eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Favorit-Estate-LS-1991/174287159728?hash=item28945301b0:g:~QoAAOSwZbJewqWH

I have just found this on ebay. I very much want, but have no money, space, need or permission. At the moment it stands at £225. I had one when they were new and loved it. Our family out grew it and we bought a Rover 800. 

2 hours ago, willswitchengage said:
s-l1600.jpg

Ease yourself into the crap car experience with this. Low tax, a bit rusty, been off the road for ten years, low miles and the engine is the wrong way round. It's just into four figures but shite prices seem to be pretty high these days.

Release your inner Father Ted at a raffle.

3 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

That interior looks wrong to me, I am no expert on BL cars but I thought these should have striped seats and different headrests. Beautiful colour car but it may be hard to find an interior.

Yes, should have 'low back' seats with stobe effect and the early headrests.  That interior is from a 1983 onwards model.  Also should have twin wide coachlines and not a rubbing strip.  Like this...

File:206 - 1981 yellow Austin Metro 1.3 S.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

It's still an applejack Metro though, so can be forgiven most faults!

8 hours ago, vulgalour said:

All the photos in the advert are terrible, which is a shame, because it looks like this would be a fantastic Do Not Paint sort of a thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-crown-S40-1962/224015151907

I know people on here are a bit sniffy about this sort of thing, but that would look absolutely perfect lowered on slightly wider steels. Do the interior and leave the body exactly as it is but waxed and protected. Perfect low 'n slow cruiser.

A very tasty 1965 Austin 1800 Mk1 - another tempting Kiwi classic. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2634085437

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For a 55 year old car it looks in surprisingly good condition. I suspect it has spent a great deal of time in a dry Canterbury garage, not just since 2012 as the listing states. That would explain the lack of rust (part from the surface rust in the engine bay).

I wonder how much work someone (me) would be looking at to recommission this as a daily driver?

12905507.jpg

Release your inner "Wuvvum" with this delightfully shonky S2 GTi Turbo 2 for a bag and a half - it even has a dented driver's door.

EDIT to add: this is one car that would look well resprayed in Cassis Nacre / burgundy or one of the bright blue shades that CXs had in the late 1970s. Black would be a waste.

1 hour ago, Austat said:

It seems odd how prices are so high nowadays, especially during lockdown. Can anyone explain why now?

I have been thinking exactly the same, with so much uncertainty over jobs, potential reduced earning and almost certain recession looming You would think prices would drop sharply. The only explanation I can think of is that people are having a lot of time to reflect on what is really important and life must be lived when you get the chance. Life is too short to be driving horrid new cars?

1 hour ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

Got wood?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-2632599423.htm

spacer.png

spacer.png

The "wood" doesn't tarnish the looks of this PT Cruiser....but only because the PT Cruiser never had any good looks to start off with.

I quite like that, I wouldn't want it though.

1 hour ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

I wonder how much work someone (me) would be looking at to recommission this as a daily driver?

Fluids changed, replace any rubber hoses, give it a wipe down and it might well be good to go; it is a B series after all, they're pig simple and were fitted in everything from MGs to Sherpas.

1 hour ago, Austat said:

It seems odd how prices are so high nowadays, especially during lockdown. Can anyone explain why now?

But these are asking prices - does any of it sell, and if so, for how much?

2 hours ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2634085437

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For a 55 year old car it looks in surprisingly good condition. I suspect it has spent a great deal of time in a dry Canterbury garage, not just since 2012 as the listing states. That would explain the lack of rust (part from the surface rust in the engine bay).

gotta be some lickers there as there are here for parts?

@STUNO you drove these in yer yoof when current - get to it :D

2 hours ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

Got wood?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-2632599423.htm

spacer.png

spacer.png

The "wood" doesn't tarnish the looks of this PT Cruiser....but only because the PT Cruiser never had any good looks to start off with.

*rings too manys local police office for arrest warrant issue

17 hours ago, Austat said:

Oh dear, lets hope it doesn't end if with one of those banger racing knuckleheads like that blue Dolomite did

Oh look, another attack on "Those Terrible Banger Racing Bastards". It may be the heat, it may be cabin fever, but I'm not going to let this slide, like I normally would.

Have we met? 

Would a "knucklehead" be a branch manager for a bank at the age of 28? Would he/she have numerous professional qualifications?

As to the 'shiters that I've met, did you notice my knuckles dragging on the ground? Was I wearing Rigger Boots? Was I breathing through my mouth? Did I arrive at whatever meeting point in a Ford Cargo with a hiab on the back, and proceed to lift a Horsey Horseless onto the back? The answer to all of these questions is a no....I hope.

If you want to stop "Banger Racing Knuckleheads" buying a vehicle, then bid higher. But you wouldn't know about that as you don't actually own a car.  So you sit on the sidelines wringing your hands and bleating like a new born lamb, while doing FUCK ALL about it.

If you think I'm picking on you, WOTEVS. You're just the latest in a long line of people on here with the same blinkered view. I could regale you with stories of DONATING ie giving away usable parts to owner's clubs, and actually NOT racing stuff that was deemed too interesting. But you don't want to hear that do you?

Sure, there's an element within the Banger world who are dodgy, theiving moral-free shitbags. But that's the same in REAL life, and tarring everyone with the same brush can get one into a lot of trouble, and is discriminatory, at best.

35 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Don't see many Tercels these days a friend's mother had one until it rotted away, she replaced it about 20 years ago with a 3 door Berlingo in that awful green they did, think she still has it

They were always a bit unusual, I "did a spot" of one in Devon about 5 years ago, which if it's still there, will require a dustpan and brush to move.

I will attempt to find a photo.

ashite003-1.jpg

Edited by outlaw118
Found a photo!

10 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Would @egg please contact the K reg Mondeo hotline.

Reg sounded familiar did a bit of digging, looks like its not its first time round :) 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:22 PM, egg said:

I forgot K440 LYA in the list of MOT'd K-platers (another base) which didn't sell recently at £450 starting bid. And it had loads of work done.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9fe5d3905173c4cd1da8a11261776419.jpg

That one has the grey interior, which I think was the least interesting of the launch colour trim.