eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

Anything RWD and small to medium-sized really.............

Old Toyotas  and Datsuns?  Most have rotted away and the survivors seem to be up between GM  and Ford in terms of pricing.

As the owner of a small, RWD, 2-door Datsun, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, egg said:

Cheap beige Seize that needs re-commissioning.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1881452652.htm/

Get in there before January 1st! Mine's been laid up for pretty much the entire year, maybe longer. Just needs a day of fettling to get it back on the road, but... I did at least drag it outside and give it a proper wash and polish so it doesn't look so bad. Being broke is so annoying!

9 hours ago, Austat said:

A 2.8. They had a bit of a reputation for trouble with piston failure. Long past so don't be put off. Sweet engine. This is in the maroon XJ6 launch and brochure colour and has the original style interior. This is the last car Sir William Lyons had total control over the design and is well worth tucking up in a warm garage. 

It's got the early straight exhausts at the back too and the art-deco escrution around the boot lock (part missing at mo) which are all early features. It's on an H plate which makes it a very early car and its probably got an interesting history. 

In the great tradition of the British motor industry at the time demand for the new Jag vastly outstripped supply and there were huge waiting lists and strike problems.

The 2.8 capacity was to hit tax thresholds on engine capacity in Europe I think. I had one - very sweet to drive.

This doesn't look badly priced even though it doesn't run. I like how someone has fitted huge giffer dent stoppers down the side of it. 

I hear they're nightmare to getting running. Still you can always just look at it.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/porsche-928-1981-4-5-V8-classic-Porsche-restoration-project/324386660524

12 hours ago, barrett said:

I really like the look of those RG editions. Are they (206s) as horrible to drive as I assume they are (because MODERN CRAP)? Given the prices older Pug RGs fetch I'd say a nice one would be a pretty sound inv*stment if you looked after it

Yea the earlier RG's seem to make big money. This seems a very good buy if its ok on inspection. 

You now have the chance to buy a certified cockroach of the road, a last year Buick Century that will survive anyone and anything. Aparently only 1200 quid with full MOT for the last car you'd ever need to buy:

s-l1600.jpg

Not without piss poor UK mods tho:

s-l1600.jpg

However, BENCHSEAT:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233797472504?ul_noapp=true

2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

A 2.8. They had a bit of a reputation for trouble with piston failure. Long past so don't be put off. Sweet engine. This is in the maroon XJ6 launch and brochure colour and has the original style interior. This is the last car Sir William Lyons had total control over the design and is well worth tucking up in a warm garage. 

It's got the early straight exhausts at the back too and the art-deco escrution around the boot lock (part missing at mo) which are all early features. It's on an H plate which makes it a very early car and its probably got an interesting history. 

In the great tradition of the British motor industry at the time demand for the new Jag vastly outstripped supply and there were huge waiting lists and strike problems.

The 2.8 capacity was to hit tax thresholds on engine capacity in Europe I think. I had one - very sweet to drive.

Someone I know had a 2.8 with no problems for quite a while and it was fine until it had piston failure. That was only about five years ago. 

Maybe anecdotal but I don't think they're immune even now. Carbon deposits in the middle of the piston melting it, if I recall correctly? 

8 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Someone I know had a 2.8 with no problems for quite a while and it was fine until it had piston failure. That was only about five years ago. 

Maybe anecdotal but I don't think they're immune even now. Carbon deposits in the middle of the piston melting it, if I recall correctly? 

Yes thats it. It builds up when puttering about and then causes problems when you gun the car apparently. I'd expect an early car like this to have had remedial work or to have been used right. I had no problems with mine - something to be aware of. This depresses prices but the 2.8 was a lovely free revving engine (which may have been part of the problem!). It felt better than the 4.2 in that regard.

This car is very cheap. Dunno why the owner doesn't get it running for sale...unless the engine is knackered because it is a 2.8.. 😁

2 hours ago, cort16 said:

This doesn't look badly priced even though it doesn't run. I like how someone has fitted huge giffer dent stoppers down the side of it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/porsche-928-1981-4-5-V8-classic-Porsche-restoration-project/324386660524

They all have those, they should however be in body colour.