eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

16 hours ago, timolloyd said:

I'm still fucking sore about that red bASe I tried so desperately hard to buy a couple of years ago.  This wasn't the usual "flaky" OMG SAVE IT - I paid the deposit and was looking forward to picking it up a few days later. (I allowed him to continue using it to get to work whilst his Insignia was terminally fucked in a garage)

$_86.JPG

Then he said he couldn't afford to get his new car back from the garage so would have to keep the Mondeo.  Then he said he had spent my deposit and I'd have to wait a fortnight for it back.  When I DID get it, he promised me first refusal when he was done with it.

When he was done with it, he gave me first refusal.  Of two hours.  He then promptly put it up for sale and it ended up being collected by a racer.  Despite the car having an MOT, being absolutely bloody solid underneath and in very good condition it never got taxed or tested again.

So sadly...

15 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

If you want to stop "Banger Racing Knuckleheads" buying a vehicle, then bid higher.

...didn't work.  I even told him I'd pay the original asking, not his reduced price.  Sadly, it was just too cheap (stupid as it sounds).

You win some you lose some.

PS - I like it best when we don't fight.  Pacifist innit.  Both are valuable contributors here, let's hope we can all rub along indefnitely.

15 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Oh look, another attack on "Those Terrible Banger Racing Bastards". It may be the heat, it may be cabin fever, but I'm not going to let this slide, like I normally would.

Have we met? 

Would a "knucklehead" be a branch manager for a bank at the age of 28? Would he/she have numerous professional qualifications?

A bank manager at just 28? Holy shit this changes everything

Whoever just bought one of these from Thailand may start to feel a bit silly right now.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004249050016

0936b2233c1847f4b16c4c5f637f54f1.jpg.321fad4d8f57d0963504286f77710faa.jpg

150 quid Mondeo with 10 months MoT. Quote "Ford Mondeo GHIA X , 2.0 TDCI, 10 month MOT, service history, olds MOT's, and receipt, , I am selling the car as spare or repair because after changing the fuel filter, it cannot start again It". 

Wonder if he's tried bleeding the system ?

13 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004249050016

0936b2233c1847f4b16c4c5f637f54f1.jpg.321fad4d8f57d0963504286f77710faa.jpg

150 quid Mondeo with 10 months MoT. Quote "Ford Mondeo GHIA X , 2.0 TDCI, 10 month MOT, service history, olds MOT's, and receipt, , I am selling the car as spare or repair because after changing the fuel filter, it cannot start again It". 

Wonder if he's tried bleeding the system ?

knock him to 100 then diy then drive off in it :D