eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Austat said:

Wow, that’s a 1.3S. Super rare.

Worth saving, hope it doesn’t get filleted for its engine by Mini types — but that’s the most likely outcome.

Lockdown prevents me doing much to help; I can’t even access my trailer.

1 hour ago, Asimo said:

Capitalise on the disaster of the 2010 SDSR - scrapping of some of the most remarkable aircraft ever made so we can buy some fancy new carriers with planes (have they even arrived yet?) with 3* the cost per flight hour.

Arnold Schwarzenegger loved his:

https://youtu.be/jxuaMO05PX4

4 hours ago, Asimo said:

Reading through that , one of the suggested uses apart from displays, flight experiences etc, is “ military contract work” !! WTF ? I naively thought these dodgy contractors and mercenaries used old Landcruisers and Kalashnikovs to support dodgy regimes..

57 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Reading through that , one of the suggested uses apart from displays, flight experiences etc, is “ military contract work” !! WTF ? I naively thought these dodgy contractors and mercenaries used old Landcruisers and Kalashnikovs to support dodgy regimes..

Some guy in the US has just bought the entire fleet of Ex Australian air force Hornet trainers as part of a private fleet. The US miltary hires this guys’ company to act as the enemy in training scenarios. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32869/this-man-owns-the-worlds-most-advanced-private-air-force-after-buying-46-f-a-18-hornets

1 hour ago, Alan Prost said:

It’s not that I hate it, I mean imagine watching country file and suddenly thinking..... I wonder if the front of my Mitsubishi that I totalled would go on the Jumbuck..... 

Or, I wonder if the front of my evo will fit on the front of the jumbuck I totalled.?

1 hour ago, Rod/b said:

Some guy in the US has just bought the entire fleet of Ex Australian air force Hornet trainers as part of a private fleet. The US miltary hires this guys’ company to act as the enemy in training scenarios. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32869/this-man-owns-the-worlds-most-advanced-private-air-force-after-buying-46-f-a-18-hornets

Who ever thought a failed submission for a 1970s USAF lightweight fighter would have had such a long  career? 

Also, I found an article on there about Agressor F16s being painted in the latest Soviet schemes reminds me of the "what-if" paint schemes from my airfix days. My favourite was a Berkut painted in Flanker colours with some of its missiles.

29 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

Who ever thought a failed submission for a 1970s USAF lightweight fighter would have had such a long  career? 

Also, I found an article on there about Agressor F16s being painted in the latest Soviet schemes reminds me of the "what-if" paint schemes from my airfix days. My favourite was a Berkut painted in Flanker colours with some of its missiles.

Look a bit deeper on that one, most of the training prior to conflict action is now carried out by private companies in the US, aside from training private is the way the world now. In Iraq it was US forces as the largest consignment followed by US civilians with Private helicopters etc, war is big business ?

On Arsebook. I remember a local farmer owned one of the first E plates years ago - I'd hazard a guess that E plates are pretty much extinct now,  closely followed by F plates. XUD derv I'd assume, and looks bloody lovely for a smidge over 1k. Local Cornish plate, so it's never strayed far.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2876782185704736/

Screenshot_20200425-203403_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200425-203413_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200425-203418_Facebook.jpg

3 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

You mean you've never though of starting up your own Private Military Company? Once you've bought yourself some T62, Chieftains or even M60's, you surly have to expand to supply air support...

12CBA3ED-9AB4-4E79-9111-206C5FBA0300.thumb.png.1358cb6095efd4eb41d40a5de2198daf.png

Can you guess what this is ? And if you can , is there any reason not to buy it?
Clue: If @Skizzer, @Angrydicky and @Stevebrookman we’re the board of directors, I could be the area sales manager.

It was on this thread a few days ago , to make it more appealing it’s only a couple of miles from me, heck it was only built 20 miles away.

28 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

12CBA3ED-9AB4-4E79-9111-206C5FBA0300.thumb.png.1358cb6095efd4eb41d40a5de2198daf.png

Can you guess what this is ? And if you can , is there any reason not to buy it?
Clue: If @Skizzer, @Angrydicky and @Stevebrookman we’re the board of directors, I could be the area sales manager.

It was on this thread a few days ago , to make it more appealing it’s only a couple of miles from me, heck it was only built 20 miles away.

Oo! Is it yellow?

If so, I can’t think of any reason whatsoever not to buy it. It would be fantastic to have one of these in the family.