eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I wasted 10 minutes reading the description of this thing,  only in the last paragraph does it mention its spears or reapers and needs towing - Perhaps I’ve put it it in the wrong thread.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-omega-estate-2-6-3-2-converted/164395879014?hash=item2646c20a66:g:uYgAAOSwxVlfagBo

4B7DEDAD-E949-4467-B642-0DB75E2D9E5F.thumb.png.c847e03a1cf55063472ed69f61732caa.png

It looks nice.  Pity about the list if faults. 

I'd like the bumper. 

6 hours ago, phil_lihp said:

In a classic case of "my dad had one of those", my dad had one of those when he was between company cars in about 1999.  A later mk4, admittedly, but the same basic car.  As far as I could tell, the 1.6D was mostly designed to turn diesel fuel into smoke and noise.  It was comically agricultural and exceedingly slow, to the point where it was preferable to cram the family into my mum's Rover 111i for long holiday journeys.    

I vaguely recall it might have been a Perkins engine but no idea if that's right.

My old man had one when new in the same flavour E963 WKK, company vehicle. 

I think it took 5 of us from Kent to Yorkshire and back, must have taken a while. But my dad had a 1.3 Cortina at one point, so I guess he was used to it!

6 hours ago, spartacus said:

Good luck with that at that price, mine maybe wasn't as clean but it was good and I struggled to get £750.

I get the impression there are increasing amounts of old cars for sale that never get sold. My 'saved searches' increasingly yield stuff that has been up for months if not years. I get the impression money is ploughing into classic cars as they seem a reasonable investment where cash gets no yield elsewhere in an era of low interest rates. Plus, I think they're also an increasingly attractive ownership proposition now that everything else on the road is just an identical SUV. I'm sure there'll be a thread exploring this somewhere!

1 hour ago, 500tops said:

Well there's something I'd never heard of. Looks the front of a VW LT and the back of a Sherpa. 

7 hours ago, phil_lihp said:

In a classic case of "my dad had one of those", my dad had one of those when he was between company cars in about 1999.  A later mk4, admittedly, but the same basic car.  As far as I could tell, the 1.6D was mostly designed to turn diesel fuel into smoke and noise.  It was comically agricultural and exceedingly slow, to the point where it was preferable to cram the family into my mum's Rover 111i for long holiday journeys.    

I vaguely recall it might have been a Perkins engine but no idea if that's right.

My dad had use of a D-plater in the late '80s - he reached an agreement to borrow it off the owner who was a family friend and barely used it.  It was a Popular Plus in that mid blue colour they all seemed to come in - proper basic, slow and noisy with scratchy grey cloth seats.  I loved it...

My godfather had a Mk2 Fiesta with the same engine - also a blue D-plater.  That was actually surprisingly nippy around town.