eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-2-6-V6-Estate/383412116295?hash=item5945249b47:g:0S0AAOSwNAVePpJ7

'I'm not sure what it's worth but would appreciate  any advice on what it's worth'

£1,500 'Buy it now'

Not that much M8.

1 hour ago, Retr0naut said:

That's Dan Pearcey at Wolsey House offloading that. He has or had a barn full of 40+ CXs in various states of repair, all covered in dust. This may be one of them.

4 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

^^^One for the "Cars to put away" thread if there was one

I mean we all wish we’d put away couple of MK 1 Mexico’s, a 3dr Cossie and POO505R but do we really think there will be much of a market for ST170 Estates in 2040 or 2050?

As an aside what a lovely looking car/colour combo. Almost not shite, but then again Focus.

16 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Why not? It's probably the equivalent of a Mexico and rare even now.

I agree with both statements, however I just feel that what with the banning of new sales from 2035 then certainly by 2050 the infrastructure for benzine/derv passenger vehicles in the UK will be depreciating rapidly which will impact the middle/bottom end of the collector market badly imo.

Also the collector market for a Mexico is propped up by the race/rally market which love these things... not sure an ST170, let alone the estate, will have such a popularity base.

I would be delighted to be wrong.

21 hours ago, BeEP said:

I suspect the subsequent owner has swapped it for the interior in one of his others and just thrown whatever he had left into it.  No front carpets, badly split passenger's seat, dashboard and all plastic trim broken or ill-fitting.  As with most of his other cars it was stored on grass, which has doubtless contributed to the welding now needed.  Not sure when he sold it on, although I notice it's never been MOTd again. I suspect it will still make a fair bit more than I sold it for though!

S. H. ?

7 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

If that Mk1 MR2 is genuine and up for £3k I'm fully expecting to see it relisted in a new location for £10k before the end of the month.

I’m pretty sure it was for sale a couple of years back. It had been laid up after a respray under a cover which caused micro blisters all over it, so it may not be quite as good as it looks. It must be that one as Mk1a’s in that colour were rare as rocking horse shit when they were current. If it’s solid I don’t think it’s daft money but that’s a very big if. Oh, and BRADFORD so signs are not good!

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That's Dan Pearcey at Wolsey House offloading that. He has or had a barn full of 40+ CXs in various states of repair, all covered in dust. This may be one of them.

Yes, they had my old cx at one stage after roger Bradford sold it on in 2006.  Later advertised as a “ good solid useable car”.  I don’t know that they didn’t do the welding needed, but it hasn’t passed an mot since. The CX world is a very small one now.

Judging by the the ripeness of it, I'm suspicious of the MOT history (2015 expiry?!). Looks like its been stored in a shrub.  Still, R5 Monacos are almost at dodo status, let alone a sub 50k mile, manual 1.7 specimen, so I don;t doubt it'll still make strong coin.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/renault-5-monaco-1-7cc/143527496045

I have had this fiat cinquecento sporting in dry storage for last 6 months. The M.O.T has since run out but it does start and drive.. things required for mot are new windscreen wiper mechanism, front n/s shock and rust holes in rear wheel arches.. selling as spares and repairs.. would like to se someone give her some TLC and get her back on the road.. open to offers above 100 or she will be collected by scrap man in next couple of weeks.. have paperwork and V5 doc.. collect from eltham south east london

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/163339238298801/

83996548_10157262280592428_7438860305582

Would be nice to save? Anyone?

At £300 rather than £600 this would be a good one to keep alive too. I wonder if we need a thread for potential AS group buys? Ummm. Or is that just trouble waiting to happen.

Although seller's profile full of pics of dead animals. I guess it goes with the territory. AND HE WRITES IN CAPS.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2391345060970956/

85024691_10220087144705610_3094240829703

84316184_10220087144745611_6121283820864

2 hours ago, dc2100k said:

do we really think there will be much of a market for ST170 Estates in 2040 or 2050?

I think so; they were pretty rare when new, and we all know OSF tax is continuing apace. Focuses of the sporting variety, ST's and Rs's will be popular in years to come, currently the ST170's are in limbo, lots have been bummed for parts for other "classics" like Capris and Cortinas, others have reached the price level where they're owned by people who wear their trousers round their arses and stick them into ditches.

As you said, hindsight re RWD Escoerts and stuff is a wonderful thing, I could have paid my mortgage off had I decided / been able to keep all the MK3/4/5 Cortinas and Mk1&2 Granadas me and the team raced back in the day. Then, they were £50 a go from Loot or dragged out of someone's front garden, just like MK1 & 2 Mondeos are now - seemingly endless supply and worthless.

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Something like only 200 of these in RHD or thereabouts? I’ve only ever seen one in the metal. 

I don't think they'll ever be serious coin. 

I had one of these 7 years ago and paid less than 2 grand for it, It was bitterly disappointing then for a car which was meant to be put up against the golf gti and other hot hatches of that era. 

Focus RS mk1 of the same vintage came out at the same time. Which are now doing 20 grand. Same lukewarm hatch with a measily 170 bhp are still only round a grand now. They weren't a million miles off the price off an RS when new so  in comparison to values now, so never gonna be a fortune for  mint example.