eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

16 hours ago, meggersdog said:

I’d love to see a comparison done between a Y suffix and a Y prefix Maestro. @dollywobbler?

11 minutes ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

They are creeping up, i cant believe i got a minter a couple of years ago for 450 quid,   now that is one i should of kept 

There was an increasingly decrepit 2006 one sitting on a driveway near the village of Chenies for months on end. I used to hack past it, but I think it has been removed now. God only knows where it went, but I bet the owner couldn't afford the repairs on it.

Google Maps still has a aerial view of it - it's the red thing in the middle of the screen.

1 hour ago, lesapandre said:

Morris L getting a bit confused here. Overstates production numbers and I think is wrong about rear light too.

http://www.austinmemories.com/styled-33/styled-35/index.html

Looking at the Austin Memories website gives correct production figs.

What I did not know was that the bodies for early A30 cars were pressed in Dagenham! Wonderful info! I wonder how built-up they were before they got to Longbridge - parts must have gone by train. Later bodies were made by Fisher and Ludlow in Birmingham. I did not know that Austin did not press their own panels.

The A30 is a nice little car - this example looks to be in 1970's condition when I had one. I had a 35 too - less powerful but the 30 felt slightly more vintage and better made.

My first car was a 2 door A30. I put a stage 2 tuned head on it and used it for club 12 car rallys. I used to have bruises on my spine from the metal reinforcing in the driver's seat where I had to press so hard on the brake pedal because of competition linings. PXH898 I think it was.

As you were!

Apologies if this has been posted already.  I try to stay out of this thread as much as possible, for fear of the bleeding inevitable happening.

1985 Citroen CX 25 Pallas for sale For Sale (picture 4 of 6)

1985 Citroen CX 25 Pallas for sale For Sale (picture 2 of 6)

Proper money. But then it looks like a proper example to my relatively untrained eye!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1152849

All the brown cows and fuel economy! What more could you ask for?

4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

FML.  Why am I considering a W124 when similar money gets something that will win every single round of Top Trumps?

Mate:  "Interior - Brazil"

Me:  "HAHAHA - I WIN"

nLG56edH.png

B4gzL1sR.png

Best still, you can just wipe off your offerings.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Apologies if this has been posted already.  I try to stay out of this thread as much as possible, for fear of the bleeding inevitable happening.

1985 Citroen CX 25 Pallas for sale For Sale (picture 4 of 6)

1985 Citroen CX 25 Pallas for sale For Sale (picture 2 of 6)

Proper money. But then it looks like a proper example to my relatively untrained eye!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1152849

Going to be difficult to go and view that at the moment. Seller's had this one on his books for almost a year. 

EDIT: and it looks like it might be on metric alloys, which is a no-no for me. Find a set of 6x14s in the same style. The rest of it looks fine; I wonder how the "bathroom scales" instruments might be retrofitted to the S2......?

2 hours ago, abelw44 said:

1973 Mercedes 600 Pullman for 85 squids!!

Owner needs honey, apparently, so that could be  a good bargaining tactic for any closet beekeepers on here. Get it for £50 maybe.

Will ship anywhere in the world, apparently, for the right amount of honey.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1225950

Try and bargain them down to £80