eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

Fancy an XJR cheap?  Only problem is, it needs dragging back from France

https://www.lotsearch.net/lot/1993-jaguar-xj40-rhd-no-reserve-49718034

xjr.thumb.jpg.3e4dbffe799bf275b87944f3c1fc5fc2.jpg

Loads of other tat in the sale too.  Anybody brave enough to take on a 1968 Berliet PCM-RE double deck bus?

'Kinell, some of those estimates are ridiculously low.  In fact if I thought that any of them were actually going to be accurate I'd be booking a ferry ticket now.

This is seriously tempting.  It's a high-spec JTD with cruise and climate (like the one I had which went to Bramz then Bo11ox and I believe is still in the fold somewhere), but it's an estate so with added junk-carrying ability.  Seems like an honest seller too.  Only thing putting me off is the distance.  That and the fact that it may need rear bushes, which I remember Bo11ox saying were a twat of a job.

s-l1600.jpg

7 hours ago, richardmorris said:

This is tempting me more than a little. I’ve just whatsapped my mechanic friend asking if he knows weak spots. Anyone know if this engine is the same as in my 1994 e class or is it a later v6?  I don’t think the wheels are original but they don’t look bad.  

9 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Interesting.  Showing up on totalcarcheck as 3860cc which suggests a Perkins 4.236.  I once drove a Series 3 Land Rover powered by a Perkins 4.236.  It was not a fast vehicle.  Nor was it quiet.

49 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

This is tempting me more than a little. I’ve just whatsapped my mechanic friend asking if he knows weak spots. Anyone know if this engine is the same as in my 1994 e class or is it a later v6?  I don’t think the wheels are original but they don’t look bad.  

140’s never had the V6 , just the traditional in-line 6, V8 and V12.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

This is seriously tempting.  It's a high-spec JTD with cruise and climate (like the one I had which went to Bramz then Bo11ox and I believe is still in the fold somewhere), but it's an estate so with added junk-carrying ability.  Seems like an honest seller too.  Only thing putting me off is the distance.  That and the fact that it may need rear bushes, which I remember Bo11ox saying were a twat of a job.

s-l1600.jpg

Those bushes are a fairly twattish job, but I did buy the proper tool for doing em, if you buy this and want to have a go at it I'll chuck it in the post to you

This is interesting. A manual with dashboard lights that tell you if you're in first gear, second, neutral, reverse or 'D' gear! What's D? I love attention to detail in an advert.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-SUBARU-SVX-5-SPEED-MANUAL-ONLY-62860-MILES-FSH/133443921666?hash=item1f11e0a702:g:zNoAAOSw6Qde7dce

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, meggersdog said:

Overpriced for an MoT failure IMO

but it's got air brakes...who knew

Offside Front Brake pipe leaking on an air braking system (1.1.11 (b) (i))

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Felicia-Fun-Pickup-Good-Running-Project-w-Original-Truckman-Top-MOT-fail/224071790744?hash=item342bb83098:g:~9wAAOSwykdfBLy

I can never understand how people get the interiors of these into such a state. Especially the steering wheel which looks vile with all the yellow rubbed off. Mine was just as clean inside after nineteen years' use as the day I bought it. It was the rot that killed it off, as is usually the case with these.

9 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

That's probably the only one left in existence. If I win the lottery then yes, fixing (or getting parts) would be fun* especially as, IIRC, it's front wheel drive.

Not sure about FWD but from what I've managed to glean through epic procrastination this afternoon, the engine is under the drivers seat on all of these French "Standards".  The double deckers seem to have great shite credentials in other respects too, only about 25 built and none lasted a full decade in service.

Interestingly theres an equally rubbish PGR midibus in the same auction as well. They're clearly not expecting much interest in either of them with those reserve prices, which would of course be a fraction of what's required to get them actually roadworthy again.

https://www.artcurial.com/en/lot-circa-1970-berliet-pgr-no-reserve-4014-237

4014_10671600_0.thumb.jpg.ddaa4c55ae26c15245fc79e55a29c504.jpg

44 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

This is interesting. A manual with dashboard lights that tell you if you're in first gear, second, neutral, reverse or 'D' gear! What's D? I love attention to detail in an advert.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-SUBARU-SVX-5-SPEED-MANUAL-ONLY-62860-MILES-FSH/133443921666?hash=item1f11e0a702:g:zNoAAOSw6Qde7dce

s-l1600.jpg

As Bo11ox says, these were all auto originally.  Personally I don't think a manual conversion would suit the car - they're a lazy cruiser, not a sports car.  They go OK and grip fairly well but they're far too heavy and wide to have any real sporting pretentions.

1 hour ago, mk2_craig said:

Not sure about FWD but from what I've managed to glean through epic procrastination this afternoon, the engine is under the drivers seat on all of these French "Standards".  The double deckers seem to have great shite credentials in other respects too, only about 25 built and none lasted a full decade in service.

Interestingly theres an equally rubbish PGR minibus in the same auction as well. They're clearly not expecting much interest in either of them with those reserve prices, which would of course be a fraction of what's required to get them actually roadworthy again.

https://www.artcurial.com/en/lot-circa-1970-berliet-pgr-no-reserve-4014-237

4014_10671600_0.thumb.jpg.ddaa4c55ae26c15245fc79e55a29c504.jpg

Here's a picture I took back in 1971 (eye-catching b&w fred) when I was in Paris. Twenty five plus a prototype, basically a single deck with a spare body nailed on top. Single rear wheels, and a bfo half shaft cover on the front wheels.

I must spend money on the lottery so I can buy this, not on eBay or roffles!

PICT0571b.jpg