eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 9/21/2020 at 11:47 PM, Wack said:

These must be quite rare as the conversion cost a fortune

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/759890241234846/

Screenshot_20200921-234500_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d52f4062ff87142ce7f9a89922da0af2.jpg

What makes it a Razorback? It looks like a shit homemade pick-up, or am I deserved of winning the 'missing the point' prize?

Volvo 850r £2495 , probs needs some jobs doing is the only description , been stood for 2 years but owned for 5 minutes is my guess

as one guy said to me when I asked if his name was on the v5 

no

so you’re a dealer then 

nah I’m not a dealer , I just buy and sell a few cars innit 

B0A19BAA-DB1C-4A16-AE73-A96B419D0FB6.png

F6138E94-3A71-4235-880E-75B5E2CE9403.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wack said:

Volvo 850r £2495 , probs needs some jobs doing is the only description , been stood for 2 years but owned for 5 minutes is my guess

as one guy said to me when I asked if his name was on the v5 

no

so you’re a dealer then 

nah I’m not a dealer , I just buy and sell a few cars innit 

B0A19BAA-DB1C-4A16-AE73-A96B419D0FB6.png

F6138E94-3A71-4235-880E-75B5E2CE9403.jpeg

It's these sorts of dicks, who are too stupid to realise they are breaking various laws that need to be discussed in the "snitch ?" thread.  

Tax Evasion? Avoiding obligations under the sale of goods act? Avoiding his obligations to the DVLA ?  Failure to transfer ownership correctly? 

In the old days, people pretended they were "selling the car for their aunt, as their gran had died" but now they don't bother lying.  

Snitching them up to who?  I have had periods where I have had 'more than your average bloke' cars coming and going. The line between hobbyist and car dealer is a vague one. Why not just get on with your own life instead of trying to needlessly piss about with others'? No-one is obliged to buy his Volvo, if you're not getting a good feeling about him or his car, just don't buy it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-laguna-project/154098381088?hash=item23e0fab120:g:ziIAAOSwtYJfacBP

Ultra convincing BTCC Laguna replica. I especially like the attention to detail, such as the permanently folded down rear seat, a staple of 90s touring car racing. Seriously, was removing it THAT much of a hassle? 

s-l400.jpg

5 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Snitching them up to who?  I have had periods where I have had 'more than your average bloke' cars coming and going. The line between hobbyist and car dealer is a vague one. Why not just get on with your own life instead of trying to needlessly piss about with others'? No-one is obliged to buy his Volvo, if you're not getting a good feeling about him or his car, just don't buy it.

Yeah, that did come across as twatty didn't it.

I'm not about to snitch on anyone, because there's always been a small percentage of cars on sale by people who bought them to make a profit and lie about how they got hold of the car, in order to pretend that they are genuinely private sellers.  So it's always been buyer beware.  And in any case. There's always been private sellers prepared to lie through their teeth. 

In this case he's honest enough to intimate that he's really a small time dealer.   

19 minutes ago, Mr Laurence said:

UK reg’d and MOT’d, but needs the brakes bleeding. Is £2000 a fair price for this?

spacer.png

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/957234304774798

Given the price of classics at the moment, it would appear to be an absolute bargain!!

A guy up here had advertised his 1500 bare shell without floors and the engine just half put together for £1250.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Renault-Laguna-1-8-RT-5dr-a-c-sunroof-Hatchback-Petrol-Manual/124339803878?hash=item1cf33ad6e6:g:KLoAAOSwvL1fatQb

Another pre-facelift Mk1 Laguna, minus the dodgy livery. I seem to be in a bit of a 90s Renault mood at the moment. 

s-l400.jpg

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Yeah, that did come across as twatty didn't it.

I'm not about to snitch on anyone, because there's always been a small percentage of cars on sale by people who bought them to make a profit and lie about how they got hold of the car, in order to pretend that they are genuinely private sellers.  So it's always been buyer beware.  And in any case. There's always been private sellers prepared to lie through their teeth. 

In this case he's honest enough to intimate that he's really a small time dealer.   

I think you could say that about half of us on here are "small time dealers"......mind you, most of us seem to have possibly misunderstood that the object of "dealing" is to make money...........