eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 hours ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-corona-exiv/25010003

MGQyZWE3ZDgxNzQ5NjU4MDZmM2JlZWExMjEyYTAw

ZjBlYzJjNDY5Y2Y2ZjM3NDU2YzM5NzBlMTY3ZTli

M2ZiY2U1NDI2ODk0NjJjNzJiNDAyY2I5ZTY3MWEw

1 owner Corona EXiV available in Ireland. Currently on hold, if it becomes available again I'll be along to see it

Holy crap, there is another one around after all! How much was it advertised for? The interior is just as brown as in mine, lovely!

8 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Holy crap, there is another one around after all! How much was it advertised for? The interior is just as brown as in mine, lovely!

It was €1500. Bought new by an Irish pilot in Japan who brought it home in 99. It looked to be a total gem. Sold this morning :(  

44 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/alfa-romeo/2005-alfa-romeo-147-2.0-16v-twin-spark-lusso/1375391892?fbclid=IwAR2D8rjLFjK7gmBkgAmuAuJkKUspOhEoOoBvjIkdTpq-ADDaEhNaHV5jG9w

$_86.JPG

I rather like this, though. Enough to ask the seller about the MOT, as the ad neglects to mention it at all.

The ad says MOT May 2021? Maybe they changed it...

50 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

It was €1500. Bought new by an Irish pilot in Japan who brought it home in 99. It looked to be a total gem. Sold this morning :(  

Not surprised it sold this quickly, where can you find an unusual enthusiast car in great condition for that little money!

4 hours ago, Supernaut said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/alfa-romeo/2005-alfa-romeo-147-2.0-16v-twin-spark-lusso/1375391892?fbclid=IwAR2D8rjLFjK7gmBkgAmuAuJkKUspOhEoOoBvjIkdTpq-ADDaEhNaHV5jG9w

$_86.JPG

I rather like this, though. Enough to ask the seller about the MOT, as the ad neglects to mention it at all.

Just back from viewing this. Plate is WP53 TWG, MOT history is patchy but not utterly terrible.

Went like fuck, being a 2.0 in a smoll car. However, a few issues. Utterly crap handbrake, flashing odometer (apparently due to replacement climate controls not being coded to the car) and, most strangely, the gear stick doesn't centre properly. You have to push it to the right to get it into 3rd. Could just be a spring? I need to research it.

I said to the seller I'd get back to him. The old boy is a proper shiter though. Yard littered with an X-type, a Saab 9-3, and a Suzuki Vitara. In the barn he had a Bedford CF camper. Said Bedford is the reason he's selling the Alfa. He smashed his pelvis because he fell off a ladder working on the roof of the camper, and the cane he was hobbling about on confirmed it. What automatic gearboxed car has he bought to drive around in though? A P38, which was in his garden with the bonnet up. Legend.

Alfa handbrakes being shit isn't anything that new, not quite Peugeot or BMW levels though. I've often found they tend to feel okay and then don't hold the car at all.

Self centering of the gearstick isn't a huge worry. Annoying though. That's a Fiat group trait. My mum's Panda did it, and it wasn't even 5 years old at the time. 

3 minutes ago, bramz7 said:

Alfa handbrakes being shit isn't anything that new, not quite Peugeot or BMW levels though. I've often found they tend to feel okay and then don't hold the car at all.

Self centering of the gearstick isn't a huge worry. Annoying though. That's a Fiat group trait. My mum's Panda did it, and it wasn't even 5 years old at the time. 

Yeah, I researched the gear stick. Take battery out and disassemble the selector and grease it generously is the solution.

The MOT history has me slightly concerned though. Various advisories in the very recent MOT for bushes and suspension components, corrosion on the underside of the body, and fuel lines. Plus cracked tyres and worn/pitted brakes all round. Probably be a good couple of hundred quid on top to get all that sorted. Plus, you'd still have air con that doesn't blow cold and an annoying blinking odometer.

Meanwhile I got back into the 316 and it doesn't have anything wrong with it. Yes, its MOT history is worse, but I've since sorted most of the advisories.

'Lovely car to drive and all runs well just got a hole in the exhaust and that's the only thing wrong with it still has mot until August and will fly though it clean and tidy car it's a 2 litre engine , but the spolier doesn't come with it' 

Thank fucking christ. 

31747887_10214215261209837_1772285355244

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2281929238554286/