eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Some graffiti piss-artist who painted over the landmark "Give Peas A Chance" graffiti (itself a few decades old) on the Chiltern Line viaduct over the M25.

Even “Give ...A Chance” was fairly recent. It just said PEAS for years and years

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

How can these not have been a success?  Why would anyone have  chosen a soddin'  XJ6 over one of these?  Just look at it!

3 hours ago, Rod/b said:

Don’t think so. The previous owner of this car, the magnificent Droitwich Lloyd,  unfortunately died a year ago (this week in fact) before he got a chance to enjoy it. The 3 litre ended up with this dealer. Subsequently the car was flooded In the Snaith floods earlier this March. I heard that this firm lost a lot of stock.

Ahh, fair enough then. It just looks one hell of a lot of car for (compared to the usual price of them) a small amount of money.

1 hour ago, busmansholiday said:

When it comes to optimism, putting a clamp on this because you're worried somebody will nick it is taking the piss.

Probably worried someone will steal the clamp.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-mondeo-ghia/223970208040?hash=item3425aa2928:g:DO4AAOSwgaxejd1D

s-l1600.jpg

Been stored since 2005 when the cambelt snapped. 1.8 diesel so guaranteed N-GIN DESTROCTION LOLZ and has 'one small rust patch' but bumpers are intact so probably worth £100 price for them alone. The interior WILL give you all the diseases though.

I bet this guy is 100% mr Trebus if he has hoarded a broken car that was worth buttons then for 15 years!

12 hours ago, Asimo said:

How can these not have been a success?  Why would anyone have  chosen a soddin'  XJ6 over one of these?  Just look at it!

That was the problem once Jaguar amalgamated with BMC to form British Motor Holdings in late 1966.  The 3-litre didn't get the love it deserved as Jags were the big cars and BMC were running up big losses by then so there was no money.

16 minutes ago, Austat said:

I must admit I am interested in period modified cars with era-matching add-ons, todays restomods have to much modern tat in them. This was interesting, a Beetle Showcar from the 80's:

85029567_10217446199079871_2893460368565207040_n.thumb.jpg.559d43dbab178d284d89128a49893be7.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/227749471561383

"The car draws a lot of attention". Parking it must be fun.

16 minutes ago, Austat said:

I must admit I am interested in period modified cars with era-matching add-ons, todays restomods have to much modern tat in them. This was interesting, a Beetle Showcar from the 80's:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/227749471561383

Looks like it started life as a 1303 / Super Beetle. 

It's a God-awful small affair
To the Rover with the careful repair 
But her owner is yelling no
And her mechanic  has told her to go
But her friends are nowhere to be seen
Now she drives through her TV dream
To the seat with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the silver screen
But the film is a saddening bore
For she's lived it ten times or more
She could spit coolant in the eyes of fools
As they ask her to focus on