eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Yes, proving the regs are indeed complex. I imagine the type approval regime that Ford/Volvo had to go through to get this rubber stamped is somewhat more rigorous than an SVA inspection.
If your XC90 goes all skynet and kills you/third parties then Ford/Volvo will ultimately be liable, if it's a system failure.
If your home-made and unapproved Franken-Citroen decides that one engine needs to be in first gear and the other in reverse, ripping the car in half and killing/injuring/embarrassing you/third parties, you'll be the one residing at Her Majesty's pleasure. Assuming you survive.
None of what you have said backs up your point that a twin engined vehicle driving different axles is illegal and/or against C&U Regs? All you've said is read the regs...

If you're going to make a statement as fact, you have to back it up. Otherwise it's pure speculation.

34 minutes ago, SiC said:

None of what you have said backs up your point that a twin engined vehicle driving different axles is illegal and/or against C&U Regs? All you've said is read the regs...

If you're going to make a statement as fact, you have to back it up. Otherwise it's pure speculation.

I'm saying that particular vehicle isn't road legal.

22 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I'm saying that particular vehicle isn't road legal.

No you didn't. You said...

6 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

afaik it's not legal to drive a twin engine car on public roads, unless they connect to a common transmission or somesuch.

I've just read through the latest IVA manual and C&U Regs 1986 with subsequent revisions right to 2020. I see zero mention on twin engine, multiple power sources and/or which axles can or can not be powered. Also I see nothing that would even be close to a twin engine vehicle being a problem.

Feel to prove me wrong with hard evidence either with the regs or any court decisions. 

Hats off to anyone who builds a twin engined car and sees it through to the end. Most of the twin or rear engine 'conversions' seem to consist of an advert saying 'all the hard work has been done.' The 'hard work' consisting of borrowing an engine hoist and literally dropping some rusty old boat anchor into the hole.

11 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Hats off to anyone who builds a twin engined car and sees it through to the end. Most of the twin or rear engine 'conversions' seem to consist of and advert saying 'all the hard work has been done.' The 'hard work' consisting of borrowing an engine hoist and literally dropping some rusty old boat anchor into the hole.

To be fair, there was a lot of that bitd.

I can see the point re. the SVA or whatever it is these days with regards to that particular vehicle but I'm quite sure that there's a way in which you could build a car with two engines and gearboxes and drive it on UK roads legally.

ETA, what a pleasure to have a 'pub' type discussion with fellow enthusiasts without it turning into a slagging match. That's why I like this place.

These never seem to fetch much money, they seem to have all the appeal of one of those Golden Crumpet Badger Illustrious Teaspoon 125cc scooters that are rusting away in your neighbour's garden.

s-l1600.jpg

Velocette LE Mk3 1961 200cc vintage British classic | eBay

*Watch lists.

On 14/12/2020 at 09:28, Yoss said:

So approach with caution but it still seems a pretty good price. Good ones are going around the £6k mark at the moment. Pre face-lift too so it has the better interior. The seats aren't real leather but after 55 years that's not a bad thing, they're nice seats. And it has the white dials so another plus. Strange paint effect around the front arches suggests work there so study carefully (the front arches are double skinned so you can't get to the back of them). Would still consider that if I was looking for another one. Especially when things like this are going on:

Screenshot_20201214_092559_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a9a552201dc48367501a693d15c3480d.jpg

Couple more pics added of the one in  Margate, it is one colour...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/870697967048230/

131140194_753847671895247_73640800433969

131209866_753847638561917_47407485738342

1 hour ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Far as I know at one time it was often said only one engine could be running  ( but I don't think there's an actual law your breaking having both powering a vehicle simultaneously) ergo  what about the several twini mokes & minis built by BMC?

Citroen made a 2CV with 2 engines, they can be identified by the fuel filler half way along the nearside as the fuel tank was under the front seats. Just don't drop your Gauloises whilst driving!

Somebody more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly to tell us what they were called.

15 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Citroen made a 2CV with 2 engines, they can be identified by the fuel filler half way along the nearside as the fuel tank was under the front seats. Just don't drop your Gauloises whilst driving!

Somebody more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly to tell us what they were called.

The Sahara?

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

This plonker is still going, selling cheap chod, must be on about his 17th account by now.  Still as racist as ever and his feedback is a sight to behold - I'm tempted to bid on one of his cars and then not turn up, just to see if I can get him to call me a "tossar".

or a dossar :D

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

This plonker is still going, selling cheap chod, must be on about his 17th account by now.  Still as racist as ever and his feedback is a sight to behold - I'm tempted to bid on one of his cars and then not turn up, just to see if I can get him to call me a "tossar".

Jesus wept, it's impossible to imagine anyone doing business with them. Perhaps they don't they, as the Saab sold twice and both left good feedback.

8 hours ago, egg said:

Couple more pics added of the one in  Margate, it is one colour...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/870697967048230/

131140194_753847671895247_73640800433969

131209866_753847638561917_47407485738342

Looks like he's polished it. There are less external shots now but the ones that are there are shinier. Previously the front arches showed an arc of darker paint around them which is why I mentioned them. That's one less job to do I suppose. 

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

s-l1600.jpg

I don't get people like this. In order to make a point, he has alienated the swathes of people (like me) who boycott spiteful, petty xenophobes