eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 11/22/2020 at 8:34 PM, 500tops said:

It would be excellent to see this saved. The guy had a mare trying to find a replacement drivers window hence the Perspex but it mustn't be impossible.

7 minutes ago, Shonky said:

It would be excellent to see this saved. The guy had a mare trying to find a replacement drivers window hence the Perspex but it mustn't be impossible.

I liked the bit in the description that said "Sadly it is getting used less and less mainly due to my 16 year daughter refusing to go in it unless its dark". Personally I'd keep the car and get rid of the daughter.

4 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

I liked the bit in the description that said "Sadly it is getting used less and less mainly due to my 16 year daughter refusing to go in it unless its dark". Personally I'd keep the car and get rid of the daughter.

That bit really irked me. I bought mine last year when I was 18 and I've heard nothing but good about mine, even from my friends that haven't got a clue about cars...but I suppose that's more about who you associate with. Just takes a robust sense of humor, really.

What's scary to me is that she'd rather be caught in their Picasso.

2 hours ago, Asimo said:

No it doesn't, not reasonable at all.  Way too dear, that car needs to be half that price.  It does look pretty tidy but they were never well loved and you don't even get a V8!

Yeah, that AMC was incredibly tempting when it was £3500 but now... that's a giveaway price I'd say. You can barely get a car shipped over here for £2.5k these days. That's a proper, cool old American car from one of the most interesting manufacturers, and one of the best-looking American cars of the era. An American car for the conoisseur, if such a thing can exist. It's just down the road from me, too. Lucky I have no money or I'd be all over that.

45 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

No, no, no.  Sorry, this is a common misconception. 

AKI is under 90

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

So is 87 (the lowest I've seen over there).. 91/92? Or 95?

In a lot of Asia 91/92 is 'regular' with 95 being tricky to find in places. In a lot of the CIS you can still buy 80... it's very cheap!