eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Allegedly a totally original, never restored 34600km Authi ADO16 in sunny Mallorca. €4,800. Be a shame maybe to remove it from such an ideal climate, not that it's likely to be going far in the current circumstances.

339011066_1.jpg?VersionId=crs8K4_Vl8nVxD

https://www.milanuncios.com/venta-de-coches-clasicos/mg-authi-1-100-ano-1968-339011066.htm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-19-1-4-rl-Prima-65k-1-year-mot/284019784436?hash=item4220e5faf4:g:Cv8AAOSwmoNfaRSR

Something about this makes me happy. I like a nice, straight early 90s everyday car. Nothing fancy, just a survivor. 

s-l400.jpg

1 hour ago, Austat said:

Last night, I dreamt that I transferred my engine and gearbox out of my omega into a manta, and turned it into a rally lookalike. 

And now you show me that.  

2 hours ago, Asimo said:

F16.4 OR F16.5 gearbox for the win.  

I paid just 1.5 hours labour to have an F16.5C swapped on a mk2 cav Sri. 

And 35 mins to swap a clutch on a 1.8 mk3 cav. 

By law all maintenance tasks, should be certified by the European Union, and if the design is good, and maintenace can be done within 30 mins, you can get CE approval and if not, your car cant be sold in Europe. 

A cam.belt on an 8V OHC Vauxhall.engine could be done by a decent mechanic in 45 mins max, which is too long. 

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-19-1-4-rl-Prima-65k-1-year-mot/284019784436?hash=item4220e5faf4:g:Cv8AAOSwmoNfaRSR

Something about this makes me happy. I like a nice, straight early 90s everyday car. Nothing fancy, just a survivor. 

s-l400.jpg

In fact, can someone please convince me NOT to put a cheeky offer in on this? I have no space and no requirement for another car and the money would be better spent on my existing vehicles. Yet these reasons are not dissuading me... I really, really like it for some unknown reason! 

20 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

In fact, can someone please convince me NOT to put a cheeky offer in on this? I have no space and no requirement for another car and the money would be better spent on my existing vehicles. Yet these reasons are not dissuading me... I really, really like it for some unknown reason! 

Sorry I can't. I was thinking along the same lined.  Looks lovely

Remember those absolute LADZ who took their perfectly maintained motor cars through Deutschland and were apoplectic with rage when the Polizei took a differering view on standards of craftsmanship?

Tremendous standards of engineering here

merc3.thumb.jpg.95386c7d4170e0844aa801093ec4401c.jpg

Anyway, you can now BUY THIS CAR and complete the journey that our friends failed.  Think of it as a pilgrimage.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390896610925969/permalink/3927280903954171/?sale_post_id=3927280903954171

It's back on trimz now (at least) 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

£1,750 - and it looks utterly fucked.

OH - and No V5. "It never arrived".  Classic.

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

You're on the wrong forum for discouragement, we're all going to try our best to persuade you to buy that, at least then it's 'in the fold' and we get a shot when you've finished.