eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

32 minutes ago, New POD said:

Ballocks that mileage is genuine.

Exhibit 1

Screenshot_20200925-184208_eBay.thumb.jpg.c4c960fe88a5e73ab890542f0967ad29.jpg

Exhibit 2

Screenshot_20200925-184049_eBay.thumb.jpg.036cb64598b14b3cfac0d5ecd19ee5dd.jpg

I'd say easily possible, I have owned numerous extremely low mileage early 90s cars and even not using them the condition can get pretty bad like that it left outside. Park under lots of trees are your car can be 0 to Jumanji in no time.

11 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

I'd say easily possible, I have owned numerous extremely low mileage early 90s cars and even not using them the condition can get pretty bad like that it left outside. Park under lots of trees are your car can be 0 to Jumanji in no time.

Has the mileage been rubbed off the cambelt change?

4 hours ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Very (pre?) Forward Control.

Odd that it has a v6 engine - v8 I could understand as a later upgrade.

7 hours ago, Austat said:

It's the Saab in the background that does it for me.

In the early '70s where I worked a C reg (1965) two stroke Saab used to come in. I will always remember it going "biiiiiiiing, bing bing bing" as he drove it in with a blue cloud of smoke behind it.

I got talking to the driver one day and it turned out that it was an ex "Pat Moss/Eik Carlsson" car. He lived near them and did "odd jobs" for them. He said that in the day when the rally team were over and visiting them you could hear the two-stroke cars screaming round the countryside at night. He also said that when Pat Moss had their daughter the team brought over disposable nappies which weren't available in the UK at the time.

I think he later had a V4.  Nice, but not the same.

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Sellers picture 12,check a car picture, states involved in plate change, so mileage was probably 13k in 2006 then was put on a private plate which probably shows a shit ton of miles, then put back to original plate..... 

Detective LBFun could probably solve the riddle. 

The cambelt sticker looks like 40..... so unless it was changed mega early at 4000 miles he's probably fibbing

Screenshot_20200925-221948.thumb.jpg.f58a0e4d87ff4006e9299425f125be9f.jpg

2 hours ago, Ford Prefect said:

Very (pre?) Forward Control.

Odd that it has a v6 engine - v8 I could understand as a later upgrade.

I think it's very much Home built, despite the text suggesting it was a professional conversion. 

Screenshot_20200925-223351_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200925-223252_eBay.jpg

Money making idea: buy a £895 Combo van, glue some giant Tuc biscuits to the inside and advertise it for £6,500

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-Camper-Vauxhall-Combo-1-7-CDTi-New-Conversion-Mini-Camper-Urban-Camo/303704989736?hash=item46b63a6028:g:ACgAAOSwcNJfbjkN

'I can't tell you the first rule of Kajagoogoo Club - it's all a bit hush hush.'

I can't figure this advert out?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Buy it now price of £550, but you do get a roof rack and a half ass-embled trailer. 

But what about the secateurs, lighter fluid, scotch-brite pad, sachets of Dijon mustard/ketchup or the other various tat? Because that would really swing the deal for me. :-P

Apparently this chap is locally hated, so says the sticker in the front window. I can't think why?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-metro-1-1-Low-Retro-metro-with-trailer-roof-rack/274508901630?hash=item3fea016cfe:g:J1wAAOSwIQBfaLfQ