eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

52 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

39k mile Sunny with 12 months MOT for 975 quid from the Fiat dealer...

49355516993_7cf0aa0ed5_z.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1043421156006230/

That looks like a total gem. MOT history is excellent, no fails or advisories for rust or corrosion at all.

I wonder what it was traded in against.

2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Aside from the glaringly obvious, this looks class

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cargo-3828/202873710144?hash=item2f3c372640:g:tJIAAOSwb4VeFtwV

Those wheels make it look totes out of proportion (saying nothing of the hopeless pictures this computer generates) but still an ace looking thing. 

That is class!

29 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Have you got a link to the Invacars, please?

unless you mean this seriously, in which case I dont know of any Model 70's currently for sale (actually I do but one is in Florida the other is in Sweden)

but I could potentially try convince someone I know to sell one or 2 if you are genuinely interested and promise to be a good home for them :) 

38 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

What sort of money do Model 70s or equivalent fetch nowadays, in a similar sort of condition to what yours and / or Wobbler's were in when purchased?

Purely out of curiosity obvs.

thats always a fun question!

its basically a bit of a crap shoot, it depends if you can find the right buyer, then you can flog them for some pretty silly amounts that I do not approve of in the slightest

as well documented in my thread, people buying and selling Invacars for profit as their main intention make me very unhappy*, especially when they claim that's not what they are doing, when its obvious they are doing just that! im looking at you Fraser!

it also takes them out of the reach of other genuine enthusiasts

but if you do your sleuthing like I did etc, you can find one like mine for about £1K or so

(REV cost me £950+£100 to take her to the FoD, but the thing is the Seller knew he could get more for REV if he wanted to, but he wanted to make sure they went to a good home and to an enthusiast who understood them and what they where etc, not just to someone who would sell them on for profit or someone buying it just for the LOLs to do something silly with)

the TL;DR is between 2017-2019 I have seen Model 70's sell from £100 to £5000, so yeah!

*my only exception to this rule would be if you or someone here bought an Invacar and then once you where done with it if you made sure to sell it someone else on this forum, as I know there are good homes for Invacars to be found on this forum (or at least I like to think so!)

(even if the other half of the forum is vehemently sick of them, because I wont shut up about them I do apologize about that!)

plus when selling between forum members I know profit is rarely made anyways :D 

one of the main things is, a lot of Invacars have been bought by people just as an ornament, or something for the LOLs and they sit around doing nothing

for example of the 80 Known surviving Model 70's I only count about 5 that are in any sort of use sadly 

14 hours ago, jamiechod said:

Bca tat but wonder if it'll go for its trade book price, be a cheap house mover if I can get it! 

Screenshot_20200108_205822_com.android.chrome.jpg

What did it go for?

Proper dregs is that, the shit people fucked off to WBAC for literally fuck all. Bet the fees massively outweigh the hammer price! :D 

3 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

Always makes me laugh when people expect owners of things not to make a profit so penniless “genuine enthusiasts” can afford them. 

its when people ask people like Stuart "oh can you please find me a Model 70, I remember them fondly etc"

then said person like stuart works hard to find the person a Model 70, and they get their Model 70 for say £1-2K, claim that they will never sell it and they very happy etc

only for it to end up on some online auction site for £5K

its that sort of thing that makes me sad and its one of the things that put Stuart off the whole scene in the end (too many people just using him)

if you have an Invacar you have owned for many years or something and you decide to finally move it on, I have nothing against you selling it for a reasonable amount

its the buying to sell specifically for profit that gets me (especially when they are not upfront or lie about it, at least be honest about it!)

52 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

What did it go for?

Proper dregs is that, the shit people fucked off to WBAC for literally fuck all. Bet the fees massively outweigh the hammer price! :D 

Im not sure mate my dad went and he's just bought a 1.9 audi a4 s line tdi with 248k for £350 on the hammer (so with bca fees probably about £3500 out the door) 

Isn't it just? It would cost them less to just weigh them in and get scrap for the majority!