eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Poverty spec 134bhp petrol ecotec 4 speed auto. 

No rear head rests. 

No diagonal seat belt in the middle centre seat.  

15 inch steel wheels. 

I bet the performance is glacial.  

Loverly.  Not for £3k though. The thing is even if it were 300 quid I wouldn't want it. 

If I was spending that I'd want a pre 90 euro version

2 hours ago, Austat said:

Who want's a cheap Metrobus? Anyone?:

1680323388_MCWMetrobus-BYX232V(1).thumb.jpg.472e1f9cc861821d3ad663e58104f5ff.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/626018121435530/

I seem to recall these weren't very good at climbing hills. They were on the 240 route via Mill Hill East, and it would take them forever to toil up the gradient past Inglis Barracks. 

8 hours ago, Asimo said:

Why? Two weeks at home will kick-start your new project nicely.

It's probably taken the vendor two weeks to decipher Hairnetty. We speak English and we can't understand him ?

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Didn't they only have two gears or something?

They only came with Voith gearboxes (all 3 speed I think) which had an unusual layout with the angle drive between engine and transmission, something carried over to its successor the DAF DB250. Interestingly though a number of old US buses did have only a two speed transmission - torque converter and lockup. Travel West Midlands kept its Metrobi in service for an incredible 30 years - when I lived there in 2010 they were just phasing out their last suffix-reg vehicles.

Wasn't a huge fan of the 'plastic maggot' when they were new, but this is actually offensive to the eyes. Why do people ruin bikes with this kind of shit?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-cx500-1979-chopper-bobber/233699063539?hash=item36698cb6f3:g:Y70AAOSwztRerZ3~

Looks absolutely  hideous and ridiculous in equal measures. 

These were a bit 'mingebag' in their day, to be honest. To anyone with street cred they were pretty much avoided, but they are a decent little plodder. Also, due to the insane prices of 'Fizzys' these are rapidly rising in money as they can be made to look like the FS1 with little effort.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-Yamaha-YB100-Classic-2-stroke-perfect-runner/303671796682?hash=item46b43fe3ca:g:9U8AAOSwsklfTmDk

*Watch listed.

23 hours ago, hairnet said:

getting there is not too serious :) its the quarantine that i wish to avoid :)

the chap wont reply to emails

sadly the one chap who has replied to emails his car sold

But you have to do quarantine if you purchased the car.

There is nothing like look a car in the face. You could find it turns out more of a bargain or there are some issues.

Writing emails is a waste of everyone's time, if you cannot get here to view the car.

Having lived in Spain for nigh-on 20 years  I can assure you that the Spanish don't always respond to emails. Phone is the way to get their attention immediately. Even then they can be vague in answering questions. An ITV is like an MOT there is no guarantee to the exact condition of the car.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

These were a bit 'mingebag' in their day, to be honest. To anyone with street cred they were pretty much avoided, but they are a decent little plodder. Also, due to the insane prices of 'Fizzys' these are rapidly rising in money as they can be made to look like the FS1 with little effort.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-Yamaha-YB100-Classic-2-stroke-perfect-runner/303671796682?hash=item46b43fe3ca:g:9U8AAOSwsklfTmDk

*Watch listed.

so much so my old man bought two, new...  DTT 400Y and F471 VRL

Awesome, nippy commuters

If you don't enlarge the photographs in the advert, this bike looks like it was parked right under the end of an effluent pipe running into the sea at Eastbourne.

s-l1600.jpg

Also, if you do enlarge the photographs in the advert, this bike looks like it was parked right under the end of an effluent pipe running into the sea at Eastbourne.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-Vulcan-VN1600-Classic-Custom-Airbrush-Art-FULL-CUSTOM-GHOST-RIDER/324278903281?hash=item4b808761f1:g:9-0AAOSwGLpfTNJH

Do the Washington Foreskins really have a logo of a woman who's arms resemble a comedy string of sausages and who has a dildo hanging off her belt and a theatre curtain over her minge?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Dodge-Ram-1500/293714334155?hash=item4462bd11cb:g:I~IAAOSw9nZfTK6E

'Unique airbrushed artwork on hood.'

To be honest, I'd rather airbrush my knob hood with Holt's Ford Focus 'Doom Blue'.

Not too sure how bad arse the tag teams are in Cambridge, but if your 'logo' is a swan that's swallowed a dildo, you might want a little re-think.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luton-Dropwell-Van-LDV-Convoy-XLWB-2-5-3500KGs-NO-MOT/193645392256?hash=item2d162a3180:g:FrYAAOSwZu9fTqek

3 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

Given that this is the third XT known to be still running*......

21 hours ago, wesacosa said:

These used to operate in Hull when I was growing up, although the single door version. I remember them having some kind of body resonance which sat right at idle frequency so all the windows would rattle until the throttle was blipped 

I remember something similar, though I couldn't say what bus specifically. If I were resting my head on the window I'd have to lift my head off slightly when the bus was idling! 

15 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They were not particularly good, regardless of how few gears they had. 

They were the best of the "new generation" of double deckers that were developed in the late 70's. The Metrobus  (that's a Mk I) was developed from the Metropolitan, a joint venture between Scania and MCW that had a two speed torque converter box. It went like stink, but used fuel at an alarming rate. The Metrobus usually had a Gardner engine but coupled to the Voith box so was far more frugal and the Mk II was even better.

After the tsunami that hit Sri Lanka, Metrobuses were selected as the most reliable option to send there to help the country recover. What killed them in Sri Lanka was the low profile tyres, which cost a small fortune out there.

12 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

I remember something similar, though I couldn't say what bus specifically. If I were resting my head on the window I'd have to lift my head off slightly when the bus was idling! 

When you say head, do you mean tongue? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

12 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

This fucking thing is advertised everywhere, I know because I see the ad and get all excited at an affordable Sierra, then realise it’s cackhanded and no engine. You’d think I’d learn, but pretty sure I’ll forget and click on it again and again. Stupidity or greed?

@TheDoctor why not go for the full set? Not running, but has alloys that'll go on the Tourer of Doom. Yeovil and badermatic though. £80 so far, no reserve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-416-SLI-Auto/233697497505?hash=item366974d1a1:g:bvoAAOSwEt1fOaAk

s-l1600.jpg