eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Wack said:

No idea whether £3600 is a bargain or extortion , I know it's £3600 more than I'd pay for it though 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/332172597970342/

Screenshot_20200828-182408_Facebook.jpg

I have quoted this over to my thread to keep the anti-invacar crowd happy! LOL for those curious on my comments about it feel free to check my thread :) 

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iveco-Turbo-Daily-Race-Camper-Band-van-Project-63754-miles-102603-kilometres/203091377491?hash=item2f49307d53:g:YR0AAOSwW15fSWEn

'To sum up , if you are a competent bodywork fabricator and welder and/or electrician then this will could be a great project vehicle for you'

If that isn't a line in the sales brochures for all new Iv*cos, then it fucking well should be.

'Monday:  Started engine'

s-l1600.jpg

'Tuesday:  Found a dead dog on the road, got out (whilst going along) and made it into a couch cover. Put van into first, climbed into back for a sleep'

s-l1600.jpg

'Wednesday:  We set off again'

s-l1600.jpg

(6 months later) 'Thursday:  After non-stop travelling, reached the end of the car park. The big adventure starts here!'

s-l1600.jpg

Friday: 'Exactly 6 months and three days after we set off, the missus has had enough and walked  the 200 yards home.  Fuck a duck'

s-l1600.jpg

'Saturday: Felt a bit despondent to be honest, not sure I thought this epic adventure through properly. It's lonely, cold and miserable and I can see our house from here. I bet that bitch is having a nice warm bath or something.  I'd turn the gas on but the bottle has rotted out since leaving'

s-l1600.jpg

(6 more months later) 'Hello again, diary.  Susan has left me for Kenneth, apparently his company car is faster than mine. Never liked that milk man anyhow, and he's welcome to the daft bint.   Anyhow, feeling a bit better now, and after nigh on 180 straight days of driving flat out, I've reached the edge of the car park. '

s-l1600.jpg

(November 3rd, two years later) 'Bit parky the night, set fire to my wedding pictures and my 'Michael Buble' CDs' They're just a distraction, and tomorrow is the epic leg of the whole trip. '

Enchanting-1992-Mercedes-Luton-Converted-Camper-Van-A-Tiny-Home-on-Wheels

November 15th: 3 weeks in the planning, 3 years in the making. Can I get to the next village? Read on again tomorrow to find out'

asmercholiday.thumb.jpg.9b155be59f14c3663063fb1137633c70.jpg

''December 33rd, nine years later:  Bollocks'

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enchanting-1992-Mercedes-Luton-Converted-Camper-Van-A-Tiny-Home-on-Wheels/254702811939?hash=item3b4d787b23:g:P8EAAOSwTjpfSWOx

Get a load of this 'conversion'. Basically, it appears to consist of a duvet thrown into the back, some old undies stuck to the windows and a Euro pallet nailed to the roof with a £6.99 fishing bivvi.  I guarantee you the only thing that will ever 'pop up' if you take your missus away in this is the tent on the roof.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Pathfinder-camper-conversion/274475598047?hash=item3fe80540df:g:5u4AAOSwHBJfSVa1

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

Gsi (slab) wheels. Like the wheel designer was desperate to make an alloy wheel look like a plastic wheel trim. He or she succeeded. 

2 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Having only been here two years that was my understanding of its meaning.. But unfortunately I'm old enough to remember Avengers in that sort of state being anywhere between "just take the fucker away" and £200 tops,and it isn't very long ago. Sigh.. Getting older sucks balls.. 

Still a few Avengers in such condition that are surprisingly still on the road:

1971 Hillman Avenger➟|_|====|_|