eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

14 hours ago, juular said:

FFS when did they get to that price?! Gorgeous but 9 grand!

I know, £9k for a 240 seems crazy doesn’t it? But then again you can see a shed load of time and money’s been put into it though,  it’s certainly the cleanest GLT I’ve ever seen

3 hours ago, sickboy said:

I know, £9k for a 240 seems crazy doesn’t it? But then again you can see a shed load of time and money’s been put into it though,  it’s certainly the cleanest GLT I’ve ever seen

It's very nice (apart from the clear indicators), but I reckon it needs at least £2k taking off the asking purely because the vendor is obviously a twerp with delusions of grandeur. That War and Peace description is laughable.

i am a manic collector of Minis and Ado16s.....so it is no surprise ive been buying these for years! I try not to sell too many but sometimes i just have too many cars! LOL

On 3/26/2015 at 9:20 PM, mouseflakes said:

I see three ADO16s and two Minis in the photos. No surprise at the ebay id is - pugz77 :neutral:

18 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/397423031660926/

Austin Ambassador. 

Screenshot_20201202-180241.thumb.png.80a4025bfe7c3c98cb5093bf22f2166c.png

Think the number plate might have predicted the cars future. 

That seems to have been doing the rounds for weeks now, not sure if it's being relisted by the same seller or has spent the last few months being passed from one optimistic buyer to the next.

Look at this handsome old chuffer!

s-l1600.jpg

Just the right level of tattiness for a car of that age. I've been staring at this interior pic for ages making 'brum brum' noises in my head, imagining sliding over that Vinylide bench seat and stirring that unwieldy porridge-stick. Heater on, quarterlight open, pack of Woodbines on the dash shelf. Lovely.

s-l1600.jpg

It's the least collectible car maker, so only £1600 or so with a day to go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Standard-Ensign-1962/274592179857

This one, too

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Brrrrrmmmmm! You don't see too many of these anymore, but they seemed to significantly outlive most of their contemporaries as everyday cars. As a child in the late 80s/early 90s they were still relatively common street furniture, so I reckon you could use this every day without worry. They are one of those cars that is only nice if it has its original interior, though...

s-l1600.jpg

Boom! Magnificent stuff. Won't be as cheap as the Standard, but I bet it doesn't go for loads of money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-P4-80-Classic-car/383838959688

Am I regressing? Or just getting old? I've owned a few low-level exotics, but these days I'm increasingly drawn to manky old British porridge like this

I can see the attraction, in modern traffic probably more relevant than an exotic too!

I wistfully imagine doing the school run in something like that, or tootling about on a Sunday like a giffer, although in reality my girls wouldn't like it and I never have time on a Sunday, or any other day. 

Slightly concerned that the Ensign seller seems very proud of a 5 mile trip...

Fully agree with your sentiments, Mr Barrett. I have had a soft spot for Standards since I was a child and my uncle had one. They always felt like the poor relation. I remember drooling over a grey Ensign in a used car lot and thinking how cool it was. A friend of mine had a P4 Rover back when they were in banger territory. I remember thinking how slow it was but the mechanical droning sound it made as it pulled away from the lights was just brilliant.

Top Trumpps *no US content....

We had a black one in our joined semi & werthers brown/cream one in the next house up.

Standard Sarnie, so to speak.

Dad had a Minx (RBR 991) + *really useful starting handle 😕

ahhh, yoof of today = they won't believe ya....

;)