eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

If you have a current V5 then the on-line service is still great, but if you don't have a log book and then have to apply (by post) for one, it's taking absolutely forever. Got to be 3 months minimum since I applied for one, rumours are of people saying 4 months or more for theirs and still no sign of it.

I've had two done by post in the past couple of months.  First one exactly 3 weeks, second one a couple of days longer.  Pretty much what I would have expected in pre-Covid days really!

11 minutes ago, cort16 said:

s-l1600.jpg

I never knew about the double rear window until today. Solving a problem no-one really ever had.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-K-Citroen-XM-K47BAN-2-1-SD-TURBO-150k-12-Months-MOT-Diesel/293698819022?hash=item4461d053ce:g:3TYAAOSwm0BfPqmp

Thanks for that, I’m now the highest bidder and don’t really like XMs. I knew that dodgy Super-U cider was stronger than I thought.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, somewhatfoolish said:

I doubt it's ever been much cheaper than this to buy a running sleeve valve motor, although it seems pretty noisy so perhaps there's disaster afoot. Wood though, even with the utterly horrid retrim.

1933 Daimler V20/25 limo

img_6156.jpg

img_6166.jpg

Smokey and gruesomely weddingised alas. With black paint and dark red leather possibly originally. That smoke...'they all do that sir...'...really?

34 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Smokey and gruesomely weddingised alas. With black paint and dark red leather possibly originally. That smoke...'they all do that sir...'...really?

Sleeve valves smoke like a 80-a-day nicotine fiend even in good health, so that wouldn't worry me nearly as much as that horrible trim.

I went looking for a Kewet Buddy because of the 'Cars you didn't know...' thread, but found nowt; I did find these which are almost as shite. Behold the Think!. Electro-shite for the discerning motorist.

Knackered flavour for 592 yoyos

843_674542297.jpg

Less knackered flavour, 2500 yoyos

626_1487000707.jpg

7 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Thanks for that, I’m now the highest bidder and don’t really like XMs. I knew that dodgy Super-U cider was stronger than I thought.

I locked myself out of the house a few weeks ago,  went out with the wrong keys , everybody else went out before I got back.

The garden gate is on a combination lock so I got in the garden , 2 hours to kill , 4 bottles of cloudy cider from the fridge in the offy , sunny afternoon .

By the time they got back i'd drunk all 4 , only I was proper pissed , could barely walk , staggered upstairs and spent the afternoon in bed , proper hangover too after.

When I looked at the bottles ,7.3% , mrs wack still had her grumpy face on, afternoon plans scuppered 

10 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I went looking for a Kewet Buddy because of the 'Cars you didn't know...' thread, but found nowt; I did find these which are almost as shite. Behold the Think!. Electro-shite for the discerning motorist.

Knackered flavour for 592 yoyos

843_674542297.jpg

Less knackered flavour, 2500 yoyos

626_1487000707.jpg

We had a fleet of those at work for driving around the site. Good fun for about 10 mins but wouldn't fancy driving one on the road and brakes were shocking

For those who don't know they were a Norwegian company called Pivco ( last seen on a channel 4 series called better by design where two designers took a different product each week and tried to improve it, including the bog seat and bra). Ford then bought it in the mid 2000s and gave it a facelift and called it Think!