eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, djb222 said:

That does look a bit fucked. I still want it though.

The gearbox is worth £300 or so I reckon.

1 hour ago, djoptix said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4318679598150100/

I've got to admit I sort of admire this...

201346150_ScreenShot2020-07-09at15_34_27.thumb.png.ad55af5afd5c0a23fd53ba56ed192269.png

I spotted that one a while ago and also quite like it. It looks bloody awful, but for £1k it's complete...ish, bloody huge and is silly cheap. I even tentatively showed my OH, but she scowled and muttered something about tarmac and dogs. I responded that gentlemen of that persuasion wouldn't be seen dead in such a heap, but that we could have it for bargain* camping. She really wasn't impressed. 

I wonder how it's actually supposed to look, and how they've achieved the 'extension'? 

4 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the fire service, ambulance, police, local councils etc got the full value from the sales of old vehicles... 

Most stuff is leased these days; however  in a former life working for a local authority I was involved in demolition of surplus buildings so that the sites could be sold.

One site was a former depot which I was checking out, mainly to get costs for testing and disposal of all the unmarked drums of oil/chemicals left behind. The site wasn't particularly secure (that was something else I was sorting). I was therefore surprised when I went in one of the garages to find a Mercedes stretch limousine covered in dust. I knew the car as it was the old mayoral car. My boss got it retrieved pretty sharpish. It had been advertised for sale by tender when it had been replaced by a new one, nobody had bid so it had been shoved in the garage and forgotten about. It did then get sold, no idea what they got for it and I didn't bid as I had nowhere to put it.

5 hours ago, Hertz said:

"Fast becoming a sought after classic".

Really? I love old Renaults but not ever going to have a big audience. Hardly any on the road in France or at shows. One of those cars that went without many noticing.

"Virtually on 100,000 mile now (low for year)" 

Heard of mansplaining? That's ebaysplaining.

Joking aside nice little car tho

Apparently a close up of any part can be sent - I think that refers to the car only.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, Austat said:

Modeljaar: 2020 --------Model year 2020. ?

53 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Those were the days, when mayors had proper cars rather than bloody Priuses.

Cardiff City Council still has its Phantom V tucked away in the basement garage at County Hall, it's only been out for its MOT for the last few years, in recent times there have been calls to sell it, or at least put it on display. I think it still carries its KG1 numberplate.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, Hertz said:

I'd never heard of the Land Master before. There's good reason for that, they're bloody rare! Single figures!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Master

The Wiki article even has a video of the prototype.

6 hours ago, lesapandre said:

"Fast becoming a sought after classic".

Really? I love old Renaults but not ever going to have a big audience. Hardly any on the road in France or at shows. One of those cars that went without many noticing.

"Virtually on 100,000 mile now (low for year)" 

Heard of mansplaining? That's ebaysplaining.

Joking aside nice little car tho

Apparently a close up of any part can be sent - I think that refers to the car only.

Just wish it was a GTX like the ad says. Mega rare those low spec 1721cc ones were when current. 

11 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Hmm well the council I work for all the vehicles are bought outright, and some of the new fully gadgetted bin wagons are very expensive.

They dispose of them in bulk at auction, saves on paperwork I suppose.

The Lord Mayor here has a 7-series.

Incidentally, Euro 6 compliance means that they'll be flogging off the current minibus fleet within a year or two, about a hundred or so Merc/VW ones. I'll see if I can find out more, as they'll no doubt go for a song at the block.

18 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I wonder how much they paid the Fire service for it. 

Wouldn't it be nice if the fire service, ambulance, police, local councils etc got the full value from the sales of old vehicles... 

HMRC accounting rules, on depreciation of commercial vehicles is straight line 1/6 value every year for 6 years, so that at year 7 it has zero value on the books. 

So yes, it would be great if they were sold off more carefully, with a view tonobtaining max value. 

29 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133430527571

20200710_083545.jpg.004852556f322034e7acf887cd50c540.jpg

Luckily the ad comes complete with Native American guide - Chief Heap Big Trouble....

I notice a box marked "IPA Selection". Presumably the current owner drank the entire contents when the enormity of restoration hit him?

On 7/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Mr Laurence said:

Not being a facebook user I'd never have seen this.  But thanks to @Mr LaurenceI've just put a deposit on it.  I've used man maths/logic to justify, which I might explain on my cars thread once it's been delivered (end of next week).  Or I may just be sobbing quietly in the corner!

8 minutes ago, BeEP said:

Not being a facebook user I'd never have seen this.  But thanks to @Mr LaurenceI've just put a deposit on it.  I've used man maths/logic to justify, which I might explain on my cars thread once it's been delivered (end of next week).  Or I may just be sobbing quietly in the corner!

robt in disguise

is it catching :D

Have I said, I really like the goona 3 coupe? V6 auto dizzle, in GT spec 230bhp. Low cost, high liability? Mebbe. But I can't imagine a better looking modern car for £4.5k. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006180277797

e585d970f869427386fcaa9bd69eaca2.jpg

083e6e4b97b0440581f69c50fc8110c1.jpg

(I even prefer the looks to the 406 coupe).

Why would you buy Bavarian instead?