eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Holy hell, imagine what psychological state you'd need to be in to actually choose to drive this rather than any other car in the entire fucking world

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANHAM-X99-AUTO-LOW-MILES-20-000-M-O-T-JUNE-2021-BASED-ON-114-SLI-METRO/303617960489

But look at picture 10  Screenshot_20200709-055159_eBay.thumb.jpg.adfeec48442a0edb74045793f0c156e3.jpg

To be fair the starting price is what the engine and gearbox would be worth if you needed a 1.4 Kettle. 

1 hour ago, jamiechod said:

My wife's  real version of what that's replicating was only a few hundred quid more and you don't need a bag over your head to drive it... Well you do, if you have a penis. 

I remember when mk1 TTs were nearly new and Banhams appeared on the scene. I guess at that moment in time, they were way cheaper than the real thing, although turning your rotten Metro into a a rip-off plastic, fake TT would had to have been one hell of a commitment.

Edit: Just found this post from 2004. Bet that would have half the price of a TT at the time. Would still look gopping though. 

Screenshot_20200709-074459_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Stagea is another car I'll probably never be able to afford again.  I sold my last one (turbo, with nearly a full test) for £1,200.  I sold my SVX for £900.  I will never be a rich man...

The 'Shite Prices' thread really needs rekindling. I've owned five AS-type cars overs the years, all in perfectly good condition, paying £300 to £800. I last bought a car in 2013. Bored of it now but surfing this thread and ebay it seems nigh on impossible to buy anything comparable without going well into four figures. I assume that now the roads are full of identical and anonymous SUVs the retro car has become 'cool' again if anything just to be something different, and obviously they become in shorter supply every year. The super-high pre-2001 road tax is a deterrent though.

12 hours ago, wuvvum said:

As Bo11ox says, these were all auto originally.  Personally I don't think a manual conversion would suit the car - they're a lazy cruiser, not a sports car.  They go OK and grip fairly well but they're far too heavy and wide to have any real sporting pretentions.

Manual conversion will probably last longer than the the original auto, which is known to be fragile  and has been known to go bang after as little as 50,000 miles. Loads of Subaru forum posts out there moaning about auto box failures.

That Artcurial auction linked to above (thanks mk2Craig) with the the Berliet busses has some fabulous stuff, with what seem to be low estimates for some interesting cars, and much higher estimates for run-of the mill tat like Triumph Spitfires and Landrovers.

Like this Mathis-Ford of 1936, estimated at €2000 - €5000.                  An original '30s V8 for 5 grand?

4014_10671598_0.thumb.jpg.96a70b80708ba23c8665edfa095af97e.jpg

Moi?, I'll take the Chrysler Airflow please, and the Majestic Major.......

https://www.artcurial.com/en/sale-4014-andre-trigano-collection

47 minutes ago, Alan_Green said:

I wonder how much they paid the Fire service for it. 

Wouldn't it be nice if the fire service, ambulance, police, local councils etc got the full value from the sales of old vehicles... 

47 minutes ago, Austat said:

Beige, Serck Plates, Tidemark, various examples of bodywork bodgery, whats not to like. Something straight out of c.1994.

£2450:

185434838_HFJ474Y(3).thumb.jpg.fa538833ca4a9dfda9c8254b33b05176.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1243727

<<<ANORAK>>I think you'll find it's Dove Grey. >>

Ex had one as her 1st car, 1100L. GR8 little thing, passenger front seats fragile though ;-)