eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

12 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

87326357_213199569801870_566577495684415

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/640037946745087/

What Lancia model is this? Its £390 anyway in Leeds. Romanian plates. Frumosa!!!!

12 hours ago, bramz7 said:

Lybra. Tempting but had a right nightmare trying to get a quote for a Kappa years ago. 

Plate shows up as a Vauxhall Combo Van on DVLA!

Just now, bramz7 said:

@Tadhg Tiogar Romanian plates have the same format layout as ours, that won't be a UK plate reused.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but it's amusing to type in the Romanian numbers and see if there's a British duplicate. Likewise "BV 16 HTX" on a 'goona estate near me also shows up as a Mazda MX-5 on DVLA.

3 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

check out the Mazda Netabulb above it tho! :)

15 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Jesus, that is bloody awful and I like both scooters and Quadrophenia.

Is that meant to be Leslie Ash?

If so, here she is in all her quadrophenic glory to redress matters.

2fb1da3ad89d35dad7d67d5723887d28.jpg

2 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Autoshite - where a shonky Sierra estate is overshadowed by a lightbulb ( literally) 

normal_IMG20120407_018.jpg

haha :) 

I sadly don't have any examples in the collection they are quite rare these days, but where actually manufactured into the early 1990s IIRC :) 

(GE may have even continued making them into the 2000s but not under the netabulb name)

the mushroom shapes comes from the fact that it was discovered that filling a bulb with Krypton gas lead to an increase in efficiency etc (thats where those Krypton torch bulbs come from :) ), however krypton is a very expensive gas, so they developed the mushroom shape to reduce the volume of the bulb while retaining certain properties (lightbulbs are lightbulb shaped for a reason!)

however the netabulb does not use a krypton gas filling they had a normal 85% argon 15% nitrogen gas filling at about atmospheric pressure that regular 240V incandescent lamps use, they simply capitalised on the unusual bulb shape! and also employed a white opaque coating of very small titanium dioxide particles which causes rayleigh scattering (aka the thing that causes the sky to be blue) and as such causes the light from the filament to appear warmer more diffused and more pleasing

16 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-DODGE-50-TURBO-WAS-A-SHOW-VEHICLE-DRIVES-EXCELENT-11000-MILES/264530899228

This is cool as fuck, apart from the steering wheel. £3000 which seems cheap but its been for sale with about half a dozen different people for like a year or whatever

I can see this being quite a decent steer with the turbo engine [and a proper steering wheel] - only 110bhp but a shitload more torque than the N/A Phaser (which is pretty torquey itself).  Oddly though the top speed on these is lower than the N/A versions, as the rev limiter is set at 2,600rpm rather than 2,800 (although I would imagine that could be tweaked if you know what you're doing).

2 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Remarkable.

Amusing how the name Mazda is shared between a lightbulb maker and a car maker.

I also note there is a type of bulb called R80/RO80!

if you browse the youtube channel that video is from you can find even more adverts for the netabulb (and the netaline) :) 

indeed it is amusing but its also very annoying!, because you cant find crap on ebay thanks to it! LOL (you search mazda lamp and all you get is car parts!)

the Mazda name comes from when in the early 1900's the tungsten lamp was invented, GE wanted a new name for their version of this much improved lamp, and someone came up with the name Mazda (which is the name of the God of Light or something sucH)

as such the Mazda brand name for Light Bulbs predates the Mazda car company by a good 10-20 years!

(and the Mazda name made its way over here via BTH, British Thomson-Houston a subsidiary of GE, that eventually fell into entirely british ownership via AEI (associated electrical industries) and ended up being owned by Thorn, and then in the early 1990's GE bought thorns lighting division!)

On 2/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, Alan_Green said:

Only 2 hours to go.  Still £500.  Still badly listed.  Still Oldham.  Still 10 months MOT.  Still would.