to see if I can get him to call me a "tossar".

Jesus wept, it's impossible to imagine anyone doing business with them. Perhaps they don't they, as the Saab sold twice and both left good feedback.

8 hours ago, egg said:

Couple more pics added of the one in  Margate, it is one colour...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/870697967048230/

131140194_753847671895247_73640800433969

131209866_753847638561917_47407485738342

Looks like he's polished it. There are less external shots now but the ones that are there are shinier. Previously the front arches showed an arc of darker paint around them which is why I mentioned them. That's one less job to do I suppose. 

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

s-l1600.jpg

I don't get people like this. In order to make a point, he has alienated the swathes of people (like me) who boycott spiteful, petty xenophobes

3 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't get people like this. In order to make a point, he has alienated the swathes of people (like me) who boycott spiteful, petty xenophobes

I think he's probably just not very bright.

It's a shame he's such an obvious twat, as a lot of his stuff sells for bargain prices - probably for that very reason.

5 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Ironically, I've found lately the most honest, straight, easy to deal with folk have been those who's country of birth  is somewhere in Eastern Europe, no messing and like it used to be with a handshake meaning a handshake not "thanks for that but if one comes up £1 cheaper I'll buy that instead yet still arrange a time to collect yours and just disappear from the face of the earth until you're selling something else again that I'll waste your time with". 

Even had people ask me for petrol money up front if they come and look at the car and its not as described..... But at the very least they want their costs back if they buy it and a lifetime guarantee on all parts and servicing. 

Not sure how £1-3k traders without finance survive these days, must be one of the most thankless professions around. 

16 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Far as I know at one time it was often said only one engine could be running  ( but I don't think there's an actual law your breaking having both powering a vehicle simultaneously) ergo  what about the several twini mokes & minis built by BMC?

From reading reports years ago in a Mini book, the one that almost killed John Cooper on the Kingston By-Pass , had two fuel injected Cooper S engines runninig together. It was estimated he was doing over 100 when the welded up steering arm on the rear subframe broke free causing the car to flip end over end. The story was that when he finally returned to work, he canned the whole project.

Of course that could be urban legend

57 minutes ago, egg said:

£20 an hour rent hire - Sandy, Bedfordshire

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/773953006520738

124230822_5269105283115084_9115203383100

No bench or worktop with a vice. No compressor. No transmission jack. So if you want to get a lot of jobs done you need a sprinter sized van with all the kit. 

People would probably brake or steal the equipment if it was there which is probably why rental ramps don't really exist any more. 

10 minutes ago, Skcat said:

No bench or worktop with a vice. No compressor. No transmission jack. So if you want to get a lot of jobs done you need a sprinter sized van with all the kit. 

People would probably brake or steal the equipment if it was there which is probably why rental ramps don't really exist any more. 

Plus we've all had those "oh xxxx" moments when something is snapped or gone wrong, wrong part (I'm looking at you ecp). 

Leaving a car stuck on a ramp is not fun.

Good idea in principle but in reality doesn't work.

I'd only feel comfortable doing something like an exhaust back box/centre pipe change on a rented ramp.

13 minutes ago, Skcat said:

Guy who originally started our unit share was right up for this fuelled by one of the other members who never really used it. 

I was totally against it as it meant introducing new people into an area with access to a lot of cars /tools /bikes etc that could easily go missing. 

All he could see was £30 an hour for doing nothing. 

I then began to explain things like the insurance side of it, PLI, tool breaks and someone gets blinded etc, car sets the unit on fire and suddenly it doesn't seem like such a good idea. 

I think it's a bit like a rental property, if you leave things in it like washing machines etc and they break, that's your responsibility, whereas if the tennant brings their own, then it's theirs, same would apply to tools and lifting equipment. 

One idea was banded about of a supervised workshop where the owner/mechanic basically sits in the office but you use his tools etc and he gives you a hand /guidance if needed. I think that could work but to make it worthwhile it would really have to be your own workshop otherwise you're paying wages all day for someone to sit there doing very little for little return. 

10/15 years ago that would have been great for the home mechanic to do clutches etc. 

7 minutes ago, Agila said:

Plus we've all had those "oh xxxx" moments when something is snapped or gone wrong, wrong part (I'm looking at you ecp). 

Leaving a car stuck on a ramp is not fun.

Good idea in principle but in reality doesn't work.

I'd only feel comfortable doing something like an exhaust back box/centre pipe change on a rented ramp.

This exact thing happened to me last week, car on the ramp with 3 easy * jobs to do for the mot that in truth shouldn't have been 2 hrs..... 

Spent 8hrs over 2 days doing a track rod end and a pair of cv gaiters due to me being a klutz. At his rates it would have been cheaper to get it done in a proper garage. 

I love having a ramp to work on and don't mind paying a premium for it as its a life saver but luckily I'm not against the clock, all we've asked for is fair play which 99.99% of the time we get.