eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

14 hours ago, cort16 said:

Yep, seen it, despite the ad’s incorrect location on RR.

Very nice car, lovely colour combo and low miles. The price, however, is more than I am prepared to pay and the seller is in Lancashire, the other side of the country from me. If he puts a new MoT on it and drops the price to sub £2.5k, I’ll probably give him a call.

4 minutes ago, Peter C said:

Yep, seen it, despite the ad’s incorrect location on RR.

Very nice car, lovely colour combo and low miles. The price, however, is more than I am prepared to pay and the seller is in Lancashire, the other side of the country from me. If he puts a new MoT on it and drops the price to sub £2.5k, I’ll probably give him a call.

Its quite hard to find one with < 100k which I guess is why its more money

8 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Its quite hard to find one with < 100k which I guess is why its more money

Fair point but I’m not so bothered about mileage. I bought a low miles (57k) FSH W219 CLS a couple of years ago and had one problem after another.

12 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

What does 'laying some serious pipe' into someone mean? I can imagine it in a '90's lad mag' context e.g. "I'd lay some serious pipe into that Philippa Forester/Gail Porter etc" but I suspect that's not the case here.

I thought it was synonymous with dropping the kids off at the pool, or stocking the lake with brown trout?

£195 no reserve so far, looks GR9....but has those immortal words in the listing:

It only has a few weeks of MOT left but I can’t see why it wouldn’t pass its next MOT

Hmmm.... not only but also:

he logbook states “this vehicle has been salvaged because the estimated cost of commercial repair was more than the value of the vehicle”.
 This was with a previous owner but I don’t  know what work it was referring to

So it's a catagory N or S or summert... not that it matters at this price point I suppose....MoT history looks good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-XANTIA-SXAUTO/264788478079?hash=item3da69f887f:g:bvsAAOSwFnVfA3SD

s-l1600.jpg

6 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

Am I broken? Why does that appeal to me? I reckon a decent weekend detwatting it and then fix things as you go.... 

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Am I broken? Why does that appeal to me? I reckon a decent weekend detwatting it and then fix things as you go....

Probably......

Where would you start though?

And may I remind you (unhelpfully) that Megamoose has a towbar.... ?

Yo Mr @wuvvum if I was a massive sadist I'd point out that this is in your neck of the woods and looks cheap*. But I'm not, so I won't.

£1000 start, no reserve, some stuff about keys and codes. Probably easy/cheap* fix. Or not. Norwich. #elephanttestes #fuckthat #moretroublethanitsworth. But you know what bothers me most? Black centre caps. Yes I'm weird.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S55-AMG-Supercharged-Limousine-S-Class-Barn-Find-Spares-or-Repairs-not-C63-S63/402322835807?hash=item5dac4f495f:g:W1YAAOSwwpZfCfGD

s-l1600.jpg

19 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

Here's one i used to operate back in the late 1990s--

wrek.jpg

2 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Yo Mr @wuvvum if I was a massive sadist I'd point out that this is in your neck of the woods and looks cheap*. But I'm not, so I won't.

£1000 start, no reserve, some stuff about keys and codes. Probably easy/cheap* fix. Or not. Norwich. #elephanttestes #fuckthat #moretroublethanitsworth. But you know what bothers me most? Black centre caps. Yes I'm weird.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S55-AMG-Supercharged-Limousine-S-Class-Barn-Find-Spares-or-Repairs-not-C63-S63/402322835807?hash=item5dac4f495f:g:W1YAAOSwwpZfCfGD

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think I've seen a single W220 without cloudy headlights. How bad WAS plastics technology in 2001?

13 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

Why? Nice to drive sure but I imagine pants on fuel and bad spares provision. Were they grey imports? Awesome photo btw.

I used to do all the car movements for Autocrafts with my 3 car transporter and this was a second vehicle for accident recovery,fuel  cost was built into the job and mechanical spares were ok-ish,it was sold before it became a problem.