eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Maybe not that oddball, as I'm sure something similar was sold in Britain, badged as a Riley.

Riley elf and Wolsey hornet.  

The difference is that SA import has the extra boot, but not the Vandom plas look front end.

A bloke I worked with had a Riley Elf, with a glass fibre clubman flip front and some sort of Honda engine.  And a full roll cage.  I never took a photo. Stupid mistake. 

http://www.rileymotors.co.uk/bmcelf.html

8 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

That's Anaglypta, not woodchip; much posher. Dole pole for added levels of authentic misery.

Obvious non-Cooper S is obvious; does anyone actually fall for this shit in the age of the tinterwebs?

I’m afraid I’m not very clued up on Minis, the only things I can think might be pointers are that it only seems to have one carb and no servo, also only one tank. But these things could be options or me trying to be clever. 
What are the obvious pointers on this one?  The provenance sounds good but I suppose it could have been rebuilt and reshelled numerous times , even in the ownership of 2 or 3 people. I know of an RS2000 with only 2 owners from new that’s a ringer and has been for nigh on 40 years now.

48 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I’m afraid I’m not very clued up on Minis, the only things I can think might be pointers are that it only seems to have one carb and no servo, also only one tank. But these things could be options or me trying to be clever. 
What are the obvious pointers on this one?  The provenance sounds good but I suppose it could have been rebuilt and reshelled numerous times , even in the ownership of 2 or 3 people. I know of an RS2000 with only 2 owners from new that’s a ringer and has been for nigh on 40 years now.

Something something extra cylinder head bolt something something. 

/adenoids

3 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I could be completely RONG and just blagging it; I read once that Cooper esses all had twin tanks, so it must be true. It wasn't on the internet either so I might have just dreamed it. I have clung to this pub fact about Cooper esses for 20+ years, just like Princess Anne's Scimitars.

19 minutes ago, carlo said:

I really struggling to have any interest in that? My brain says I should love it but heart just doesn't get going at all and I just don't know why?

On 9/18/2020 at 1:39 AM, keef said:

That looks like a nice example with  the original cloth interior having been replaced with what looks like vinyl?

http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/vehicledetails.asp?CarID=21954

Yes, and all the better for it. The Six was a much better engineered car than the 18/85. Not just the fact it has a nice smooth six cylinder engine, it is fitted better, easy clutch change, where the 18/85 has to have the engine out, the radiator is at the front instead of the side (with a really stupid mounting system), they got rid of the engine mount that kept breaking and the distributor isn't exposed to the elements. 

Unfortunately all the money they spent developing the engine/drivetrain they clawed back on the interior. All of it. The carpets and headlining were all cheapened with less soundproofing too. Putting an 18/85 interior in a Six gives you the ultimate Crab. Shame they didn't swap the door trims as well but they seem a fairly good match. 

10 hours ago, New POD said:

Riley elf and Wolsey hornet.  

The difference is that SA import has the extra boot, but not the Vandom plas look front end.

A bloke I worked with had a Riley Elf, with a glass fibre clubman flip front and some sort of Honda engine.  And a full roll cage.  I never took a photo. Stupid mistake. 

http://www.rileymotors.co.uk/bmcelf.html

there are other Leykor specials, the Riley/Wolseley long tail body with a clubmans nose, and a short tail body with the Wolseleys dinky little grille.

no doubt there are others too, such as their clubman GT which had a proper cooper s engine,