eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Hah, I was looking at that LDV as I'm in the market for something that size, I don't think I have ever seen woodchip wallpaper inside a camper before.  I cannot work out for the life of me what's going on with the side door either, the original sliding door is still partially there and someone's stuffed a caravan door over the top...LDVs seem to suffer from more eccentric conversion antics than any other van type.  

14 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Must be quite a rarity now...

Sd1 2300

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/359342168573594/

Screenshot_20200918-233017_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200918-232947_Facebook.jpg

Pretty car, but “ British Ferrari” ? .

It’d be the work of a Sunday morning to transplant a V8 into this , can’t believe no one has done it yet. These days there’s not that many cheap 3.9 RRs sitting around for £2/300 , I suppose.

I once put a nice V8 out of total rotbox into a solid 2600 manual, it went so well a neighbours boyfriend pestered me to buy it . He had it for 2 days and put it onto a roundabout at 100 mph. Obviously pissed and not insured, he ran ( limped ) away, next day my Mum got a visit, because it was in her name still, she was not impressed.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:57 PM, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kawasaki-kh250/284014702596?hash=item4220987004:g:zdcAAOSwKF9fYxvo

One rare bike that (with the Dyson kit) and he has the fairing for it

I had a Dyson 400cc that now looks kind of ungainly. That had alloy wheels on it and Allspeed expansion chambers from Dyson. The body kit I remember was very heavy as it was made from thick fibreglass, none of you lightweight injection moulded plastics back then.

Nothing better that holding it wide open at 2500 rpm in top for a mile or so, then dropping down three gears for a really unholy smoke screen. Two stroke oil back then isn't like it is now either.

20181111_212147.thumb.png.0ad820ae2aabdeeed999ea4406b94922.png

2 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

I had a Dyson 400cc that now looks kind of ungainly. That had alloy wheels on it and Allspeed expansion chambers from Dyson. The body kit I remember was very heavy as it was made from thick fibreglass, none of you lightweight injection moulded plastics back then.

Nothing better that holding it wide open at 2500 rpm in top for a mile or so, then dropping down three gears for a really unholy smoke screen. Two stroke oil back then isn't like it is now either.

The fun we had doing that, then waiting for a nice shiny car or unsuspecting mate behind us, before giving it some welly. One lad always used to follow us into wherever we stopped absolutely covered in 2T oil drops.

20 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The fun we had doing that, then waiting for a nice shiny car or unsuspecting mate behind us, before giving it some welly. One lad always used to follow us into wherever we stopped absolutely covered in 2T oil drops.

Neither my RS250 or Mito did it to the same extent, just a slight haze but no significant smoke. Must be something to do with modern£25 a litre two stroke oils

3 hours ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-309-dturbo-van-barn-find/25990423

ZmEzNTMwMjYxNmFjMzg0ZDQ5MDVmYjA0MWJjY2Uw

ZTRiNDYwZTNkYzQxZmE5ZjQxZDg2OWFhOWNmMzc0

Turbo diesel 309 van available for a reasonable sum in Ireland.

Were these offered in the UK?

Don't remember seeing the van option in Britain - I thought they were an Irish thing. This one's registered in Cavan, so has clearly hasn't strayed from its home county.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Mo campers, mo problems. As Puff Daddy might have said if he lived in Crewe and had six of the fuckers in his garden.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEDFORD-RASCAL-BAMBI-SPARES-REPAIR-PROJECT-CAMPER-VAN-MOTORHOME/124344288186?hash=item1cf37f43ba:g:bfQAAOSwp6ZfZlTz

IF this is a genuine Cooper S, then it could be described as a"bargain" especially  as Mathewsons sold one so bad it was cling wrapped onto a pallet to stop it falling apart for £20k not that long ago....

i mean, this one you can actually"open" one of the doors without it coming off in your hands!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-1965-original-Austin-Mini-Cooper-S-1275-cc-restoration-project-Charterhouse/154093139329?hash=item23e0aab581:g:zOsAAOSwYJpfZMrN

11 hours ago, phil_lihp said:

Hah, I was looking at that LDV as I'm in the market for something that size, I don't think I have ever seen woodchip wallpaper inside a camper before.  I cannot work out for the life of me what's going on with the side door either, the original sliding door is still partially there and someone's stuffed a caravan door over the top...LDVs seem to suffer from more eccentric conversion antics than any other van type.  

That's Anaglypta, not woodchip; much posher. Dole pole for added levels of authentic misery.

34 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

IF this is a genuine Cooper S, then it could be described as a"bargain" especially  as Mathewsons sold one so bad it was cling wrapped onto a pallet to stop it falling apart for £20k not that long ago....

i mean, this one you can actually"open" one of the doors without it coming off in your hands!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-1965-original-Austin-Mini-Cooper-S-1275-cc-restoration-project-Charterhouse/154093139329?hash=item23e0aab581:g:zOsAAOSwYJpfZMrN

Obvious non-Cooper S is obvious; does anyone actually fall for this shit in the age of the tinterwebs?