eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

7 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

You just know that whoever made that is a massive twat.

Mini Clubman Estate in a state anyone?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MINI-CLUBMAN-VAN-ESTATE-SWAP-SPARE-OR-REPAIR-MINI-COOPER/233759494112?hash=item366d26cfe0:g:9HYAAOSwlIZfmAxB

Already painted, just needs a bonnet, seats, bumpers, a rear door, sills, the engine got running and the jobs a good one. Maybe.

Cat C some time ago but what do you expect for £2500?

Mini Clubman.jpg

14 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

This deserves a picture for posterity, it's not every day you see a purple and rust Mazda Bongo hearse!

20201028_115715.thumb.jpg.aeb09b16d5a8b8fd723be1b4c3c7cd54.jpg

According to the seller it was converted in Portugal and until recently was used by a charity shop to collect donations!

13 hours ago, Garythesnail said:

All the talk of slush boxes on the last page brought this to mind - complicated beast that ZF 8 speed auto. Interesting /mind-numbingly boring  depending on your mood.

Aren't they on a 9 speed now? It's like the old Gillette-Wilkinsons wars where they kept dispassionately adding more blades.

1 hour ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Sacré bleu!  C'est une merde rouillée!

15 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4579329365472509

apart from been as water tight as the  average colander, what else can go wrong with these, cos i think they could be ok to drive.

soggy, wet and mildewed to hell inside apart, of course.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

I loved mine. One of the few cars I really regret selling. 

They're pretty fragile cars though. You have to remember the warranty claims on them pretty much broke SMART by 2008 and had to be bailed out by Daimler (Mercedes). 

17 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-streetwise-s103-spares-and-repairs/203155687605?hash=item2f4d05c8b5:g:dWQAAOSw33FfmFrx

'spares repairs due to tapping noise but goes quiet after a while'

Asking for a friend: that likely to be sticking tappets?

Yes, likely to be the TADTS start up sound of a 1.4 K series. Usually goes after a few minutes. Mine does it. I'd be suspicious if it lasted any longer than that. Proper oil change, maybe bang some Wynn's shizzle in, makes a world of difference.

Only thing to watch for on these are funny electricals, usually caused by faulty relays welded to a practically impenetrable BCU which is buried deep behind the dash - almost impossible to extract if the car has AC. I still have the mental scars from doing mine.