eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Christ on a Mk1 Chopper, take a shufty at the sodding state of this thing, it's mind bendingly gopping.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Land-Rover-Defender-Manual/203133711187?hash=item2f4bb67353:g:i-EAAOSwSWdfgBYA

*Warning: Do NOT look at the interior shots.

How the actual everloving fuck do you get 250bhp out of a 2.5 TDI??!!

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

How the actual everloving fuck do you get 250bhp out of a 2.5 TDI??!!

Back in the Day, I had a few conversations with an applications engineering manager at Garrett. 

Once he said.  Yeah hybrid Turbos.  Big compressor wheel, small turbine wheel, high boost, lots of fuel.  Yeah. You can get lots of power.  Not for long.  

Which is why we generally don't bother, as most customers ( car companies)  want us to prove they can run at full boost for 1000000 miles not 10. 

I don't know why people think they know better than the experts. 

18 hours ago, djim said:

Just look at this beauty, there is a lot going on here. 

French - Check

Obscure - Check

Parts availability - nil

Unnecessarily weird and possibly dangerous coupling mechanism giving 2 vehicles for the price of one - Check

Also "Majority of bodywork as good as new" but of course "Restoration needs completion" - Hmmmmm

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-camper-van/114459327437

It's a fucking Disco Volante.

F4A4A70E-2459-4E53-9D72-5840234D888B.jpeg

59 minutes ago, juular said:

Those were sold "on the continent" for several years in the early '90s.   I wanted my dad to buy one when we were living in France but he declined on the grounds that it would be too thirsty.

2 hours ago, juular said:

I've always fancied one of these.  Watchlisted, obvs; can we all please refrain from bidding so the price stays at a level I can justify?  Once I get it into use there will be a cheap Volvo available...

3 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I've always fancied one of these.  Watchlisted, obvs; can we all please refrain from bidding so the price stays at a level I can justify?  Once I get it into use there will be a cheap Volvo available...

Eddy, I may have to have a cheeky bid but should I win you can have a drive/loan of the beast.