eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

8 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

There was a thread on this one of anti-social media a few weeks ago. They got it running and it sounded ok. The son of the owner added a photo of it just before storage and it appeared to be really tidy. 

Got a link?  Just out of curiosity mind.

21 minutes ago, RobT said:

Got a link?  Just out of curiosity mind.

I can't find it. The chap selling doesn't ring any bells though. It looks as though it was last taxed in 1996. I've just googled the plate and it looks as though it was sold cheaply around a decade ago but remained in storage. Weird. It certainly looks really solid though- message the seller and see what he says...

Screenshot_20200509-230515_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, RobT said:

Blimey. MoTd it sold for £660 in 2011.

Edit: scrub that, it couldn't have been as it's not on the DVLA site.

I was keenly observing the Brightwells sales back then, and whoever bought it for £660 got themselves a steal. Unfortunately it looks like they got bored with it after discovering other things.

Right, I've done a bit more digging. You're in luck- turns out the seller is the same fella who shared it online a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere in amongst the comments is a photo shared by the son of the previous owner apparently. It's been cleaned up and is running well, allegedly. 

Buy it...?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/386501541463902?view=permalink&id=2882233551890676

Edit again: The seller is doing it on behalf of rhe long term owner. The long term owner is selling as he stored it when he got into race cars and shifted his interests. 

Here's the chap..

Screenshot_20200509-232835_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200509-232843_Facebook.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Right, I've done a bit more digging. You're in luck- turns out the seller is the same fella who shared it online a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere in amongst the comments is a photo shared by the son of the previous owner apparently. It's been cleaned up and is running well, allegedly. 

Buy it...?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/386501541463902?view=permalink&id=2882233551890676

Edit again: The seller is doing it on behalf of rhe long term owner. The long term owner is selling as he stored it when he got into race cars and shifted his interests. 

Here's the chap..

Screenshot_20200509-232835_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200509-232843_Facebook.jpg

You've jogged my memory of those crazy days at the Ro80 Club GB. This car used to live outside 18 The Avenue in Kilburn. I took several photos of it when I discovered it was there.

EDIT to add: if I had the cash to spare, and travel wasn't restricted, I'd be heading to Bradford this week to view it and make a realistic offer. This is a car I had seen in the past - it was pretty good back then - and I had wondered what happened to it. Would be grand to bring it back here.

Unfortunately I don't get paid for my casework until the end of this month.

11 hours ago, 11001010 said:

A respray colour matched to the steering wheel and that would be quite nice.

11 hours ago, spike60 said:

“Ideal for a 6R4 build”, compared to what? A pink XJ40?

I'm sorry, but what a moron this guy is, could sell it for about £1500 instead of banger racing it:

Braking don't offer me £400 because you won't buy it will brake for more and I can smash it to peace's after...

I don't understand what goes on inside the mind of people like this.

1627327513_WAL904N(1).thumb.jpg.52d7c4be5adab13ab20b4443eb155206.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/612858389288215

3 minutes ago, spike60 said:

I am partial to an old Opel though i can't say I like the "improvements"  much on this one, nor the sellers patter.

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-OPEL-ASCONA-A-SERIES-1-6-MEGA-RARE-SUPERB-ALL-ROUND-JUST-DELIGHTFUL/274360808503?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Get rid of the rims and replace them with standard steelies off Leboncoin (where car parts are cheaper), & you've got a nice Opel.

10 minutes ago, spike60 said:

I am partial to an old Opel though i can't say I like the "improvements"  much on this one, nor the sellers patter.

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-OPEL-ASCONA-A-SERIES-1-6-MEGA-RARE-SUPERB-ALL-ROUND-JUST-DELIGHTFUL/274360808503?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

7 minutes ago, Austat said:

Get rid of the rims and buy some standard steelies off Leboncoin (where car parts are cheaper), & you've got a nice Opel.

And social distancing means you will be less tempted to knee the cockfondling prisspoodle seller in the nuts.  

That listing plumbs new depths of horseshit.

1 hour ago, Semi-C said:

I’ve said it before, but we’ll all be kicking ourselves for not buying things like this in a few years. “Last of the proper Mercs”  will be bandied around in adverts , the rusty ones will all have been scrapped and we’ll be saying “ Remember in the great plague lockdown of 2020 when you could have bought an immaculate W210 for a Grand?”

Stil not going to buy one mind.

1 hour ago, Austat said:

I'm sorry, but what a moron this guy is, could sell it for about £1500 instead of banger racing it

reading the advert made my eyes hurt.

My spelling isn't the best but there's no excuse for this; and the banger racing community - well some of them- are always wondering why they've got a bad name as knuckle dragging halfwits.