eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

This guy is living the dream.  I remember a car wizard video with him saying these 928's are a friggin nightmare to bring back to life. On the other hand, look at it!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-928-s2-low-mileage-huge-history-file/164263997569?hash=item263ee5b081:g:7AwAAOSwROxe9jzc

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3335120133165082/

looks fab, too me anyway.

but not finished. and "needs wiring".......

elastic-trickery is one thing that i really DO NOT understand, and hate having anything to to with.

cos for me, its always a proper pain in the arse. and then someone competent will have to fix it. properly. Afterwards.

101529816_10207529969724999_3637617002249453568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=cEumYtvuvQ0AX-VFuYI&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=b5e1db568fabc9873d10530f9fc7042d&oe=5F1AD062

On 6/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, Bag'O'Spanners said:

Sexy Safrane

One for the lickers? I'm in love.

I went to see this today purely as it was about 45 mins from me, and my dad almost bought one 15 years ago. The seller is a proper top bloke, spent ages nattering away. He's done a lot of work mechanically and it runs superb, the engine is almost sewing machine smooth and dry. He's had a few Safranes and amongst his other cars is a nice Cayenne. The stainless full exhaust system is quite throaty but I like it. The ride is wallowy and I found the steering vague, and the pump almost pulsates at low speed and seems to not like it when you dry steer with no revs. Unsure what would cause this. Handling was poor, I guess going from the ST170 to this I'd always be critical as the Focus is so tight and precise so perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh.

Other than that, everything works. Ice cold air con, system voice computer etc etc. Good condition inside and body wise has some surface rust on the edges of the boot lip and a couple of random spots on the roof. I was tempted but I think it's a great car with the right engine and gearbox combo, and it'll go on forever.

2 hours ago, cort16 said:

This guy is living the dream.  I remember a car wizard video with him saying these 928's are a friggin nightmare to bring back to life. On the other hand, look at it!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-928-s2-low-mileage-huge-history-file/164263997569?hash=item263ee5b081:g:7AwAAOSwROxe9jzc

For a minute there I thought the Cappuccino was towing the HPE on the trailer. 

50 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I should imagine if you put a bag of sugar in that it would take you over the unbraked trailer limit, very useful.

Years ago I used to have a trailer made from a Mazda pick up with the brakes working by pulling the handbrake cable. The first time I used it it shoved the Opel Ascona tow car straight off the end of a gravelly passing place on a single track road when it wasn't even  loaded. 

15 minutes ago, meggersdog said:

Ooof indeed! This looks like the ex Stondon car. I don’t know where it ended up after the brightwell auction but it could have gone to Northern Ireland by the looks of it?
I went to the Stondon auction at Brightwells as I fancied the Lagonda or Camargue, both went for more than I was prepared to pay being a tightwad!

The auctioneer was taking bids off the wall and tried to fit up a bloke standing near me for excessive bids on the Camargue, it was clear that he had said he was out at around the price I wanted to pay. The auctioneer was very dodgy!

9 hours ago, Austat said:

3823804955_1be458134e_c.jpg

1983 Datsun Sunny 1.5GL Coupe (B11) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Like me in 1989, but I had an intact tailgate. That would be a tricky thing to find.

The C-reg Sunny coupe near me is staill available AFAIK, although I believe Datman has someone interested in it.

48340288332_01dd5093fe_b.jpg

1985 Nissan Sunny 1.5 SGL Maxima Coupe by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

On 6/24/2020 at 10:55 PM, MarvinsMom said:

amazingly,for extra scary-ness this has  2 whole cylinders in the mighty JAP? engine.

105395866_3188012284596465_6089734647547740759_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=8FxenIE4sQgAX-qqLi9&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=e392bd64a7bc2b544e642cdf75c750e7&oe=5F17ED54

That's a Villiers 4T engine - an option for the Type G minicar; although Villiers bought JAP in 1957, 4 years before the type G was introduced, so there is some sort of connection.

I wouldn't worry about the scariness of it - it developed a mighty 17 (seventeen) horsepower.

It used a Siba Dynastart to start it. This used clever elastrickery to turn the dynamo into a starter motor by reversing the polarity of the neutron flow or something. I think the starter motor/generator on my newfangled Hyundai Ioniq uses the same principals. The kickstarter was there just in case...

4 hours ago, martc said:

That's a Villiers 4T engine - an option for the Type G minicar; although Villiers bought JAP in 1957, 4 years before the type G was introduced, so there is some sort of connection.

I wouldn't worry about the scariness of it - it developed a mighty 17 (seventeen) horsepower.

It used a Siba Dynastart to start it. This used clever elastrickery to turn the dynamo into a starter motor by reversing the polarity of the neutron flow or something. I think the starter motor/generator on my newfangled Hyundai Ioniq uses the same principals. The kickstarter was there just in case...

Those Koreans think of everything ! Do all Ioniqs have a kickstarter or just the hybrids?