eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Austat said:

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

Oooohhhh.

NBO 662M, last taxed in 1996.  Looks like it just needs a wash and a service though.  Would, if I could cope with another project.

As a member of the former Ro80 Club GB, I think I still have a record of who owned it.

Located in Bradford, so no surprise, as most Ro80 owners back then seemed to be either based up North or in Surrey.

"Serious offers welcome" - don't like the sound of that. Seller will have his own distorted idea of what a serious offer is, and any potential buyer will be a lot lower as it will need a bit of work to get the engine running again, never mind the other important bits. Ne'er the twain shall meet.

Bookmarked it anyway.

22 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

As a member of the former Ro80 Club GB, I think I still have a record of who owned it.

Located in Bradford, so no surprise, as most Ro80 owners back then seemed to be either based up North or in Surrey.

"Serious offers welcome" - don't like the sound of that. Seller will have his own distorted idea of what a serious offer is, and any potential buyer will be a lot lower as it will need a bit of work to get the engine running again, never mind the other important bits. Ne'er the twain shall meet.

Bookmarked it anyway.

There was a thread on this one of anti-social media a few weeks ago. They got it running and it sounded ok. The son of the owner added a photo of it just before storage and it appeared to be really tidy. 

1 minute ago, Dick Longbridge said:

There was a thread on this one of anti-social media a few weeks ago. They got it running and it sounded ok. The son of the owner added a photo of it just before storage and it appeared to be really tidy. 

You’re really not helping.

4 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

There was a thread on this one of anti-social media a few weeks ago. They got it running and it sounded ok....

They needed Phil Blake's help to get it running, as I remember. Most people have not much idea.

3 hours ago, Austat said:

I think these were giving @wuvvum and @Mr_Bo11ox the horn on a regular basis?

16 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

It was last on ebay on 26th March at £4,500, a good valet and long write up make it look more attractive clearly to those with plenty of money. His description could be better as it has Verona cloth not Durham. Nice car though,

FORD GRANADA 2.8 GHIA CLASSIC COLLECTORS SHOW CAR RARE SUPERB MK2 

See original listing
FORD-GRANADA-2-8-GHIA-CLASSIC-COLLECTORS-SHOW-CAR-RARE-SUPERB-MK2
Item Ended

Condition:
Used

Ended:
26 Mar, 2020 14:42:09 GMT

Starting bid:
£4,500.00
0 bids ]

Postage:
Free collection in person

Item location:
eton wick, United Kingdom

Seller:

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m not knocking the enterprise that goes into spotting where a bit of value can be added with some effort. There’s plenty of room for flipping for profit in this world.

I like a well set out and informative listing as much as the next person but a good 50% of that listing is just flim flam.

In the good old days of printed weekly sales rags when you generally paid  per word, there was beauty in economy. In that instance I doubt very much whether The Doctor, as the seller, would have proceeded to give you chapter and verse model history when you called to ask if the car is still available. 

I question the veracity of such detailed history in the listing of a 40-plus year old car that has passed through a number of hands. I simply don’t buy it. Literally and metaphorically.  You’ve called out the upholstery as an error. What else could there be?

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood today, although I’ll just about forgive The Doctor for incorrect use of apostrophes throughout the listing and for incorrect use of “warrantee”. 

eta  - apologies. This post is more suited to the grumpy thread. It adds no value to this one. Just needed to vent.

Edited by supermellowman
Apologies. Probably better suited to another thread.

Volvo-264GL

Such a sad face. Ebay link

For a brief moment I thought this was a bit of “old money” but it’s a Cypriot plate which I should have spotted.  @eddyramrod would have clocked straight away. The car is still in Nicosia. Quote of £500 to ship seems reasonable in the context of a £750 quote I had recently to transport a car from Ireland. 
Edited by supermellowman
Add link

On 5/9/2020 at 7:41 PM, supermellowman said:

Volvo-264GL

Such a sad face. Ebay link

For a brief moment I thought this was a bit of “old money” but it’s a Cypriot plate which I should have spotted.  @eddyramrod would have clocked straight away. The car is still in Nicosia. Quote of £500 to ship seems reasonable in the context of a £750 quote I had recently to transport a car from Ireland. 

I would take his shipping estimate with a large pinch of salt!  However if I were still over there, I would love to take that on.