eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

spacer.png

COVID 19 is coming, this a perfect zombie fleeing machine for the whole family.

spacer.png

As long as it doesn't go on for too long looking at them arches.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Delica-1995-L400-Super-Exceed-Space-Gear-SWB-7-seater-4X4-auto-2-8-TD/254543261433?hash=item3b43f5eef9:g:7LEAAOSwijBeU6VA

That Sierra is a good argument for my theory of crap old cars being geographically pulled together. Put one horrid old shitbox in your garden under a tarp, and before you know it the neighbours have followed suit. Despite what one may think from that photograph, this theory trancends socio-economic boundaries and is just as applicable in Knightsbridge as it is Peckham

16 hours ago, inconsistant said:

I read too many Ford dealer brochures in the late 70s and early 80s so I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that's an L and not a base because the base model didn't have the double trim line along the sills. 

The base Cortina gained the stripes during the W reg period, with the L getting side mouldings at the same time.  So it could be base or L.

2 hours ago, BaronRomero said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264664825714

Wow.

Anybody explain the Cooper type S thing? 

No, it's been on eBay on and off for ages and the current owner knows nothing of it's history so we'll probably never know now. 

I think, years ago in the past, in a DVLA office long since closed, someone simply made a mistake and it (somehow) never got corrected.

I like this.  Crazy and fun. In a Mad Max way. Tax and MoT exempt apparently...yippeee ULEZ exempt. Just the thing for next year...but...

20200317_175454.thumb.jpg.867868313fe4653a0cb168a697c55aa3.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333543371307

Then I looked at it more closely. The registration is for a '47 Austin 10. There is no Austin 10 in this at all I can see - the 10 had a semi-unitary body so it can't incorporate chassis parts.  This is what a '47 10 looks like...

20200317_183626.jpg.9b5c7168db919d1b8f03f0ea3d37fa63.jpg

It is taxed under the 1125cc engine at the moment as (probably) Historic Tax Free - but the chassis/drivetrain/wheelbase is surely all Nissan - and the body Ford 60's. V5 is currently away for amendment but it surely can't deserve the 47 plate? Its an 80's Patrol with a Ford body. Anyway good luck to the owner. I also wonder what happened to the 47 Austin? Does that still exist or is this a logbook job dreamt up from something found at an autojumble on a car long gone? I'm not sure - I would not like to get stopped by VOSA claiming tax and MoT exemption.  It would make some Wombles day.

Bit like those D-Type Jags - 'authentic' cars created from the wing of a car crashed and crushed 60 years ago or where they take a Vintage Bentley and share the parts out between two cars...all very complicated. ? Not for me. If it was more straightforward I might have gone to have a look but its just not worth the grief.

20200317_175519.thumb.jpg.5512f69b5161b179d51408066258a279.jpg