eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bmw-bbq/283970522359?hash=item421df64cf7:g:B8AAAOSwBOpfLATj

'... and car charger as well which is not included in the sale' 

Pfft, I'm sure the  price of the 'car' reflects this.

£900. Reserve not met.

Thou Wot M8' | Classical Art Meme on ME.ME

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-P-reg-VW-Polo-1-4-SE-3-Door/164324451653?hash=item2642802545:g:ZeUAAOSwl7JfK~gM

The roof looks like how I'd imagine Jordan's minge does. Pink, scabby and with someone hanging out of it.

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

To export a car from Italy search for Escursionisti Ester These are temporary export plates. They no doubt come with a load of headache paper work.

I think these are something else.  You need a targa provvisoria. 

I have done some research.

From 1/1/2020 the rules changed.

Any italian car must have an mot (revisione) less than 6 months old. No mot or mot older than 6 months no documents for export will be issued. I believe this is to stop lots of fraudulent exports to africa etc.

The old owner applies to export the car, documents are issued stating car is to be permanently exported and both registration plates are handed back. This part costs about €80.

The car could now be loaded on trailer snd taken away, previous owner is happy as he is no longer liable for ownership taxes.

But you Johny Foreigner want to drive it home. As usual here in italy precise info is lacking.  Somebody must request temporary reg plates ( targa provvisoria) to be able to get insurance and use car for one purpose only, drive out of the country !

So far i can not understand if a foreigner can ask for these temporary plates.

Buying through a dealer would be easier as the dealer could apply for the temp plates.

Before the rule change ( pre 2020)is was easier as you could request export after car was taken abroad, i.e. car already driven to uk on italian original plates if old owner was ok about it and trusted you to send plates back. NOT ANYMORE.

I will try to find out more info , or set up a autoshite panda export agency myself.

2 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

I "almost" bought a military thing in Sweden with the plan to drive it back on Swedish export plates.

There are companies that will insure a vehicle on a chassis number, Footman James springs to mind.

My plan was to drive it to Denmark and get a ferry to Harwich, just to avoid the Ffrench.

Three more children changed my plans a bit.

You had three more children in the time it took to plan a collection mission to Sweden?  Impressive!  :grinning-smiley-043:

Just to keep this self-perpetuating but pointless thread going a little longer... although you can insure a car on its chassis number, it doesn't actually technically cover you for driving said car back through Europe. You need a car to be insured before it can be registered, but beyond that the cover is basically meaningless. I found this out after bringing back about a dozen cars from Europe on the basis they were insured, after mentioning to the insurer what the cover was for... needless to say I just carried on as normal. Like most dodgy driving, as long as you don't crash you'll probably be fine.

If anyone is serious about buying a car from Italy I can put you in touch with somebody who can sort it out, but I don't think driving it away is possible.

5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

Reminds me of the series I loved in my yoof called 'Driving Ambition'  where two bored housewives suped up a Mini to go racing........

In fact its here....

21 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

I think these are something else.  You need a targa provvisoria. 

I have done some research.

From 1/1/2020 the rules changed.

Any italian car must have an mot (revisione) less than 6 months old. No mot or mot older than 6 months no documents for export will be issued. I believe this is to stop lots of fraudulent exports to africa etc.

The old owner applies to export the car, documents are issued stating car is to be permanently exported and both registration plates are handed back. This part costs about €80.

The car could now be loaded on trailer snd taken away, previous owner is happy as he is no longer liable for ownership taxes.

But you Johny Foreigner want to drive it home. As usual here in italy precise info is lacking.  Somebody must request temporary reg plates ( targa provvisoria) to be able to get insurance and use car for one purpose only, drive out of the country !

So far i can not understand if a foreigner can ask for these temporary plates.

Buying through a dealer would be easier as the dealer could apply for the temp plates.

Before the rule change ( pre 2020)is was easier as you could request export after car was taken abroad, i.e. car already driven to uk on italian original plates if old owner was ok about it and trusted you to send plates back. NOT ANYMORE.

I will try to find out more info , or set up a autoshite panda export agency myself.

19 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/buying-leasing-car-abroad/italy/index_en.htm

"Should I apply for temporary plates to drive the car home?

With Italian transit plates and an export clearance document (foglio di via per esportazione) showing the route you will take, you can cross borders and travel to your home country.

Competent authority: Direzione Generale per la Motorizzazione, via Caraci 36, I-00157 Roma (RM), Tel: +39 06 4158 6236-6296-6297, Fax: +39 06 4158.6203, e-mail: dgmot.segr@mit.gov.it

The transit plates must be requested at the Department of Motor Vehicles (Ufficio Motorizzazione Civile) according to article 99 of the highway code (Codice della Strada).

Documents to be presented:

• new cars: completed application form, payment receipts, declaration of conformity, authorisation for export, copy of the dealership legal representative's identity card, request for temporary plates, copy of passport or identity card of the owner
  • used cars: completed application form, payment receipts, certificate of ownership, authorisation for export, request for temporary plates, copy of the owner's passport or identity card, copy of the registration certificate.."

And Breathe, sounds like a lot of arse ache.
You could be able to blag it with a set of dodgy plates off ebay but you might well end up on the TV box in  "banged up abroad".

I "almost" bought a military thing in Sweden with the plan to drive it back on Swedish export plates.
There are companies that will insure a vehicle on a chassis number, Footman James springs to mind.

My plan was to drive it to Denmark and get a ferry to Harwich, just to avoid the Ffrench.

Three more children changed my plans a bit.

I just watched this German guy drive an old Alfa from Southern Italy back to his home for importation. In Feb 2020. No EE plates. Unfortunately he does not give any clues on the paperwork.

16 hours ago, Volksy said:

Reminds me of the series I loved in my yoof called 'Driving Ambition'  where two bored housewives suped up a Mini to go racing........

In fact its here....

Blimey the acting is on par with The Winning Streak

https://youtu.be/VBVvuxUipo4

Cant embed this

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

That's absolutely fantastic.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006250500284?advertising-location=at_cars&homeDeliveryAdverts=include&price-to=500&postcode=TQ13AT&sort=price-asc&page=3&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

290 quid Oct MoT.

If it wasn't for the fact Mrs BMH would instantly divorce me I might* be tempted to buy something from this lot, even if they are in the "lockdown" area.

64a09e8390f0407cb84e919459438508.jpg.468475e0123b902f8bdbb018292296dc.jpg

19 hours ago, Volksy said:

In fact its here....

I though exactly the same, but couldn't remember what it was called, also i thought i was the only one who had ever watched it, and sometimes wondered if i had made it up.