eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Early diesel Mondeo hiding away in the spares section.  Probably a decent buy if you can get it for the £500 start bid.

s-l1600.jpg

They need fucking off and replacing with some BritishImperial ones instead.

Can someone please pull the trigger on this before I do something stupid? 

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-fs1e-1976-Unfinished-Project/223894819711?hash=item34212bd37f:g:5NsAAOSwVDJeOtTC

Best colour they came in, imho.

'One of only 2 left in circulation we believe.'

Oh good, you won't have fucking ruined it then , will you?

s-l1600.jpg

Image result for sarcastic face"

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-vintage-retro-classic-RARE-caravan/184156019044?hash=item2ae08dd964:g:yvsAAOSw1kxeNbwi

'Beautiful' 

ASFUCKOFF.thumb.jpg.dc2512316495a9ab6d921e8aad2cc344.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/116678293102693/

looks fuggin briliant, has correct number of cylinders, will be proper comfortable in proper velour seats........

84898965_10162876108965587_4042486299179876352_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=uUmLNScPeXIAX8HK7r-&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=b792564077827ff13bdc595a074bcfe6&oe=5EBC1541

it will get its arse handed to it in the traffic light grand prix by a modern POS bmw diesel....

BUT i'd rather have the SD1 any day of the week.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERKELEY-T60-fitted-with-Mini-1275-GT-Engine-Subframe/293462002746?hash=item4453b2cc3a:g:lDIAAOSw3SdeOzQS

''full weather equipment'

s-l1600.jpg

That's looks about as effective as Jordan trying to cover her hippo's yawn with her flaps.

38 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERKELEY-T60-fitted-with-Mini-1275-GT-Engine-Subframe/293462002746?hash=item4453b2cc3a:g:lDIAAOSw3SdeOzQS

''full weather equipment'

s-l1600.jpg

That's looks about as effective as Jordan trying to cover her hippo's yawn with her flaps.

At least it's a looker.

Oh, wait...

84574538.jpg

6 hours ago, MrSchwifty said:

I have no issue with someone making a buck. But the asking price is considerably more than the auction end price, an auction that had plenty of bids and much interest - considering what these normally exchange hands for it wasn't exactly a steal, more about market price (by my reckoning anyway).

To do sod all to it and then claim an additional £1.5k just seems a bit bloody cheeky to me. But I suppose its down to whether it sells or not - if it goes for that then clearly it is worth that to someone!

Selling cars is a funny old game. 

Take houses for example, rip a shit kitchen out, paint it white, put a £200 bathroom in and £500's worth of carpets and add £20k to the value. Expected and totally OK. Let's face it now you can check the price of what the house was bought and sold for over the last 20 years, they rarely go at a loss. 

Antiques? Buy something at auction and shove a 50%mark up on it, nobody bat's an eyelid. 

Ebay shit from China, buy and sell and make a few bob? Great work. 

But by god buy a car and make a few quid on it? How dare they!!! 

Now I don't just use this fella as an example I use it from my own experiences of buying and selling, albeit very much part time, over the last 25years. I've argued with "friends", neighbours and even family members through them thinking that I've made a few bob out of them but in truth unless you show someone that you're making a loss on a car, they're not happy so I just started letting people think that in the end. I've had great luck with cars using my knowledge and contacts to make a bit of money and also lost out big time on cars where I've taken a bit of a gamble. 

It's not worth what someone is willing to pay for it, because what I'm "willing to pay" and someone else is "willing to pay" maybe wildly different, it's worth what the seller wants to let it go for, it's his property now and nobody can force him to sell for less than he wants to but it appears he might want to sell it for more, good luck to him, who cares? 

It's s like collecting your wages when you know you've not put a really good shift in, you don't go to your boss and offer him the money back!!!!! 

4 hours ago, Bigman1207 said:

Ebay berlingo . . Car runs and drives perfectly?  Can you see the issue?

Screenshot_20200205-192436_eBay.jpg

To be fair I had an Astra estate with exactly that issue, in fact it used to wander all over the shop, even with the wiring disconnected to the temp sensor it didn't cure it. I suspected a clock issue but it never bothered me, didn't have a second of trouble with it. 

French wiring would be my guess!!! 

7 hours ago, vaughant said:

Take houses for example, rip a shit kitchen out, paint it white, put a £200 bathroom in and £500's worth of carpets and add £20k to the value. Expected and totally OK. Let's face it now you can check the price of what the house was bought and sold for over the last 20 years, they rarely go at a loss. 

Antiques? Buy something at auction and shove a 50%mark up on it, nobody bat's an eyelid. 

Now I don't just use this fella as an example I use it from my own experiences of buying and selling, albeit very much part time, over the last 25years. I've argued with "friends", neighbours and even family members through them thinking that I've made a few bob out of them but in truth unless you show someone that you're making a loss on a car, they're not happy so I just started letting people think that in the end. I've had great luck with cars using my knowledge and contacts to make a bit of money and also lost out big time on cars where I've taken a bit of a gamble. 

It's not worth what someone is willing to pay for it, because what I'm "willing to pay" and someone else is "willing to pay" maybe wildly different, it's worth what the seller wants to let it go for, it's his property now and nobody can force him to sell for less than he wants to but it appears he might want to sell it for more, good luck to him, who cares? 

It's s like collecting your wages when you know you've not put a really good shift in, you don't go to your boss and offer him the money back!!!!! 

Very true indeed. I stand here humbled and feeling rather silly!

9 hours ago, vaughant said:

Take houses for example, rip a shit kitchen out, paint it white, put a £200 bathroom in and £500's worth of carpets and add £20k to the value. Expected and toimmediately Let's face it now you can c heck the price of what the house was bought and sold for over the last 20 years, they rarely go at a loss. 

Have a look at Salvage Rebuilds UK on YouTube. He has no problem selling the cars and bikes he repairs. Is open and honest about his total costs are and how much (pre tax) profit he makes. And the cars are all sold almost immediately he puts them up for sale.

Suppose thats what comes from making decent videos and being honest