eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

@TooManyPeopleMovers Have you bought it yet?

2 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

How about now?

etc....ad nauseum ;-)

@outlaw118 I'm thinking very, very hard. Thank goodness it is too late to contact the seller now. Gives me the night to think it over. 

I just need to think about the pitfalls of buying one of these sight unseen, and for what is a high price for an old, high mileage car. 

This would be my daily car too...so I don't want to throw money at something that might (literally) blow up on me.

@TooManyPeopleMovers All good points, don't know what parts availability is like in your neck of the woods, but that's got to be the main concern.

If it was something common, then I'm guessing there wouldn't be any hesitation - one for the "didn't know existed" thread fo' sho', I'm sure one of our resident Japanese tin experts will be along shortly.....

2 hours ago, Skizzer said:

That’s not Cornwall, that’s Cambridgeshire — the other St Ives.

Ooft. Would. Pity it’s such a crap listing with almost zero information and two useless photos though.

the other links that tim posted - offers for more than hes asking on the fb ad why is not biting their hand off??

its prolly worth the higher amount

1 hour ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

What could be better than a Mitsubishi Evo if you're looking for a high performance Japanese sports car?

A high performance Japanese sports car that can fit all of your things!

I present the Mitsubishi RVR X3: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2663764605

spacer.png

The headlights look like they've been nicked from an Audi TT Mk.1

1 hour ago, Austat said:

Shabby Cortina straight out of 1992...

1435392356_RNA233R(1).thumb.jpg.f18277a0fa836c7364a4e09297bfc0c2.jpg

... with green interior trim, phwoar!

104035863_706102336912682_5731915633244063816_o.thumb.jpg.8b12be7859b01ef1d47736b75fd63dcb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/277146806817329

I love the green interior but not enough to pay £2,600 for especially as the car looks thoroughly abused. Would be stunning if restored though ?

2 hours ago, Alan_Green said:

Yes, exactly.  It's even in their company colours.  But I've no idea if they are a respectable bunch or not.

IMG_20200614_195223.jpg

IMG_20200614_195215.jpg

I think they're ok,I've known Simon who runs it for 30-odd years.My Dad bought a KA from them a while back,don't think he's had any issues with it.

They must get some points for the Renault Master recovery truck ?

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

I got all excited when I saw this for £700, until I read that it has no engine or 'box.

.....Still, the bodywork doesn't look as fucked as some I've seen - another possible candidate for a VM diesel conversion?

Crispy door bottoms, and the paintwork on the top of o/s/f wing suggests quite a bit of wob.

1 hour ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Ideal first family car, according to the description...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006039763300

Presumably because after the car breaks down, costs a fortune and then inevitably your marriage fails, you can start a second family

22 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Yeah, I researched the gear stick. Take battery out and disassemble the selector and grease it generously is the solution.

The MOT history has me slightly concerned though. Various advisories in the very recent MOT for bushes and suspension components, corrosion on the underside of the body, and fuel lines. Plus cracked tyres and worn/pitted brakes all round. Probably be a good couple of hundred quid on top to get all that sorted. Plus, you'd still have air con that doesn't blow cold and an annoying blinking odometer.

Meanwhile I got back into the 316 and it doesn't have anything wrong with it. Yes, its MOT history is worse, but I've since sorted most of the advisories.

I think I wrote up changing the gear linkage bushes when I had the diesel 147 in me thread, they're not bad to do, they're just shit components. I think the flashing odometer can be sorted with MultiECUScan (Fiat/Alfa diag software). Everything else is par for the course I'm afraid

19 hours ago, Skizzer said:

If anyone is keen to spend upwards of £2.5k on a nice low mileage one of these, please talk to me first.

That one is a bit tidier than mine, but not much.

If I'd known you had one, I'd have gotten in touch before buying this Merc. I've got a thing for those Aerodecks

42 minutes ago, J-T said:

If I'd known you had one, I'd have gotten in touch before buying this Merc. I've got a thing for those Aerodecks

Noted ... although I’m liking it too much to sell it at the moment, plus I believe @Fabergé Greggs has dibs.  I think someone else might have second dibs too but I’d have to check.

22 hours ago, ProgRocker said:

Actually on reflection I don’t think £2500 is a crazy asking price for this, even though it’s a lot more than I paid Vantman for mine.

They are great looking cars and work very well, and this looks a super example.  Mine does generate a fair amount of comment and interest.

She makes me think of lightning in skies

She's sexy

How else is God supposed to write?

She's sexy

Move, she wants to move

But you're hogging her, you're guarding her

She wants to move

(She wants to move)

She wants to move

(She wants to move)

Mister! Look at your girl, she loves it!

(Look at her)

I can see it in her eyes

She hopes this lasts forever

Or at least until the MOT expires in October

But what else can you expect for £280?

83465074_3036250203133865_73211637772553

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/693426784788492/

7 hours ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

What could be better than a Mitsubishi Evo if you're looking for a high performance Japanese sports car?

A high performance Japanese sports car that can fit all of your things!

I present the Mitsubishi RVR X3: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2663764605

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's like a Mitsubishi Evo IV but in a people mover bodyshell. 

As far as I am concerned these are dream shite, rocking horse poo, whatever unobtainable euphemisms you choose to use. And I'm still trying to do the sums in my head to make it worthwhile.

Especially seeing as this one is in such unmolested condition. Apparently it even includes the original bumper. 

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this?

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this?

It looks shit !

31 minutes ago, angle said:

She makes me think of lightning in skies

She's sexy

How else is God supposed to write?

She's sexy

Move, she wants to move

She wants to move

(She wants to move)

She wants to move

(She wants to move)

Mister! Look at your girl, she loves it!

(Look at her)

I can see it in her eyes

She hopes this lasts forever

Or at least until the MOT expires in October

But what else can you expect for £280?

83465074_3036250203133865_73211637772553

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/693426784788492/

That is fantastic. Such a fun looking non-car. Very nice. About 15 year ago I was tooling up the M1 my 450 Mercedes when was passed by one of them doing about 100mph driven by some Chinese guy.

49 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vauxhall-viva/25080245

YjM1OWQ3OGIzYzk4MjgwN2Y0YWE0NmE2NGI2ZjAy

MWIwN2IzMWY5MzVkYWYyNzZkMjdlODg1MTc1NDdi

This looks interesting dangerous, HA Viva with a redtop. €1850 in Norn Iron

HA I found this 12 years ago in a lock up Burton on Trent way, sold it to a lad who sld it on again to a chap in Northern Ireland who "did the conversion"

https://www.annteak.com/garages-galore/

DSCN4738.jpg