eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 minutes ago, Mr Laurence said:

It’s made me realise how wildly out of touch I am with mini values.

and to think that that crock of shit was roadworthy as recently as 2014. Presumably it’s spent the last 6 years stored at the bottom of the ocean

Late Minis can quite easily get into that state in 6 years whilst stored in a hermetically sealed cocoon.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-astra-12-month-m-o-t-/353130729629

Here's a low mileage, steel-wheeled black-bumpered astra that has just failed to sell for £300 despite having a full ticket.  Its got a sunroof and elec windows though, so some basic luxuries are unfortunately provided.

3 hours ago, DVee8 said:

"good body work needs tlc new inner wing and door post main chassis good some work done needs wood work but can show you how to diy ".

And despite being Sheffield registered, that description doesn't fill me with confidence.

What is cooler than tooling around in a shonky Shadow?

A yellow one with blue interior! This Shadow is sub zero

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolls-Royce/164280081951?hash=item263fdb1e1f:g:T7IAAOSwFB9fBGuP

The pictures are not great so you may need to use your imagination as to how good* it might be.spacer.png

New  number plates first job, then wheels, then maybe look at addressing rust issues.

I have never been a huge fan of Rolls Royce but this colour really does suit it ?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngimage.jpeg.41c1cc831fc83aa25164692d9bd7375a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

What is cooler than tooling around in a shonky Shadow?

A yellow one with blue interior! This Shadow is sub zero

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolls-Royce/164280081951?hash=item263fdb1e1f:g:T7IAAOSwFB9fBGuP

The pictures are not great so you may need to use your imagination as to how good* it might be.spacer.png

New  number plates first job, then wheels, then maybe look at addressing rust issues.

I have never been a huge fan of Rolls Royce but this colour really does suit it ?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngimage.jpeg.41c1cc831fc83aa25164692d9bd7375a.jpeg

That is well cool, 

Looks like it was stood from 2006 to 2015 by the MOT history. Which in all honesty doesn't look too bad given its a shonky old Rolls...

5 hours ago, Mr Laurence said:

Yeah, it’s something I unfortunately know first hand. The rustproofing (or rather lack thereof) on late 90s Minis was a disgrace

rovers habit of building up mini bodies, the "storing" them unpainted in the car park before inserting them into the production and that robotised paint line too didn't help a car that was always a rotter....

add to the mix the new water based paint,and viola, rust heaven!

the SPi and MPi cars were, without doubt the most variable with respect  to paint work.

some are better than others. and that one is one of the bad ones.

i've seen better mark 1' cars that have spent decades sat outside compared to that thing!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1242428

remember when most, if not all of Allegro's running about were like this?

a bit down at heel, cos they weren't a "loved" car when new, but still a nice,solid car that was in use every day?

this one is like that.  it sounds like a nice old thing.

i have the feeling that this must belong to someone on here.

1976 Austin Allegro 1300.  Very solid & drives well. For Sale (picture 1 of 6)

2 hours ago, egg said:

Reminds me, I was out for a drive on Sunday afternoon and an aquamarine '55 burbled past, driven by a Richard Branson lookalike.  Made me smile.

1 hour ago, BeEP said:

Just the thing for the London ULEZ.

Big - Dirty - Diesel - Annoying - Exempt! I'm on the hunt now for something horrible to run round  London in and rev the nuts off outside City Hall creating a cloud of fumes. 

But seriously folks looks a nice project. Tax Mot Exempt and might drive ok..might...that diesel may top out at 3000 rpm.