eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

43 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Last on the road about 1985 according to the DVLA - difficult to establish the provenance of this kind of bag of bits when it comes to Coopers*? Presumably the records still exist? Who would want the wheels to come off their antique roadtrip??

*my legal department has agreed this wording - particularly the term 'difficult'

20200708_111519.jpg

Interesting additional point - Charlie Ross  (L) went to the same school as me...

2 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

DAMM that is flipping fantastic and shit at the same time.   I'd like to own that and swap the block for a 3.2 out of an omega. 

Edited by New POD
I noticed it's been off the road for 7 years and is basically fucked

Fancy an XJR cheap?  Only problem is, it needs dragging back from France

https://www.lotsearch.net/lot/1993-jaguar-xj40-rhd-no-reserve-49718034

xjr.thumb.jpg.3e4dbffe799bf275b87944f3c1fc5fc2.jpg

Loads of other tat in the sale too.  Anybody brave enough to take on a 1968 Berliet PCM-RE double deck bus?

Someone spotted this over the weekend and posted it on @trigger's excellent East Coast Retros facebook page - and it really piqued my interest.  It's for sale 3 miles from my parents, it's a local Ipswich car with HDX suffix to match my Mini.  My parents nearly always had a japanese car on fleet, and we were regulars at Carrs Honda in Ipswich - trudging around the forecourt once a month to see what had arrived.  In fact, my parents had an earlier bronze Civic.

79814f82-1481-4bc0-b94a-0175a001ef17.thumb.jpg.b4ffae8f8d649408894343ab6f7a2340.jpg

Two owners.  23,000 on the clock.  

I got bored waiting for my Dad to go and speak to the garage owner - so called him up.  Today.  We know the proprietor, he used to service and look after my Nan's Mini back in the 80s.  He wants £2495 for it which, on balance, is probably about right.  

I'd dearly love to buy it but it's about £500 more than I'm comfortable paying for it and I don't need 1 car at the moment - never mind 7.

I imagine he only gave the old girl a few hundred quid for it as "it's an old car love" which is a further frustration, but I never resent someone earning a living.  I just wish they'd not to it at my expense sometimes!!!

Anyway - if anyone's serious (he'll not welcome being fucked about) then it's at Brands Garage in Trimley.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

We had that exact model as a wedding car (rented and driven by my Brother in law to save dosh), that had a black interior though. I could live with that at a push though.

52 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Loads of other tat in the sale too.  Anybody brave enough to take on a 1968 Berliet PCM-RE double deck bus?

That's probably the only one left in existence. If I win the lottery then yes, fixing (or getting parts) would be fun* especially as, IIRC, it's front wheel drive.

47 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Someone spotted this over the weekend and posted it on @trigger's excellent East Coast Retros facebook page - and it really piqued my interest.  It's for sale 3 miles from my parents, it's a local Ipswich car with HDX suffix to match my Mini.  My parents nearly always had a japanese car on fleet, and we were regulars at Carrs Honda in Ipswich - trudging around the forecourt once a month to see what had arrived.  In fact, my parents had an earlier bronze Civic.

79814f82-1481-4bc0-b94a-0175a001ef17.thumb.jpg.b4ffae8f8d649408894343ab6f7a2340.jpg

I got bored waiting for my Dad to go and speak to the garage owner - so called him up.  Today.  We know the proprietor, he used to service and look after my Nan's Mini back in the 80s.  He wants £2495 for it which, on balance, is probably about right.  

I'd dearly love to buy it but it's about £500 more than I'm comfortable paying for it and I don't need 1 car at the moment - never mind 7.

I imagine he only gave the old girl a few hundred quid for it as "it's an old car love" which is a further frustration, but I never resent someone earning a living.  I just wish they'd not to it at my expense sometimes!!!

Anyway - if anyone's serious (he'll not welcome being fucked about) then it's at Brands Garage in Trimley.

Wow, genuinely interested in that! Will probably PM after work.

Did you look closely? MOT history is rusty and looks like it's been welded. Manual / engine size?

43 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I wonder where he got those windscreen stickers with 'Preparation' spelt wrong on them? 

Just now, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I wonder where he got those windscreen stickers with 'Preparation' spelt wrong on them? 

That's tremendous.  I didn't even spot it!

I'd like to think he called someone up and they printed them verbatim just out of spite, in full knowledge of the speeling error.

4 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Shouldn't be a difficult conversion to do. There was a 2.5 V6 version.

It is a 2.5 V6 

To be fair the car I really wanted / wish they made was a mk3 cavalier 4x4 GSi with a 3.2 V6 and the turbo 6 speed gearbox. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

[Some] people take these cars onto the forecourt to drive foot traffic, they are often not over anxious to sell erm. Come looking at that and you end up driving off in a 2017 electric Cockfumbler Wizzomatic with HID headlamps the bulb change for which costs more than your first house. 

1 minute ago, lesapandre said:

People take these cars onto the forecourt to drive foot traffic. Come looking at that and you end up driving off in a 2017 electric Cockfumbler Wizzomatic with HID headlamps the bulb change for which costs more than your first house. 

You've not seen his forecourt.  

There's also a G reg Nissan Sunny and a W plate Corolla.