eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

Given that this is the third XT known to be still running*......

21 hours ago, wesacosa said:

These used to operate in Hull when I was growing up, although the single door version. I remember them having some kind of body resonance which sat right at idle frequency so all the windows would rattle until the throttle was blipped 

I remember something similar, though I couldn't say what bus specifically. If I were resting my head on the window I'd have to lift my head off slightly when the bus was idling! 

15 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They were not particularly good, regardless of how few gears they had. 

They were the best of the "new generation" of double deckers that were developed in the late 70's. The Metrobus  (that's a Mk I) was developed from the Metropolitan, a joint venture between Scania and MCW that had a two speed torque converter box. It went like stink, but used fuel at an alarming rate. The Metrobus usually had a Gardner engine but coupled to the Voith box so was far more frugal and the Mk II was even better.

After the tsunami that hit Sri Lanka, Metrobuses were selected as the most reliable option to send there to help the country recover. What killed them in Sri Lanka was the low profile tyres, which cost a small fortune out there.

12 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

I remember something similar, though I couldn't say what bus specifically. If I were resting my head on the window I'd have to lift my head off slightly when the bus was idling! 

When you say head, do you mean tongue? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

12 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

This fucking thing is advertised everywhere, I know because I see the ad and get all excited at an affordable Sierra, then realise it’s cackhanded and no engine. You’d think I’d learn, but pretty sure I’ll forget and click on it again and again. Stupidity or greed?

@TheDoctor why not go for the full set? Not running, but has alloys that'll go on the Tourer of Doom. Yeovil and badermatic though. £80 so far, no reserve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-416-SLI-Auto/233697497505?hash=item366974d1a1:g:bvoAAOSwEt1fOaAk

s-l1600.jpg

Useful fact, Princess Anne etc.... Broken Scimitar, £103 no reserve, Llantwit Major, which is Welshland Look at the rust underneath, scary!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Scimitar-SE6-3l-Manual-with-Overdrive-Non-runner/254704800973?hash=item3b4d96d4cd:g:b1AAAOSwh-lfTAIh

s-l1600.jpg

13 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1247858

50297362163_3b0177984c_z.jpg

50298039696_e3ac5efcfc_z.jpg

50298039641_0aa2ca6a9e_z.jpg

Have we had this? Tidy looking V6 Mk1 Mondeo, MOT'd til February 2021.

Seems very reasonably priced at £1295 to my mind.

I’ve always like V6 Mondeo. ( and Sierras and Cortinas before them) pity this is an auto as the manuals are pretty quick and in my opinion the MK1 Mondeo was up their with the 405 as the best handling FWD saloons available in the early 90’s.

i remember Perfromance Car testing one, real basic on trims etc, like this one. They were so impressed John Barker got Ford to take back his V6 Probe Long Termer and kept the Mondeo for 6 months.

5 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Useful fact, Princess Anne etc.... Broken Scimitar, £103 no reserve, Llantwit Major, which is Welshland Look at the rust underneath, scary!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Scimitar-SE6-3l-Manual-with-Overdrive-Non-runner/254704800973?hash=item3b4d96d4cd:g:b1AAAOSwh-lfTAIh

s-l1600.jpg

It is sad to see this for sale, it has been a local landmark for quite a long time,  the house next door was recently for sale and the estate agent photoshopped this off the drive! For me it would of been a great reason to buy the house next door. I love seeing old cars on drives. I would love to buy and restore this but have too many cars I love more that need restoring.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, cort1977 said:

I have been very happy with the one I bought from @Lacquer Peel . Just plods along, is comfortable and plenty of space. Even the infamous front suspension pinch bolt is not so bad as long as you have a blow torch...

20190807_184338.jpg

@cort1977 Great to see my Grandad's old Passat is still going strong! Alloys suit it too. ?

6 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Gracias for the opportunity to post this m9 ??