eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 minutes ago, hairnet said:

that used to happen here - regd the date it came in not the date made 

87 is the irish plate change too maybe thats got summat to do with it

As far as I know they stopped that practice in the mid 80s, definitely before the 87 plate format was introduced anyway. 

It used to be common practise to buy your car in November or December, drive it home unregistered and wait until the new year to tax it, thus getting a slightly newer year on the plate - but you'd not get away with it for 8 or 9 years! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Scenic-Rx4/254573623248?hash=item3b45c537d0:g:lY0AAOSwebVenCyW

Just in case you were in any doubt of its off road ability - here is a photo of it down Southport beach

s-l1600.jpg

And here is a photo of it on a grassy knoll

s-l1600.jpg

Selling as It sudenly stoped,

On 4/17/2020 at 9:47 AM, Asimo said:

These early Ami 6's are fetching big money now....Check online....£10-12K when restored...

O RLY? I suppose it helps justify asking nearly three grand for a car that needs a significant amount of work to become roadworthy. That's not much less than my (earlier) one cost...

35 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

Good looking Carina, buyer said high miles....211K, just run in Shirley? £650 start no reserve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-TOYOTA-CARINA-E-CDX-1-8-16V-12-MTHS-MOT-HIGH-MILES/383510550543?hash=item594b02980f:g:iBoAAOSwTeRenHiv

s-l1600.jpg

The 1.8 vvtis inherited their oil burning from these earlier, 7A-FEs. Common topic among the T200 Celica fraternity. If it's lasted this long I guess it's ok?

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

Good looking Carina, buyer said high miles....211K, just run in Shirley? £650 start no reserve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-TOYOTA-CARINA-E-CDX-1-8-16V-12-MTHS-MOT-HIGH-MILES/383510550543?hash=item594b02980f:g:iBoAAOSwTeRenHiv

I think all 999 of the N...PPJ series ended up on various Toyotas and Lexuseseseses*. I've owned one, have photographed one or two others and a number of press cars were in the same series.

*I don't really think that, I may be exaggerating.

53 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

The 1.8 vvtis inherited their oil burning from these earlier, 7A-FEs. Common topic among the T200 Celica fraternity. If it's lasted this long I guess it's ok?

Mine doesn't seem to use any oil.  Mind you it has done almost 1/3 of the mileage of that one.

Mine is also a lowly GLi so doesn't get the wood* on the dash, and my upholstery is not quite as vicious.

8 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

image.png.81ecf9077336eff309e2c2175cab8232.png

I'm absolutely certain this was a forum car.  I seem to remember the owner doing a run to Stansted in it (I can remember shit like this but not what I had for dinner last night).

Any ideas?

Its a barn find car, was covered in dust and was with a blue 220 turbo and a few other spares. Not sure how long it was tucked away before this new owner has bought it to sell on.