eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

52 minutes ago, New POD said:

Were I to win the lottery (which I don't do) I would buy this however I would invest in a spare fuel pump and reinstate the Traction control. 

I quote: The new engine is the 4.6 litre V8 pre-fitted from the factory with a Roush Supercharger, larger throttle body etc.
The Traction Control has been permanently disabled (a recommended mod for any supercharged 260 to avoid killing the fuel pump)...

I'm no engineer, but how the fuck are they related?

12 hours ago, cort16 said:

B96AC833-5FAC-4F71-BC78-2E2382901948.png.07708a9389e933d144458b0b94c83f35.png

Last night I prevaricated over whether to bid a Grand for this, bearing in mind that’s more than the last half a dozen SD1’s I’ve bought , combined.

Woke up this morning to “ You’ve been outbid” notifications, it’s £1900 now with 4 days to go, the Worlds gone mad, I tell you.

44 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Perhaps the traction control is a bit too eager, thus cutting the power rather suddenly and regularly.

This, I suppose, could affect the fuel pump as the engine suddenly goes from wanting lots of fuel to wanting no fuel on a regular basis. Especially with more power than standard causing this to happen more often. I'm no engineer either, though.

1 hour ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

B96AC833-5FAC-4F71-BC78-2E2382901948.png.07708a9389e933d144458b0b94c83f35.png

Last night I prevaricated over whether to bid a Grand for this, bearing in mind that’s more than the last half a dozen SD1’s I’ve bought , combined.

Woke up this morning to “ You’ve been outbid” notifications, it’s £1900 now with 4 days to go, the Worlds gone mad, I tell you.

There was 2600 for sale in Glasgow recently I was following. It wasn't as nice as that 2300 and it went for 3 grand.

The straight sixes are fine but combined with the auto they're not the greatest.

3 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

No idea.  I assume, that they think that the Traction control, would not only apply brakes to the spinning wheel, but also cut fuel to the Engine.  Which isn't how these things work.

In most cars, the fuel pump, pumps at a constant pressure and flow rate, and if the injectors don't need all that fuel, (ie 99.99999% of the time), it returns via the fuel return line. 

If you wanted to control the Engine, as part of the Traction control, you'd just reduce the duration the injectors are open and not provide a spark.

Conclusion? It's ballocks.  Which would be fine if you were buying a £150 rover 75 With head gasket failure, but absolutely would raise alarm bells if spending £15000 on something that is a one off, with an owner that talks out of his arse. 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

No idea.  I assume, that they think that the Traction control, would not only apply brakes to the spinning wheel, but also cut fuel to the Engine.  Which isn't how these things work.

In most cars, the fuel pump, pumps at a constant pressure and flow rate, and if the injectors don't need all that fuel, (ie 99.99999% of the time), it returns via the fuel return line. 

If you wanted to control the Engine, as part of the Traction control, you'd just reduce the duration the injectors are open and not provide a spark.

Conclusion? It's ballocks.  Which would be fine if you were buying a £150 rover 75 With head gasket failure, but absolutely would raise alarm bells if spending £15000 on something that is a one off, with an owner that talks out of his arse. 

If you provide fuel but cut the spark then fuel accumulates in the cylinder and gives  det/pre-ignition when the spark fires back-up. If you cut the fuel then there's nothing to ignite. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

If you provide fuel but cut the spark then fuel accumulates in the cylinder and gives  det/pre-ignition when the spark fires back-up. If you cut the fuel then there's nothing to ignite. 

If you don't open the injectors the fuel just continues back down the return line to the fuel tank.  

5 hours ago, New POD said:

If you wanted to control the Engine, as part of the Traction control, you'd just reduce the duration the injectors are open and not provide a spark

I was referring to this, which is the opposite of how I understand these things work, which is itself based on the fuel-cut defenders people use to fit to modified Japanese cars back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Rovorsche said:

Daihatsu Extol with MOT until October, runs and drives.
Never heard of an Extol, on £186 at the moment in Weybridge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-Extol-Van-04-plate-spares-or-repair/392917029595

s-l1600.jpg

sump gasket needs replacing 

- heat exchanger needs flushing 
- believe it needs a new heater electric switch 
- radiator needs replacing 

Phone number has been scribbled out but you can still read it backwards on the rear window!

You can also read it through the scribbled out text. James Bond clearly started letting go in his retirement job.

1 hour ago, Rovorsche said:

Daihatsu Extol with MOT until October, runs and drives.
Never heard of an Extol, on £186 at the moment in Weybridge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-Extol-Van-04-plate-spares-or-repair/392917029595

s-l1600.jpg

sump gasket needs replacing 

- heat exchanger needs flushing 
- believe it needs a new heater electric switch 
- radiator needs replacing 

Phone number has been scribbled out but you can still read it backwards on the rear window!

From Weybridge to weighbridge.