eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Those Koreans think of everything ! Do all Ioniqs have a kickstarter or just the hybrids?

Boom, I'm here all week...

Incidentally, another feature of the Siba Dynastart I forgot to mention was the facility to start the engine backwards to give as many reverse gears as forwards.  The Dynastart was widely used in the Microcar world where motorbike engines of various makes needed to be adapted to car like features, but the reverse feature was only usable with two strokes, and in the UK at least, only owners who had the correct driving licence (ie a car one, not a motorbike one) could use it.

And, I think you'll find, Ioniqs have a proper (DCT) gearbox with a genuine reverse gear.

8 hours ago, martc said:

I wouldn't worry about the scariness of it - it developed a mighty 17 (seventeen) horsepower.

its from the internet so its probably not true but I like to think it is :) 

but I read somewhere of someone who got given by Derry Preston cobb one of his old engines to fit to his Bond Mini car, apparently that one was very scary!

edit here we go from the Virtual Gaz page http://www.virtualgaz.com/invacarpage.htm

"I drove the the lorry and trailer delivering Invacars and the Greeves motorcycles for fourteen years. Derry Preston-Cobb (MD) had his own special invalid car with a Greeves racing engine, side mounted. It was a very fast machine and we regulary had to go and rescue Derry when he turned it over trying to corner too fast. When he had to give up this machine, he gave me the engine to fit in my Bond mini-car. The Bond went so fast it frightened me, because the brakes were not efficient enough to stop it quickly. The lorry and trailer carried four cars, two on the truck and two on the trailer. To load the lorry, I had to drive up the lowered trailer tailboard and fast up a steeper ramp onto the back of the truck. The first car was easy enough, but with the second one, I had to brake sharply after speeding up the ramp, so as not to smash into the first one. I had some great times there and still have freinds I worked with". Dave Price (Hedgehog) (2003)

2 hours ago, martc said:

but the reverse feature was only usable with two strokes, and in the UK at least, only owners who had the correct driving licence (ie a car one, not a motorbike one) could use it.

Very true, when my dad bought his first car, a Reliant Regal MkVI in about 1961, he only had a bike licence so had to take a further test so he could remove the blanking plate that stopped him using reverse on the Reliant.

Check out this weird-ass looking thing.  Used to be a Renault 4 apparently.  Advertised in the commercial vehicles section for some reason.s-l1600.jpg

What the actual fuck were they thinking?

It’s like the spastic offspring of a Morgan and a Citroen lomax conversion that happens to also be the ginger step child. (All offensive descriptors in this post are totally meant)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, spike60 said:

Mercedes campervan motorhome 1972 spares/project (£15 No Reserve)  Rebuild not for the faint hearted! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-campervan-motorhome-1972-spares-project-15-No-Reserve/114276866857?hash=item1a9b6e9b29:g:QVwAAOSw0uZe9bKj

I realise it's possibly not that camper's most critical issue but feast your eyes on the size of that overhang!  

Surely the only way that'd move is to demolish the fibreglass palace on the back and drag the rest onto a low loader, I'd be impressed if anyone could get that picked up in one piece.